Options

Alfie & Kat Tonight getting Married again Question

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How could they get married with no proof of ID?

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I'd assume they gave that when they went to get their marriage certificate which happened sometime soon after the twins birth. You don't need anything on the actual day as the Rigistrar already has the documentation.

That was the case 5 years ago when I married. You need to produce your birth certificates and any other pertinent certificates like decreee absolutes or death certificates if it is a second marriage and possibly proof of address at the initial meeting. They then process the paperwork, list your names for 3 weeks (I think) so any objection can be logged and if nobody comes forward issue the marriage license which is valid to be used on any date for about a year afterwards. They do speak with you quickly before the ceremony (literally right before, you're in your wedding clothes) to check things like professions, father's professions, witnesses names as they need to go on the marriage certificate but you don't need to produce ID then. Or at least we didn't and that w*s a civil ceremony same as Kat and Alfie.