Options

Doctor Who - S8E12 - Death in Heaven - 8th Nov '14 - BBC One (HD) @ 8:00pm

Comments

• Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, folks, I have no idea whether my Metro preview will get published tomorrow or be held until closer to Saturday, but here's a trivial spoiler for you:
    Don't switch off after the pre-credits teaser. The opening title sequence has been changed - in two places - for this episode only.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Okay, folks, I have no idea whether my Metro preview will get published tomorrow or be held until closer to Saturday, but here's a trivial spoiler for you:
    Don't switch off after the pre-credits teaser. The opening title sequence has been changed - in two places - for this episode only.
    That to me says that someone else is"the doctor" as well.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    That makes two of us mate.

Count me in too.
    Whilst I seem to be in a minority in that I don't find Chris Addison annoying, I still don't want him to be the Master.
  • Options
    Simon_AmblerSimon_Ambler Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    @sloutchingthatch, is it safe to say that we will not see 11 return in the last episode ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    It is absolutely open to interpretation. *stirs pot*

;-)
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can people please stop finding new, intriguing thinks to confuse us and speculate about please?. I really can't cope with any more 'Oooo what does nnn mean' things.
  • Options
    theboyroddtheboyrodd Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Part of me want's a thick of it style capaldi sweary rant at Chris Addison, maybe a past watershed episode
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if 'Missy' is our old friend and Cyberking Missy Hartigan?

When Dr Chang said to the Doctor and Clara "We've been telepathically scanning you" we were meant to think he meant scanning Clara. What if he meant both of them? Wouldn't be the first time we've had a bit of Moffatt misdirection. The Doctor would be frantically thinking who could come up with this sort of plan and the Master popped into his head - hence Missy using it?

Random thoughts. All will be revealed on Saturday. Can't wait. :D
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to saturday whatever happens. If Danny cannot be brought back to life they should at least release his soul so he can be at peace. Maybe if Clara is pregnant that can be part of it. If he knows his child will be born and live. Clara would also be comforted she losess her love but a part of him stays and lives on in their child.
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    A Few Teasers I Found For Saturdays Episode

"Say something nice"
    Not everyone makes it out alive.
    "Hey Missy you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Missy"
    "Bow ties are cool"
    Mr. President
    "I'm gonna miss her too"
    "Happy Birthday"
    "No more"
    What happens to clouds when it starts to rain?
    Guard the graveyards.

• Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    What if 'Missy' is our old friend and Cyberking Missy Hartigan?

When Dr Chang said to the Doctor and Clara "We've been telepathically scanning you" we were meant to think he meant scanning Clara. What if he meant both of them? Wouldn't be the first time we've had a bit of Moffatt misdirection. The Doctor would be frantically thinking who could come up with this sort of plan and the Master popped into his head - hence Missy using it?

Random thoughts. All will be revealed on Saturday. Can't wait. :D

I thought "The Next Doctor" didn't happen after the Doctor fixed the cracks?
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »

"Say something nice"
    "Bow ties are cool"
    Mr. President
    "I'm gonna miss her too"
    "Happy Birthday"
    "No more"
    Guard the graveyards.

Cameos from Matt Smith and John Hurt maybe ...
    ... could we see how Capaldi comes to feature in the anniversary special?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are a couple more not-really-spoilery quotes (from my as yet unposted preview):
    "87, OCD. 91, Queen of evil."

"You know what I am? I am an idiot."
  • Options
    TorchwoodBoyTorchwoodBoy Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read there was a surprise cameo... please please please don't let it be Sarah Jane as a Cyberman... my hearts would break.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know a lot of people don't want to find out as soon or not at all but maybe we will find out why the Doctor got Capaldi's face that would be a good twist to the tale as he is already trying to figure it out himself
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Say something nice"
    "Bow ties are cool"
    Mr. President
    "I'm gonna miss her too"
    "Happy Birthday"
    "No more"
    Guard the graveyards.

I think the 'say something nice' is obviously said just before the Master/Missy kills someone again? Who? Clara?

'Happy Birthday' could be mockingly said to Clara at her graveside.. as birth dates are always on them and Clara finds out her true identity? - would also be something interesting to say before Clara dies.. ?

All just speculation of course.. just got a feeling we will be saying goodbye to Clara and although many have wondered if she is leaving, it has been a well kept secret really without any media leaks..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the spoiler-free preview I wrote for Metro --> Link.

Includes 10 things to watch out for, nothing spoilery - more teasers, really.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Series 8 DVD release has been delayed for a week as Death in Heaven has been reclassified - so the cover has to be reprinted :p
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The Series 8 DVD release has been delayed for a week as Death in Heaven has been reclassified - so the cover has to be reprinted :p

What is it now? 15?! :o
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    A number of previews suggesting that this is
    the best finale since 2005.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the spoiler-free preview I wrote for Metro --> Link.

Includes 10 things to watch out for, nothing spoilery - more teasers, really.

Teaser 10 is hilarious.

Cheers for sharing.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    I think the 'Say something nice' could be the moment where the Doctors 'sourness' bites him on the backside big time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    enjoyed your review slouchingthatch . liked the teasers a lot..enough to drool over..not enough to give anything away (although that makes me twitch a little bit ;) ..so impatient to know!).
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I laughed so hard I cried. Then I cried so hard I embarrassed myself in a public venue.

Fun teasers

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/spoilers/teasers/doctor-who-finale-teasers-death-in-heaven
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sonicsocks wrote: »
    enjoyed your review slouchingthatch . liked the teasers a lot..enough to drool over..not enough to give anything away (although that makes me twitch a little bit ;) ..so impatient to know!).
    Thanks! This above all other episodes was a big challenge to keep spoiler-free. Unusallu, reviewers were given seven specific plot points that we are absolutely, definitely NOT allowed to even hint at.