Options

After taking a 2 year break from EastEnders I'm back!

summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watched it for the first time last night :D
After a 2 year break I don't recognize anyone lol.
But I really want to start watching it again, I missed it, just wasn't happy the way the show was going.
So it's good to be back, but it have a few questions.

Where's Bianca and the kids?

Did David wicks return and has he now left?

Who are those new people in the pub? Is it Shirley's brother? How many children live in the vic?
(When I was watching kat and Alfie were running it) !!!

Why are Shirley and phil no longer together ? And why has her son dean returned? Is Shirley's daughter came back?

I heard kat and Alfie have had twins ,
didn't he run off with Roxie at one point, what happened there?

How did Stacey get out of prison? And where's jean?

Who is Max with and where's Tanya? Did Max cheat on Tanya and have a baby with another woman? Why is Tanya no longer there?

what's been happening with Abs and Lauren while I haven't watched?

Did Tanya's sister return?

Did Peggy return and where us she now?

Who is that man Roxy is with?

Why is fat boy still in the show? :o

Where is Janine?

What's being going on with Ian? How did Lucy die:o
why has Ian's son got a new head? where's Denise?

Why does Lauren branning have a fear of being stalked?

What's been going on with the massods? Why is the daughter back? And where's Massods wife?

Ben how did he get out of prison? What foes Shirley think of him being out?
(He has a new head again!) I liked the old ben.

Lola did she get her daughter back after? What happened there? Because didn't phil want to bring her up?

I'd be grateful if anyone could update me, sorry for so many questions, just glad to be back:D is the same posters that used to post here still on, like the poster that loved Shirley and phil:D

Comments

• Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    You should have started watching at the end of last year, that's when it got good again. You've missed a brilliant year.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back :)

To answer a few of your questions - Bianca, Tiffany and Morgan are now living in Milton Keynes.
    Zainab left about 18 months ago.
    Alfie and Roxy got married but it was annulled as Alfie regretted it whilst still in the church and he and Kat now have Burt and Ernie :)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly time to start watching if I'm honest, you've missed all the best bits, you dot recognise anyone because you've took a break, there are way too many new characters though, they really need to cut some down, it isn't great ATM, but past nights was better, you've missed a very good year though, January - May were amazing, and so was all the September/October drama! I hope it gets good again towards Christmas, hopefully all the new characters can die down a bit, I also hope some of them leave.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were you i would find the episodes online April-October episodes are on dailynotion

Shirley's family live In te vic (bar Tina, babe and dean)
    Mick - he is assumed Shirley's brother but actually her son
    Linda - his wife
    Johnny - their gay son (my favorite character)
    Nancy - their daughter who has epilepsy
    Lee - there son who was in the army and may be connected to Lucy's nursery
    Lady di - their dog
    Stan - Shirley and Tina's dad.

Stan was reposanble for deans return as he wanted him to reconnect with Shirley as Stan was wanting to also reconnect with his family (he thinks mick is his and sluvies)

Aleks (the guy with Roxy) is the lathian market inspector who is secretly still seeing his wife Marta and daughter ineta.

Stacey appealed prison and was let off. Ben apparently did his time as was released around Lucy's murder but appeared from September when he was finally ready to see phil. Shirley hates him being back and he was responsible (by shaking Shirley up and shoving her) which led to dean and Shirley reconciling.

Emma (the woman with max) was a police officer on the lucy case but removed due to her and max sleeping together and Cameron (her ex fiancé has been stalking Lauren keeping the brannkfa under survialence and Lauren believes he may be Lucy's killer coming to murder her hence why she is terrified.

Tanya left to take Lauren to a clinic for alcohol. Rainie returned after sleeping with Ian around Lucy's murder, blackmailed him and did a runner after reuniting with Cora.

Zainab left February 2012. Shabnam returned at beginning of year and is keeping a secret
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Watched it for the first time last night :D

The left with Terry (and his kids)to live in Milton Keynes

Yes he returned and was due to marry Carol but left again after having a heart attack when they realiesed they would always end up hurting each other.
    Who are those new people in the pub? Is it Shirley's brother? How many children live in the vic?

They are Linda and Mick Carter, Mick is Shirley's 'Brother' they have three kids Lee, Nancy and Johny. Other Carters include Stan (Mick and Shirley's Dad), Tina (Mick and Linda's sister (and her partner Tosh) and Aunt Babe (Sister to Sylvie, Mick, Shirley and Tina's Mum)

And why has her son dean returned? Is Shirley's daughter came back?

