2 brothers, 1 mother and a caravan - Eastenders: Tuesday 18th November 2014 ep thread

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone :D

Coming up on tonight’s Eastenders:

When Mick interrupts Aunt Babe and Stan's argument, he is shocked when Stan reveals that Babe knows where Shirley is. Babe is forced to tell Mick that someone has been living in their caravan, but she thinks it's just kids messing around. Despite this, Mick decides that it's worth a look anyway and Dean joins him. The journey initially seems fruitless when Shirley isn't in the caravan, but they soon see Shirley heading towards them. Shirley is stunned to realise that Babe has been deceiving her when Mick explains that Phil is fine and has covered for her with the police, meaning that there's no reason for her to hide anymore. Mick also reveals that Stan has terminal cancer, but a shaken Shirley still refuses to come home as she says they are all better off without her. Once Mick and Dean leave, a man emerges from the darkness and embraces Shirley…

Meanwhile, Johnny has invited Ben to Lee's birthday celebrations, but Lee makes him feel unwelcome as he doesn't want a murderer hanging around. Ben decides to leave when he realises that he isn't welcome, but Johnny rushes after him and tries to apologise for his older brother's behaviour. Ben leans in to kiss Johnny but when he hears Abi approaching, he gets cold feet and shouts at Johnny to back off. Ben also calls Johnny some insulting names, but he pays the price when Lee steps in and attacks him. Unfortunately, Lee accidentally knocks over Nancy in his raging state. Lee is soon left regretting his aggressive behaviour when Fatboy and Lauren speculate over how Whitney will react to the news. At the same time, Abi takes Ben back to the Branning house to clean him up and they end up kissing as Ben continues his attempts to prove that he is straight.

Elsewhere, when Stan catches up with Cora, she isn't pleased with him for keeping his illness a secret from her. Will Stan be able to reason with Cora?

Cast:
Shirley Carter - Linda Henry
Mick Carter - Danny Dyer
Linda Carter - Kellie Bright
Johnny Carter - Sam Strike
Nancy Carter - Maddy Hill
Lee Carter - Danny-Boy Hatchard
Dean Wicks - Matt Di Angelo
Stan Carter - Timothy West
Tina Carter - Luisa Bradshaw-White
Fiona 'Tosh' Mackintosh - Rebecca Scroggs
Babe Smith - Annette Badland
Stacey Branning - Lacey Turner
Ben Mitchell - Harry Reid
Abi Branning - Lorna Fitzgerald
Lauren Branning - Jacqueline Jossa
Cora Cross - Ann Mitchell
Dexter Hartman - Khali Best
Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb - Ricky Norwood
Tamwar Masood - Himesh Patel
Biker - Karl Howman
Behind the scenes:
Executive Producer - Dominic Treadwell-Collins
Director - Richard Lynn
Writer - Laura Poliakoff

For those who may have missed Eastenders supporting Children in Need:

Eastenders do Grease: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOovYe56HE

The Ghosts of Ian Beale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWYXwmAmAw

Enjoy the episode :)

Would you like to see Dean and Shirley reunite? 59 votes

Yes
61% 36 votes
No
23% 14 votes
Don't Know
15% 9 votes

Comments

• Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread! Love it.

I don't know if I want them to reunite, I did, I kinda still do but then the rape...hmm:confused:, I wish they hadn't made Dean a rapist!

Welcome back Shirley. And Hello! Karl Howman! :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread! Love it.

I don't know if I want them to reunite, I did, I kinda still do but then the rape...hmm:confused:, I wish they hadn't made Dean a rapist!

Welcome back Shirley. And Hello! Karl Howman! :)

In Matt's backstage interview a few months ago he did that say that "something happens in the future and Shirley takes Dean's side" Hmm.....
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    In Matt's backstage interview a few months ago he did that say that "something happens in the future and Shirley takes Dean's side" Hmm.....

