HD Anytime Movies watchable for all Movies subscribers from 10/03 even without HD sub

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As of yesterday (10th March), if you have a HD box and Movies subscription, but don't have the HD subscription, you can now watch the HD movies pushed to your box on Anytime.

This only applies to the movies, anything else still needs the HD sub.

Comments

• kaskas Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Just checked this out and it seems to be the case.
    I checked a few movies on 'showcase' anytime and they are now playing. The one exception is 'Dear John' which is still showing the - please upgrade your account info screen, all others seem to be playing looks like HD as well.
    If this is going to carry on then in effect we non-HD subscribers are getting free HD movies !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Result
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope its more permanent this time. :)

It was pretty useful to me when they did it November 2010 to mid-January 2011, HD movies moved from Anytime to the planner during this time also played back ok after the feature was removed.
    Forum Member
    Maybe it is being brought in to cover the ridiculous problem that SD viewers could not watch new 'Premier' movies via Anytime. the only way previously was to record them manuallyor watch 'live' as it were.
    Hope it stays this way SD or HD
  • bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Result. I have HD but refuse to pay this charge for my multiroom box, so I just switched anytime off.
    Forum Member
    Still can't access 'Dear John' via Anytime, maybe this will change later after it has been on again.
    (Not that I want to watch it you understand!)