Dean came back after getting in trouble with the police, he had been staying with Stan.
    didn't he run off with Roxie at one point, what happened there?

Yes two boys, Bert and Ernie. Alfie did get with Roxy but realised he still loved Kat and left her

Stacy claimed mental instability and was set free. Jean is living on the south coast (?Brighton with an ex-cop)
    Who is Max with and where's Tanya? Did Max cheat on Tanya and have a baby with another woman? Why is Tanya no longer there?

Max is currently with Emma Summerhayes, a Police Lioason Officer who was working on the Lucy Beale Murder, but was taken off the case when her affair with Max came out. Tanya and Max's other woman both left.

Lauren is now with Peter and Abi has been dumped by Jay for Lola.

Yes she went back on the game and slept with Ian the day Lucy died.

Sort of she returned for one scene at the end of an episode to raise a glass to PAt and was then seen just before Sharon/Phil's wedding in her villa in Portugal when she sent Ronnie back to the Square

Aleks, the Market Inspector from Latvia, he is married (seperated) with a kid. They have just come to Walford and he is hiding them from Roxy.
    Why is fat boy still in the show? :o

He is a good character and has a great relationship with Dot
    Where is Janine?

She left (? went on the run) and is currently conning her way round Europe
    What's being going on with Ian? How did Lucy die:o

He slept with a prostitute (Raine - Tanya's sister) the day Lucy died. Lucy was murdered, by someone unknown (we will find out February) but likely to be someone from the Square (?Peter).

Peter has a new head as they decided to replace the actor for a better one. Denise is living with Patrick (after he had a storke) and she found out about Ian and the prostitute.

It is not a fear she is being stalked by a cop (who she believes is a journalist)
    What's been going on with the massods? Why is the daughter back? And where's Massods wife?

Nothing much Zainab left and Shabnam returned (with a secret) after the death of Masood's mother

Ben was released for 'good behaviour'

Hope this helps
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you do don't bother re-watching August, it was utter, utter crap until the episode Cindy* gave birth, which was one of the best of the year IMO.

EDIT: Cindy Williams Jr. is the daughter of Michelle Collins, off of Stella off of Coronation Street. Cindy Sr. died giving birth to Cindy Jr. Ian's since taken her in.

Alfie did run off and get married to Roxy, as Kat couldn't keep it in her knickers because she's a 'dirty girl'. She had an affair with a pantomime parody of a wannabe two-bit past it Kray brother. Alfie and Kat got back together when Alfie completed his species transfer from human to doormat and left Roxy.

Subsequently, they've had twins and they've had money troubles, primarily because Alfie is a lazy, ineffectual, lousy, useless little scrote of a man. He lost his stall due to being an utter lazy ****, won it back and bunked off the very next day. Cue rant at market inspector Aleks with blatant xenophobic undertones.

Since then he's whinged at Danny Dyer for not giving him a job in the pub, whinged at Aleks for not giving him his stall, whinged at the bank manager for not loaning him money, and was therefore up for eviction from his illegally sublet council house.

Despite the literal thousands of working class jobs available in the economic seat of power and industry in the country, there was only one thing left for it: Burn his house to the ground, nearly kill the mother of his children, severely maim the mother of his children, and subsequently blame Stacey / Mo / Masood.

Insert a few more of his xenophobic rants in there and I give you the story of Alfie and Kat, 2013-present.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    She's moved to Milton Keynes with Tiffany and Morgan and her boyfriend Terry Spraggan and his family.

He did return for a good while, but left after his relationship with Carol broke down.
    They were briefly engaged.

The people in the pub are the Carters. They moved in last Christmas. They are a massive family. Mick and Linda are the landlords of the Vic. They have three children, Nancy (21), Lee (about 23) and Johnny (19) who is gay. Mick's father Stan also lives there, and there is also extended family like Tina and her female partner Tosh.

Why are Shirley and phil no longer together ? And why has her son dean returned? Is Shirley's daughter came back?
    Shirley and Phil were together, but Phil ended up marrying Sharon a few weeks ago, only for the marriage to last a few hours as Sharon found out about Phil's tryst with Shirley.

Alfie was with Roxy, but it was obvious his true love was Kat, and they were reunited. They secretly remarried a couple of weeks ago in an impromptu wedding ceremony.
    But unbeknown to Kat, Alfie was the one who set fire to their house in order to claim
    on the insurance. Kat suffered a bad facial injury. Their relationship is bound to come under strain when the truth emerges.

