Wii set up help please

PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all. We just bought a secondhand Wii and have set it up but with one big problem.

The picture is in black and white and we can't figure out what to do to get it in colour.

Can anyone advise please. Thanks.

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps check the picture output settings. Is it on 576i rather than 480p??
  • PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can't choose the 480p option. It's greyed out. The other two options don't make a difference.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That rules out any compatability issues then. If all the connections are in the correct sockets and secure then I would think there is a fault somewhere.

Are you plugged directly into the TVs yellow/red/white sockets or are you using a SCART adaptor block? You can try different combinations to rule out dodgy component or socket.

Can you try the Wii on a different TV? If you get the same result again then it kinda confirms the Wii is faulty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. We will try that.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It sounds like your TV might have some compatibility issues displaying PAL60. I would suggest buying an RGB cable if you don't already use one and trying that, if it doesn't help then use 576i as that will be colour but it's not the ideal way to play Wii.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. We had to buy a little adaptor/connector thingy (you can see I'm not good with technical terms) for the back of the telly. It's working fine now. :)