Options

People who like to rub it in when you 'miss out'

big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
Anyone know people like this? You miss some kind of social event for some reason or another, maybe you already had plans yourself or plainly just didn't want to go, but first chance they get they seem to go out of their way to show off on what you're missing/missed out on. Whether that be via cringey Facebook uploads or references to 'private jokes' when you're present. It irritates me, not because their attempt at rubbing my nose in it succeeds, but just the very fact that they are blatantly trying to do so! What the hell goes on in the minds of these deluded fools??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    If I was 14 again then maybe.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Edmonds on Deal or no Deal

He comes across as a right sadist sometimes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Bowen.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was 14 again then maybe.

This.

I got to an age where I just thought...hang on...these "latest" "coolest" movies/films/bands aren't going to be so latest and cool a couple years from now and in some cases even a few months, the same thing with social events...a few months later and it's all forgotten.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Bowen.

Here's what you could have won.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This still happens among men/boys who boast about the girl they just shagged or who they are seeing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I didn't think this happened beyond high school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your comments about are bang on and precisely why this irritates me. It's ridiculous high school behaviour, but the extent I see it displayed from supposed grown adults is beyond a joke.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Anyone know people like this? You miss some kind of social event for some reason or another, maybe you already had plans yourself or plainly just didn't want to go, but first chance they get they seem to go out of their way to show off on what you're missing/missed out on. Whether that be via cringey Facebook uploads or references to 'private jokes' when you're present. It irritates me, not because their attempt at rubbing my nose in it succeeds, but just the very fact that they are blatantly trying to do so! What the hell goes on in the minds of these deluded fools??
    They're little shits if they are adults!
    Jim Bowen.

A speedboat, for your block of flats :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Your comments about are bang on and precisely why this irritates me. It's ridiculous high school behaviour, but the extent I see it displayed from supposed grown adults is beyond a joke.

The point I am making is that if you were still 14 then it's going to be difficult to laugh it off. If you are that bothered about their night out, then perhaps you should have gone, or deleted them from Facebook at the very least if you think they are nobheads.

Grown adults wouldn't have seen this as worthy as to create a thread. I'd just think "bellends" and not give it a second thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The point I am making is that if you were still 14 then it's going to be difficult to laugh it off. If you are that bothered about their night out, then perhaps you should have gone, or deleted them from Facebook at the very least if you think they are nobheads.

Grown adults wouldn't have seen this as worthy as to create a thread. I'd just think "bellends" and not give it a second thought.

Like I said, I am not at all fussed about missing out. It's these oddities who try to make you fussed who make me roll my eyes. I feel quite secure as a grown adult thanks (most of the time anyway), and find your post a tad patronising. If you don't think the thread is worthy of discussion then why bother posting in it. It was just a bit of social commentary, I'm not exactly crying into my cornflakes.