Was anybody else confused by last episode of One Foot In The Grave?

2»

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the ending is meant to be ambiguous. What happened to Glynis? Did she die? Some fans think Margaret might have killed her by spiking her orange juice with paracetamol, but nobody really knows the truth. I think One Foot is a great sitcom and a classic but it's more complex than some as it has dark and more serious moments as well as the funny bits. Another thing I don't quite understand is the end of Love and Death, when the Meldrews were staying in that boarding house with April and Vince. Why did Victor dump the breakfast tray over April and why did Margaret push Vince into the water? :confused:

Misunderstanding. April was flirting with Victor and Victor got the wrong end of the stick, setting fire to her wig! Same with Margaret.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think victor was generally correct about all the things he ranted about.
    One of my favourite bits was when they brought a suitcase on holiday mistakenly filled with copies of the beezer and old credit card statements

He always reminds me of my old Dad mum & I used to reckon David Renwick must have known him :D
    The first time we saw the Beast In The Cage we were crying with laughter , dad wasn't impressed
    I think & hope Margaret bumped Glynis off
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPOILER ALERT ... SPOILER ALERT ...

he never actually died. they're reviving the show in 2016, under the slightly tweaked name 'one foot out of the grave'

:cool:

come on, i am a comic GENIUS!!!
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Misunderstanding. April was flirting with Victor and Victor got the wrong end of the stick, setting fire to her wig! Same with Margaret.

It was more than that If I remember Margaret was felling fustrated in another way. So after another misunderstanding Victor stormed off supposedly going home. However he got drunk instead. The police brought him back to the guest house and April had already put Margaret in her room. Victor was put into bed with Margaret but when he woke up he realised where he was but Margaret had her back to him.

He rushed out of the room and when Margaret woke up she saw Vince putting on his fishing trousers. Which he had left in the room, so she got the wrong idea on who was in bed with her the night before as well.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    It was more than that If I remember Margaret was felling fustrated in another way. So after another misunderstanding Victor stormed off supposedly going home. However he got drunk instead. The police brought him back to the guest house and April had already put Margaret in her room. Victor was put into bed with Margaret but when he woke up he realised where he was but Margaret had her back to him.

He rushed out of the room and when Margaret woke up she saw Vince putting on his fishing trousers. Which he had left in the room, so she got the wrong idea on who was in bed with her the night before as well.

Margaret was having one of her jealous petulant episodes (she used to get them quite often!). She though Victor was salivating over the two foreign girls Petra? and ???? and she was feeling old and unsexual I think. This all tied in to what happened to Vince and April.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I know.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be my favourite comedy series ever, yes, even more than Fawlty Towers, and that's saying something.
    It's when you look back on it and watch the re runs, that you realise just how clever it was, and still is.