River Song's Doctor.......or Doctors!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
Forum Member
Just watched the very funny and entertaining SM at the comics con video on you tube, he does seem to give a spoilerish answer to the question of River Song's doctor, he says:
'In my head, she has met the DT Doctor before.......but that is not the only doctor she's met'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyBD3PdmiA

Mind you, he's not saying she'll definately ever make a reappearance, he was ambigious about that.

For all parts of the the con video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gonturan74

Comments

• dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just brilliant! Steven seems a really funny and very entertaining person. I think his Doctor Who era is going to be fantastic! :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kovak wrote: »
    Just watched the very funny and entertaining SM at the comics con video on you tube, he does seem to give a spoilerish answer to the question of River Song's doctor, he says:
    'In my head, she has met the DT Doctor before.......but that is not the only doctor she's met'

Well that was the most obvious interpretation of what information was given on screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could RS have in fact met the "Doctor" who ends up living with Rose in the parrallel universe. We know Miss Tyler works for TW in that world and River Song is a time travelling archaeologist , so what's to stop the latter meeting the elderly Rose and Doc10 "lite"in their timelines future. This would've course be earlier on in RiverSongs timeline than Silence In The Library.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could RS have in fact met the "Doctor" who ends up living with Rose in the parrallel universe. We know Miss Tyler works for TW in that world and River Song is a time travelling archaeologist , so what's to stop the latter meeting the elderly Rose and Doc10 "lite"in their timelines future. This would've course be earlier on in RiverSongs timeline than Silence In The Library.

I don't think so. You can't travel between the universes. The only way River Song could meet Rose and Doc2 is if the barriers break down again.
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Well that was the most obvious interpretation of what information was given on screen.

Well assuming Doctor 10 is the first Doctor she meets as we have to do I think given her instant reaction to seeing him -how she knew and concentrated on his face ..surely it means River Song is not that far in the Doctors future?

Aww well we'll just have to wait and see -I do hope we see her -if she is so important to the Doctor we need to know more I think.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessicaL wrote: »
    Well assuming Doctor 10 is the first Doctor she meets as we have to do I think given her instant reaction to seeing him -how she knew and concentrated on his face ..surely it means River Song is not that far in the Doctors future?

Aww well we'll just have to wait and see -I do hope we see her -if she is so important to the Doctor we need to know more I think.:)

Doesn't have to be, she could have had meetings with Doc11 and with Doc12 (for example) before ever meeting Doc10 then meet Doc13 before her next meeting with 10.

The fact that they have to keep diaries to work out which meetings have happened for both of them means that their meetings are pretty random from the Doctors perspective.

But yes from the Doctor's Point of View he will meet her before he ages too much more and certainly before he regenerates but we may never see this meeting on screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't have to be, she could have had meetings with Doc11 and with Doc12 (for example) before ever meeting Doc10 then meet Doc13 before her next meeting with 10.

The fact that they have to keep diaries to work out which meetings have happened for both of them means that their meetings are pretty random from the Doctors perspective.

But yes from the Doctor's Point of View he will meet her before he ages too much more and certainly before he regenerates but we may never see this meeting on screen.

Interesting idea :)

I wonder is she a timelady?-might explain their independance from each other though they are close ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. You can't travel between the universes. The only way River Song could meet Rose and Doc2 is if the barriers break down again.

I understand that is the case as things currently stand in the Whoniverse. Maybe in Riversongs timeline the TimeLords have returned in some form and allow travel between alternate worlds in emergencies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member

It did appear in another answer SM gave that the Doctor/RS relationship might well be only hinted at (off screen) from time to time rather than actually being seen.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I said in another forum (and was shot down rather quickly!) that I thought the script was written in such to allow that it allowed for a situation where David Tennant has left before the Doctor's 'first' meeting with River Song.

Whilst River recognised the Doctor straight away, it may well be that if she were (for instance) his future wife - and shared more with him than anyone else - then she may have a special perception that allows her to recognise him regardless of his form.

I know a lot of people disagreed with me on this, but I did think the dialogue was worded very carefully so as to allow for the possibility that River's first meeting with the Doctor is after he has regenerated to the 11th Doctor (or even further).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I certainly think that the Doctor whom RS affectionately describes (i.e HER doctor) is another incarnation and not DT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I said in another forum (and was shot down rather quickly!) that I thought the script was written in such to allow that it allowed for a situation where David Tennant has left before the Doctor's 'first' meeting with River Song.

Whilst River recognised the Doctor straight away, it may well be that if she were (for instance) his future wife - and shared more with him than anyone else - then she may have a special perception that allows her to recognise him regardless of his form.

I know a lot of people disagreed with me on this, but I did think the dialogue was worded very carefully so as to allow for the possibility that River's first meeting with the Doctor is after he has regenerated to the 11th Doctor (or even further).

But SM has said she meets DT's Doctor -and surely that meeting in SITL was not her first sighting of the 10th Doctor -every Doctor is different has different personalities ..she would not be so totally unguarded and sure of their relationship as she was in SITL if this Doctor was new to her surely -in fact the way she concentrated on his face ...surely that was not a incarnation she had just met ..

That said we'll just have to wait and see ..:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watched all the Comic Con clips but was it ever explained why RTD did not appear? He was listed as taking part along with Julie and Steven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member

Yeah, and I don't think I want that AGAIN. :yawn: