Party Chat

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
I was wondering if or when the PS3 would have party chat like the XBOX 360 has. I recently sold my XBOX 360 and bought a PS3 but have found that you cannot chat to a friend if you are playing different games and that you must leave the game first to get into a room to chat. I was hoping to be able to chat to friends while we were playing different games.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either it isnt high up on Sony's priority list or else they simply cannot do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe you should have done some research before switching consoles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    maybe you should have done some research before switching consoles.

^^^^^ +1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^^ +1

Sorry man, I have no idea what that means!:confused:
  • WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    it means he basically agrees with the person above!

I dont think it will be coming to the playstation at any time but will definately be on the next-gen PlayStation.

TBH, surely you should have researched the ps3 before going out and buying one.

It isnt the end of the world, it will just seem weird at first
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    True, i should have but it would not have stopped me switching consoles. Only moved due to more of my friends being on the PS3 and got annoyed at missing out on more multiplayer gaming with people i actually know. Only if there was a console that incorporated the best of both! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i switched from 360 for the same reason, most of my friends are on psn. Cross game chat would be nice, i would probably use my headset more, it's gathering dust zt the moment.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there some sort of party chat in home. I never use it so can't confirm. So on the plus side you can chat to all you friends when in home. On the negative side you will be in home:)
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a feature I've seen a lot of PS users in this forum say they don't want and have no need for it. Saying it's crazy to try and talk to your friends while playing different games. I for one would welcome it as it's something I use on my 360 a lot when catching up with some friends who I've not spoken to for a while.

I don't think it will come out for the PS3 to be honest. I suspect it's probably to do with the fact that it might not work with older games as the code isn't in place to begin with. I'm sure there are some PSN features older games can't do which newer ones can because of this very reason, can anyone confirm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Sorry man, I have no idea what that means!:confused:

Means I agree with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahhhhhhh, ok.
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IF party chat ever does come to PS3 don't be surprised if its a PSN+ feature only.