Anytime :)
    See I assumed that he was talking about the 'weed' thing, when Shirley was looking out for him. The interview was a few months before that aired. It would be a bad move for Shirley to believe Dean, though understandable, I reckon she will be torn on who to believe...I still can't believe they did this to Dean, I liked him!:cry:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anytime :)
    See I assumed that he was talking about the 'weed' thing, when Shirley was looking out for him. The interview was a few months before that aired. It would be a bad move for Shirley to believe Dean, though understandable, I reckon she will be torn on who to believe...I still can't believe they did this to Dean, I liked him!:cry:
    I don't know.....did Shirley take his side though? I suppose she did with covering it up.....
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I don't know.....did Shirley take his side though? I suppose she did with covering it up.....
    I kind thought he meant about her looking out for him, though I could be wrong...:)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,174
    Forum Member
    What's the betting we dont see Buster till the last scene. I wonder when they reveal his secret identity ie that he is Andy.
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    What's the betting we dont see Buster till the last scene. I wonder when they reveal his secret identity ie that he is Andy.

EastEnders style isn't it? Show the new character or returning character at the very end?!:D

Metro says for Thurs: Mick and Dean take drastic measures to get Shirley back in Walford and it involves stealing a caravan but Shirley has a bombshell of her own as a face from the Carters’ past joins her on her involuntary trip back to Albert Square.

So if he is Mick's dad, Andy, then he has been in their lives as the Carters know him already, including Mick. It would be good if Mick had known his dad all along but didn't know who he really was, like Mick doesn't know about Shirley. But then would Andy know about Mick..intrigued.(presuming that is who he is).
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

This is why I don't like them revealing things like this. A cliffhanger is a cliffhanger for a reason, otherwise it's just "yep knew it" then you wait two days until the next episode.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    This is why I don't like them revealing things like this. A cliffhanger is a cliffhanger for a reason, otherwise it's just "yep knew it" then you wait two days until the next episode.

Shirley gets the duff duff tonight.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Shirley returns in style :D

Thanks for thread Sez :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread Sez

Trust your poll to be dean related :p:D
    Forum Member
    EastEnders style isn't it? Show the new character or returning character at the very end?!:D

Metro says for Thurs: Mick and Dean take drastic measures to get Shirley back in Walford and it involves stealing a caravan but Shirley has a bombshell of her own as a face from the Carters’ past joins her on her involuntary trip back to Albert Square.

So if he is Mick's dad, Andy, then he has been in their lives as the Carters know him already, including Mick. It would be good if Mick had known his dad all along but didn't know who he really was, like Mick doesn't know about Shirley. But then would Andy know about Mick..intrigued.(presuming that is who he is).

Well if he is Andy (which he is) he is from the Carters past but that doesn't mean he knows Mick.

It does get boring tho, we used to occasionally get new characters at the start of an episode rather than the end.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,251
    Forum Member
    Thankoo. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if he is Andy (which he is) he is from the Carters past but that doesn't mean he knows Mick.

It does get boring tho, we used to occasionally get new characters at the start of an episode rather than the end.

I agree. They could introduce him in the midst of the episode like the Cokers randomly dancing and singing :D
    Forum Member

Oh I know! Much better when they are introduced earlier on than in the last 2 minutes. Remember Stacey's return?!:o
    Forum Member
    I agree. They could introduce him in the midst of the episode like the Cokers randomly dancing and singing :D

Yes please. I loved their dancing last night, best bit of the Ep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I loved their dancing last night, best bit of the Ep.

:D I know it was hilarious seeing them in the launderette!

Shirley could sing " a whole new boot,
    A new fantastic pointed toe" :D
    Forum Member
    :D I know it was hilarious seeing them in the launderette!

Shirley could sing " a whole new boot,
    A new fantastic pointed toe" :D

:D:D:D

Sharon and Phil can do beauty and the beast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

Sharon and Phil can do beauty and the beast

:D:D

Shirley and Phil could sing "The bear (hand) necessities"