Stacey got out of prison very suddenly when she won an appeal using her
    bi-polar disorder as an excuse! It seemed a bit unlikely she would get out of jail
    that easily. Jean recently made a brief comeback to the show when Stacey
    visited her in hospital after her mother suffered a relapse of her bi-polar.
    Jean had left Albert Square to live with her boyfriend, but that relationship has since
    died out.

Max's latest woman is DS Emma Summerhayes, who he met while she was the
    family liaison officer for the Beales in the immediate aftermath of Lucy's murder.
    Tanya left Walford in June 2013 to accompany Lauren to a residential unit in Exeter to help her recover from her drinking. Lauren returned to Walford, but Tanya remained behind.

Abbi has been moping about ever since her relationship with Jay ended
    because she suspected he wanted to be with Lola. She blamed Lauren
    for things going wrong in her life, such as failing her exams.

It turned out that on the night of Lucy Beale's murder, Ian had been seeing prostitute
    Rainie behind Denise's back. Ian was desperate to keep this quiet and for a while the viewers wondered if he could possibly have been involved in Lucy's murder as he was being shifty about his whereabouts that night and having to give a false alibi.

She made a very brief (and badly acted) cameo appearance in a specially filmed
    scene abroad with Ronnie when she told Ronnie to get back to England and try
    and stop the wedding between Phil and Sharon.

His name is Alex Shirov. He's a Latvian and first made his appearance as a
    market inspector who ruffled a lot of feathers. He has integrated into
    the Square very well and is a well-rounded character. He has been
    seeing his wife in secret and also has a daughter.

Why is fat boy still in the show?
    I still think there is a place in the show for him. I like his interactions with Mrs B!

Where is Janine?
    After being cleared of the murder of Michael Moon (she stabbed him in self-defence), she fled for Paris in March this year.

What's being going on with Ian? How did Lucy die
    Lucy's body was found on Walford Common on Good Friday. We still don't
    know who did it. We will find out in a live episode in February to coincide with
    the 30th anniversary of the show!

Peter is now played by Ben Hardy, who made his first appearance in June 2013.
    Denise is now single again after splitting up with Ian after finding out about
    his betrayal.

Lauren fears she is being stalked by Lucy's killer. In actual fact
    it is Emma Summerhayes' estranged fiance, who works for the police.
    He has been ordered to keep tabs on the Branning family as his
    force continue their investigation into Lucy's murder.

The Masoods have had a quiet time since Zainab left. She left in February 2013 for Pakistan after her relationship irretrievably broke down with Masood.
    Shabnam returned last year played by a new actress. The character is a lot different. She has strong political views and is hard for people to warm to.

I don't know how he got out of prison either! Shirley is very angry he's out, but
    I think she will eventually warm to him again as he is very remorseful.

Lola did she get her daughter back after? What happened there? Because didn't phil want to bring her up?
    Lola got custody of her daughter back after Phil softened and decided she was better
    off with her mother.
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much everyone for your replies
    great to be back.:)
    Where can I catch up on a few clips on daily motion? Anyone got a link.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask, are jay and Lola a couple now? I only seen the episode where ben told Abi that Jay was in love with Lola, then I missed a bit and when I returned Abi was crying about it and drowning Lauren's face in a water with apples. How did they get together and how has Lola been around abi? The cow! Friends ex-boyfriends are off limits that's like the rules of feminism.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As of yet, Lola is unaware of Jay's feelings for her. Though he broke up with Abi because he loves Lola, they havent got together. Lola was away vissiting a friend and when she came back, was surprised to see Abo shootong daggers at her. To this day she hasnt a clue why
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    You should have started watching at the end of last year, that's when it got good again. You've missed a brilliant year.

No it didn't and no they haven't.

I began watching again when the carters arrived and still thought it was tripe, along with the ridiculous Shirley reveal.
    Lucy's murder has also been about as gripping as a repeat of Gardeners World.

I would say its got good again for about the last month or so. So the OP has started watching just at the right time.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back. I am saddened that you missed the biggest event in soap history last year when Bobby Beale's pet snake Monty escaped from his cage and ran amok in Walford :o, even slithering his way into Dot's handbag :o. Snakegate will live long in the memories of soap fans across the nation for many years to come. A truly memorable storyline. DTC would do well to top that :cool:.