Options

Charlotte 16/10/2004-03/12/2014

EssexAimeeEssexAimee Posts: 57
Forum Member
My beautiful blenhiem Cavalier Charlotte has been in severe heart faliure sinse January she took a very bad turn for the worse today she couldnt breathe her lungs and abdomen were full of fluod she couldnt lie down but exhausted from standing up couldnt keep her balance she was in a bad way she had loads of frusemide but it wasnt touching her so we made the decision to stop her suffering I held her untill the end the vet even cried the vet absolutely dotted kn Charlotte she said she was in a bad way she didnt think she would have gone through the night her heart was so weak she literally only needed a tiny bit befpre I felt her heart stop but she still had the full dose.... I miss her soo much im literally heart broken :'(:'(.

R.I.P. Charlotte 16/10/2004-03/12/2014 ♥♥♥

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    EssexAimee wrote: »
    My beautiful blenhiem Cavalier Charlotte has been in severe heart faliure sinse January she took a very bad turn for the worse today she couldnt breathe her lungs and abdomen were full of fluod she couldnt lie down but exhausted from standing up couldnt keep her balance she was in a bad way she had loads of frusemide but it wasnt touching her so we made the decision to stop her suffering I held her untill the end the vet even cried the vet absolutely dotted kn Charlotte she said she was in a bad way she didnt think she would have gone through the night her heart was so weak she literally only needed a tiny bit befpre I felt her heart stop but she still had the full dose.... I miss her soo much im literally heart broken :'(:'(.

R.I.P. Charlotte 16/10/2004-03/12/2014 ♥♥♥

Oh bless you, she had 10 wonderful happy years with you, never forget that.

Thinking of you Aimee, stay strong I know it's an absolutely horrendous time for you, but everything is going to be okay. She was a happy girl xxx
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    RIP Charlotte and take care EssexAimee. I know it's never easy, but you made the right decision.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says a lot for Charlotte that the vet was upset, too.

You did the right thing - the only thing, in fact, you could have done. It is the hardest thing we ever have to do for the pets we love but can only be done by someone who loves them so much, too.

Take care of yourself at this horrible, difficult time. The time will come when you can think of her with a smile, not a tear. Be kind to yourself, whilst you get through the grieving process. xxxx
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss, sounds like a very special little girl.:(
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this sweetie, losing a pet is awful

They do become part of the family and it's completely natural to feel bereaved.

Be kind to yourself and know that you gave your girl a happy life and dignity at the end

X
  • Options
    EssexAimeeEssexAimee Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Thank you everyone it has well and truely been awful..... Christmas was definitely a weird one but im just glad shes not suffering anymore. I no I did the right thing I miss her terribly but we will see each other again one day :):)