Celebrities who have just vanished into thin air?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. I see that both Calum Best and Abi Titmus are just about to star in something about hairdressing that I have forgotten the name of between the BB forum and this one. Celebrity Salon? Summat like that.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late last year Bianca Gascoigne was with Imogen Thomas on Channel 4's Coach Trip, so not yet vanished completely.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    Was thinking about the celebrities who we used to hear about and have just vanished from the press.
    Jack Tweed? Danielle Llyod to name a few? Who else has just vanished?

Danielle Lloyd is in the DM every week without fail. Jack Tweed has been dropped probably.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shoot wrote: »
    Richard Blackwood must surely be the most obvious recent example? He was a huge star in the early 2000's. Didn't he have a hit single and his own sitcom about a ghost or something like that?

And I have absolutely no idea what he's doing now. Just vanished...

He was only ever Z list - but he was on BGT last week as Donkey for the Shrek performance with Amanda Holden (currently playing in the West End).
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Lisa Riley!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey Shaw. Went though some bad times but now a mum and bowing outof the limelight but aiming to return to work when the kids are older, apparently.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Riley!

She was interviewed last month, near enough begging for her old job back.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/241055-lisa-riley-would-love-to-return-to-emmerdale/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordon the gopher
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,768
    Forum Member
    Maisey Moo wrote: »
    Gordon the gopher

And Roland Rat :D:D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacqueline Pirie she was in Emmerdale & Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samantha Mumba
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the members of 5ive/Five/whatever they were known as. Most of the Backstreet Boys as well.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Jodie Marsh - used to be in all the tabloids slagging off Jordan and appearing on reality shows all the time. We'd hear about who she was sh*gging every other week, how intelligent she actually was and how much she was bullied at school. Now, at best we'd see her appear on a random talking-heads show with 27,000 more tattoos than the last time.

The male members of Hear'Say. Odd considering the girls have managed to sustain a healthy career in television over the years. I think Noel does minor theatre work whilst Shrek disappeared off the face of the earth.

Shania Twain was in the public eye a lot 10 years ago - then she moved to Switzerland to live a quiet life. She recently appeared on Ellen Degeneres' show though, talking about her autobiography - which, judging by the interview, would make a brilliant read. A life full of heartache and tragedy.
  • liglooligloo Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Leslie ( we all know why lol),But do any of u remember Richie Edwards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Chris Langham - one of Britain's finest comedy performers.

Whatever happened to him??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Samantha Mumba

Last seen on Dancing On Ice a couple of years ago and came across as so unlikeable and lazy she was voted off very quickly.

I remember being really disappointed with her bad attitude (she obviously thought she could put in the minimum amount of effort and that she'd sail through anyway because her shit didn't stink) because I'd been a fan of her music back in the day.

She was colder than the ice she skated on.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last seen on Dancing On Ice a couple of years ago and came across as so unlikeable and lazy she was voted off very quickly.

I remember being really disappointed with her bad attitude (she obviously thought she could put in the minimum amount of effort and that she'd sail through anyway because her shit didn't stink) because I'd been a fan of her music back in the day.

She was colder than the ice she skated on.

She was on a programme a few years back where Harvey Goldsmith tried to help her relaunch her career. She came across as a complete nightmare with a massive sense of entitlement. This major player in the industry was trying to help her and she strolled into meeting hours late, missed recording sessions to go shopping and generally acted like she was the one doing him a favour.

Seems like it's her attitude that killed her career
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Michelle McManus. Lost weight, put it back on and (ironically) vanished into thin air
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shoot wrote: »
    Richard Blackwood must surely be the most obvious recent example? He was a huge star in the early 2000's. Didn't he have a hit single and his own sitcom about a ghost or something like that?

And I have absolutely no idea what he's doing now. Just vanished...

He was on Britain's Got Talent performing with the cast of Shrek: The Musical
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liss88 wrote: »
    Michelle McManus. Lost weight, put it back on and (ironically) vanished into thin air

She only won Pop Idol because people gave her the sympathy vote after Pete Waterman's rant that she'd never be a popstar because of her weight. There was probably a bit of Scottish bloc voting in there too.

She was dire. Her voice was so nasal from what I remember.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Liss88 wrote: »

Pretty sure she co-presents The Hour, a daily "entertainment" show on STV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Oldoldboy wrote: »
    Chris Langham - one of Britain's finest comedy performers.

Whatever happened to him??

sorry slow this morning was that meant to be ironic?
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the members of 5ive/Five/whatever they were known as. Most of the Backstreet Boys as well.

The Backstreet Boys have teamed up with New Kids On The Block and are currently touring the US and Canada.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ligloo wrote: »
    John Leslie ( we all know why lol),But do any of u remember Richie Edwards?

richey edwards who literally disappeared off the face of the earth? that IS a mystery. it seems so much like suicide but then didn't he withdraw the maximum amount of cash every day leading up to when he disappeared?:confused:
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Pretty sure she co-presents The Hour, a daily "entertainment" show on STV.

And if you've ever seen it, you'll wish she would vanish.