Options

Airplay broken in 8.1.2 update - crapple

steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
Forum Member
MY dad updated his ipad2 to 8.1.2 and now airplay doesnt work!
is there anyway to get this to work?

also is there a way to get back to ios6 / ios7 stable ios?

apple have gone downhill - is this how it's going to be from now on? Constant software updates to plan-obsolete your devices - breaking stuff and causing issues all the time?

Comments

• Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be the first to admit iOS 8 has definitely been poor in terms of incremental upgrades and fixing one problem then causing another!

I don't know how you'll get around AirPlay as I don't have an iPad 2 I'm afraid but you won't be able to restore it back to 6 or 7 as those drivers have stopped being signed by Apple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    airplay working fine on my IPad2 since 8.1.2

8.1 runs fine on my iPad2, not had any problems
  • Options
    zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends what you're air playing to - I just tried it on 8.1.2 to our Apple TV and it works fine from both iPad and iPhone.

What I will say is that the Apple TV doesn't always wake from sleep (when requested to do so from Airplay). Even then I have to do a restart (note: not a reset) to get it to work. I use it so infrequently this isn't a problem. Also, this behaviour has more or less started with the arrival of our new fibre router from TalkTalk with which I have other issues, so I'm inclined to blame that for the dropped connection.
  • Options
    kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Number of iPads including iPad2 and no problem with Airplay
    All have 8.1.2 now

Try restarting your Apple TV as mentioned above, mine often seems asleep
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    AirPlay working for me, but it did drop connection midway through streaming a program while mirroring yesterday.

OP have you tried rebooting the router?
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    It's now randomly working fine (it didnt work yesterday around 3pm)

Must off been a network issue with router