How pampered is your pet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettuce wrote: »
    we gave up buying cat beds for our cat as he is obsessed with cardboard boxes, he'll sit in one for a few weeks, all day and night, like Lord muck, then one day that's it he's had enough of it .. he'll never sit in it again, then we can recycle it .. till another emerges in the house :D

a bit like father jack with the brick really

My cat's never sleep in their beds either, in winter the older cat just lies flat on his back in front of the fire.

My dog's sleep in them instead!
    Taz
    Barney
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I love reading all these posts, each one makes me smile more and more.
    My Jassy (scottie dog) is the worst, I read way back that someone would rather sit on the floor than remove their dog from the sofa.
    Well, I have slept on the sofa, rather than turf Jassy off the bed!!!!! How sad is that???? :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I got my current 2 cats my mother made some lovely round, soft beds for them from old sleeping bags & covered in material that matched our decor & lined with vet bed. The cats were initially happy to sleep in these beds but after a few weeks I found one of them preferred to sleep on some old clothes that I'd thrown in the bottom of a cupboard in the bedroom & the other one decided that the top of the wardrobe was the best place to sleep! So these lovely new beds are now confined to the bottom of a cupboard & the top of a wardrobe!!!

I must admit that I'm quite mean about buying toys for the cats though. Experience has taught me that they are more than happy with a piece of screwed up newspaper tied to some string, or an empty cotton reel or the plastic rings that you pull off milk cartons, of a couple of frozen peas that one cat used to chase around the kitchen floor till they defrosted:eek:.