Who's in the next series?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be Marilu Henner I wonder, she was the red head from the comedy show Taxi. She's 55 now, an interesting choice for the Jane Seymour role.

It could be, yes, I just copy-pasted so that does seem likely.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »
    No to Patrick Swayze, although as a male I'm probably going to outvoted on this one:rolleyes:

Not by me! He looked positively creeepy on the ITT sofa last season after all the plastic surgery! :eek:
    Not to mention he's a trained dancer anyway, he went into acting, after being a full-time dancer.

Just had another thought on the Tennis Player front, and as she lives in LA is already a local, how about Serena Williams?
    She's expressed a desire to get into films, this could be an avenue for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember that Marilu Henner dated John Travolta at the time of Sat Night Fever.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    One US star I know, What about pool player Earl Strictland or what about former US Millionarie host Regis Philbin
  • seanviceseanvice Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant believe Jenna Fisher got snubbed by DWTS, Are they stupid??
  • rhythmbanditrhythmbandit Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see the following in the next series:

Kelly Brook - Model and "actress"
    Alfonso Riberio - Carlton in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    Kevin Richardson - Former Backstreet Boy
    Sarah Rue - The fat one now thin one from Popular
    Brian Boitano
    Cat Deeley
    Chris Kirkpatrick
    Elizabeth Berkley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I've only seen two series of DWTS, but was had stood out is the quality of some of the celebs in terms of being big name/box office/interesting story.

Mel B
    Marie Osmond
    Floyd Mayweather
    Heather Mills

After last seasons dramas as well, with the fainting and paternal tragedies, I wouldn't be surprised if DWTS went for a really big name to improve ratings and publicity even further. Don't know who that might be, but would David Beckham be a possibility. The dream move to the US became a little tarnished, perhaps he'd see this as a way of restoring his appeal, particularly with middle America which I suspect makes up a sizeable portion of the DWTS audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two series has been filled with celebrities promoting something - fights, make-up, dolls, music. I think this is the main aim for celebrities taking part.
    If Marilu Henner was to take part no doubt she would be amazing, with her dance experience and she also hosts America's Ballroom Challenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last two series has been filled with celebrities promoting something - fights, make-up, dolls, music. I think this is the main aim for celebrities taking part.
    If Marilu Henner was to take part no doubt she would be amazing, with her dance experience and she also hosts America's Ballroom Challenge.

Master P was the WORST (season 2) for promotion. Every word out of his mouth was promoting something. He even refused to wear proper dance shoes (his dance partner Ashly DelGrosso bought him some but he refused them) so he could wear his own brand shoes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In series 2 I don't recall anyone else doing that.
    I recall Billy Ray doing it so much, also Josie Maran and Marie Osmond getting in a few plugs. Even Tom jokes about it now.
    With Floyd Mayweather no matter how good he danced, he wasn't going to be dancing in the final if he was still in. But he did get more recognition and publicity before his fight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biilly Ray, Floyd and Marie's promotion got on my nerves in the last 2 series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron Carter and Nia Peeples were actually the alternates last year, I've just found out, though obviously they never had to go on (like John Ratzenberger when the guy from Sopranos dropped out). Maybe they'll get a second chance.

Also, bizarrely, apparently Sharon and Kelly Osbourne were supposedly meant to do season 4, as was Fergie, ex-Duchess of York, but they dropped out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God! So they asked Heather Mills instead?

She was on the radio the other day saying she did it cos she "needed the money". :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Aaron Carter and Nia Peeples were actually the alternates last year, I've just found out, though obviously they never had to go on (like John Ratzenberger when the guy from Sopranos dropped out). Maybe they'll get a second chance.

Also, bizarrely, apparently Sharon and Kelly Osbourne were supposedly meant to do season 4, as was Fergie, ex-Duchess of York, but they dropped out!

I was thinking about Fergie. I like that as an option, I have to confess I've always quite liked her:o.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member

Hopefully the BBC will look at this option for next year.....If any of our celebs have to drop out in the early stages the alternates can could replace them.....Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the BBC will look at this option for next year.....If any of our celebs have to drop out in the early stages the alternates can could replace them.....Just a thought.

Yeah, I hope so...think it's only for before the live shows start though (like when Sopranos guy dropped out because he couldn't cope with all the training), not a Tarby-esque situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think it's only for before the live shows start though (like when Sopranos guy dropped out because he couldn't cope with all the training),

Ah! So the tough guy was not so tough! :p
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The board "Television Without Pity" has a poster claiming to have insider information that the brother-sister dancing pros Julianne and Derek Hough will get a married couple. Here's the post:

"Rumors have it; Maks, Elena, Tony will be back. Maks partner hasn’t signed yet. Julianne and Derek will be dancing with a couple. No word on Edyta. I got the info from east coast. ;)"

Some couples people have guessed are Posh & David Beckham; Antonio Banderas & Melanie Griffith; Andre Agassi & Steffi Graf; Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick; Ekaterina Gordeeva & Ilia Kulik; Jonathan Frakes & Genie Francis; Donald Trump & wife; Seal & Heidi Klum; Robert Wagner & Jill St. John (what are they - in their 80's?) and others...

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3163474&st=0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh! So Stephanie Powers isn't with Robert Wagner anymore?

Sounds interesting though....like the sound of all of them except the Trumps.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Gosh! So Stephanie Powers isn't with Robert Wagner anymore?

Sounds interesting though....like the sound of all of them except the Trumps.

Was Robert Wagner involved romantically with Stefanie Powers? I thought they just did a television series (Hart to Hart) together? - but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure she was involved in a long term relationship with William Holden but his alcoholism was a bit of a problem and they never wed. They went to Africa all the time on safaris or what-not and tried to save the African wilderness or some such noble endeavour.

Wagner was married twice to Natalie Wood - spent a few years mourning her tragic death by drowning while they were together one night with Christopher Walken on their yacht - and in 1990 he married Jill St. John (who's 67 according to imdb - and Robert is 77 - so I doubt very seriously that DWTS would put those seniors with their bright bubbly baby stars, the Houghs, but who knows. It might be a hoot :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the info Elsa. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marla Maples
    Priscilla Presley
    Marlee Matlin
    Florence Henderson from The Brady Bunch who is 74. Just googling pictures and she looks good for 74, ven if it isn't all natural. I've read she might be paired with Derek which I am not happy about :mad:
    Chyna - wrestler
    Brooke Hogan - Hulk's daughter

Haven't seen any rumours on male celebs, surprisingly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea Handler has said she was asked but declined. (She's a comedian, fyi.)

I would LOVE Marlee Matlin to do the show. She's amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Returning Pros...

Males:
    JONATHAN
    TONY
    FABIAN
    LOUIS
    DEREK
    MARK

Females:
    ANNA
    EDYTA
    KARINA
    JULIANNE
    CHERYL
    KYM (injured, may be replaced)

We can confirm all of this on the 18th when they announce the cast on the Finale of Dance Wars (but I heard it through the grapevine).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm surprised (or disappointed) Maks isn't back this series. He's been a losing finalist twice and has had quite a few good partners. I was sure his next partner would have been one without much potential. I am surprised at Alec , I wonder if it was his decision or the bosses.
    Who is Fabian..:confused: nice name though LOL :D