Comments

• NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be more concerned that someone was that close to an 11 year old to photograph the details on her dress.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned that someone was that close to an 11 year old to photograph the details on her dress.

Zoom lens?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only inappropriate if Rihanna does it...
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    Zoom lens?

That's even worse!
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoom lens?
    It would take more than a zoom to magnify around the bottom of the skirt to get a good look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the pics, does anyone think it's right to let a 11 year old child wear such a dress though?

Personally, I wouldn't let any child of mine wear it, but Sadies' old lady cardi's quite offensive too. It looks like she borrowed it from Agnes of Mrs Brown's Boys. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UPDATE - she's confessed to be 'shocked'.
    Yeah, right Sadie luv, of course you are. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103858/Im-shocked--present-Sadie-Frost-apologises-daughter-Iriss-rude-love-hearts-dress.html

And why in yesterdays pictures was the child's face not pixillated, but in today's they are? Strange.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i think it was inappropriate - but i suppose it was created in a tongue in cheek kind of way - but not really a good look on a kid.

thought iris was quite stunning - saw a pic bigging up abbey clancy's sister todayabout her being a 13yr old model but imho she's a real moose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    i think it was inappropriate - but i suppose it was created in a tongue in cheek kind of way - but not really a good look on a kid.

thought iris was quite stunning - saw a pic bigging up abbey clancy's sister todayabout her being a 13yr old model but imho she's a real moose.

Abby Clancy's sister isn't the best looking child (and she is a child) quite sullen looking in fact. At least Sadie doesn't seem to be pushing Iris into a modelling job at an early age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103756/Abbey-Clancys-little-sister-Elle-13-looks-set-outshine-sibling-stunning-looks.html
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the pics, does anyone think it's right to let a 11 year old child wear such a dress though?

Personally, I wouldn't let any child of mine wear it, but Sadies' old lady cardi's quite offensive too. It looks like she borrowed it from Agnes of Mrs Brown's Boys. :D

Actually no. I get that it's supposed to be subversive - the surface soft delicate colours, the love hearts, then the 'shock' of the messages - but 11 is way too young for its adult cynicism.

Bit sad really that it's designed (if it is?) for kids that age.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see the problem with it. It's just got a bit of attitude that's all. There's nothing sexual about it or overly rude, just a bit of attitude. What 11 year old hasn't got attitude?

EDIT: Just seen the second link there, it says the dress had slogans such as "eat s**t" and "blow me" on it. In that case, of course it's bloody inappropriate... but I couldn't see those ones on the dress on the first link.
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friend of mine read this, making me post here! (they're not a DS user - weirdo!)

Anyway, they urged me to say that perpetrators against children often use signals kids recognise, such as having fluffy keyrings or a funky backpack to gain these kids confidence

And, hence, this dress is something a child shouldn't wear as it's knowing but how can the 11 year old child 'know'? It's apparently like the keyrings in reverse. It would make a 'perp' feel vindicated as the wearer (in the perps' eyes 'knows all about things')

(don't give me a hard time, just posting what an expert says, they represent people in court in such cases)
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had an 11 year old she wouldn't be seen dead in something as hideous as that.
  • nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did she manage to avoid noticing what was on the dress the whole time?! :confused:

Should've looked closer, Sadie... in the words of Twitter: #fail.
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nhodkin147 wrote: »
    How did she manage to avoid noticing what was on the dress the whole time?! :confused:

OMG, is that what Sadie Frost is saying now?

Isn't she supposed to be a fashion designer herself? (Frost French range in Debenhams??)

Surely, if she was a designer and all, she'd notice the finer details of a garment?

Sounds like damage limitation to me, she thought the dress would get headlines, but not the bad kind!

Fail Indeed
  • LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abby Clancy's sister isn't the best looking child (and she is a child) quite sullen looking in fact. At least Sadie doesn't seem to be pushing Iris into a modelling job at an early age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103756/Abbey-Clancys-little-sister-Elle-13-looks-set-outshine-sibling-stunning-looks.html

*vomits* Is it really appropriate to be describing a child as stunning?!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoom lens?

It would have to have been that close though. Notice how the light from the flash is all on them? If this was from a distance, the light from the flash would have hit others as well. It's just on them. Maybe it's an actual light on top of the camera, I dunno.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nhodkin147 wrote: »

I think Sadie knew exactly what was on the dress and used her daughter to get headlines.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    It seems Sadie Frost isn't the only one who didn't notice the finer details on the dress, considering the DM ran the story yesterday with Iris in the dress, calling it 'sweet' and showing her unpixelated. Complete 180 today now it's been pointed out to them!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sdie Frost in desperate attention seeking stunt; who'da thunk it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    It seems Sadie Frost isn't the only one who didn't notice the finer details on the dress, considering the DM ran the story yesterday with Iris in the dress, calling it 'sweet' and showing her unpixelated. Complete 180 today now it's been pointed out to them!

I saw an unpixellated version on Google's image search earlier on. It appears to have been taken down since though. There's a few other unpixellated shots of her face. Strange that that particular image is nowhere to be seen and yet the other unpixellated shots remain. Hmm...
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Sophie Ellis Bextor on the linked page apparently wearing a dress made out of bubblewrap that got me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103857/Sophie-Ellis-Bextors-son-mistakes-chic-maternity-number-Burberry-wedding-dress.html
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    It's Sophie Ellis Bextor on the linked page apparently wearing a dress made out of bubblewrap that got me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103857/Sophie-Ellis-Bextors-son-mistakes-chic-maternity-number-Burberry-wedding-dress.html

She looks stunning. It is a bit bubblewrappy from a distance but it's lovely in the close up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

I can't see any dress that's made out of bubble wrap. I think it's just a dress that's silver patterned. Bubble wrap is clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think Sadie knew exactly what was on the dress and used her daughter to get headlines.
    The daughter is the image of Jude too, I predict she will be a model and an actress by the time she is 14.