Kitten found last night, what shall i do??

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so so upset. Have phoned the vet but can only get an appointment 1st thing in the morning so i will go then. Taken Friday, Monday and Tuesday off as holiday so at least i will be at home.

Little one is sleeping now, he/she is seriously tiny, have put the little one in with alfie now and they are laying in the corner together. New one actually makes alfie look quite big!! i just pray to god they will both be ok. x

It's all you can do really hun.... just keep them warm, with water and a little food as an option? Hopefully they will just snuggle down together and keep each other company! Then tomorrow you can see what the vet says.... You are doing the right thing though and I have my fingers crossed for both of them!!
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is sickening. Are there any emergency vets in your area?
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread has nearly brought me to tears. You sound like a very kind, caring person lottie_loub. It sickens me that people can abandon defenceless animals in this way :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    Reading this thread has nearly brought me to tears. You sound like a very kind, caring person lottie_loub. It sickens me that people can abandon defenceless animals in this way :mad:

Me too, I have been following this thread for the last few days. :cry:

How anyone can dump 4 kittens in a taped up cardboard box is beyond me, I am disgusted!!:(

I really feel for you Lottie finding the others like that, especially as 2 of them had lost their battle against hunger and the cold weather.

I have everything crossed that Alfie and his sibling will be ok.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Sorry Lottie i posted my post and then seen your other one about finding the box, that is absolutely disgusting, it must have been so terrible to find them like that some people are just so cruel they make me sick!

Do not feel guilty though it is NOT your fault, all you can do is get the other little one checked over and keep he/she with alfie in the box!

You sound like such a kind caring and lovely person and have everything crossed for alife and his brother/sister, could you not get an appt at an emergency vets somewhere there could be a vet with a kind heart who will maybe stay later tonight to see him/her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Thank you for all the kind messages. Means alot.

Im trying every vet in the area at the mo, dont care how much i have to pay!! its pay day today!!

i just cant get the thought out of my head of how cold it was last night and how cold those little kittens must have been its so sad and it makes me so angry!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lottie - how awful. BUT you have saved Alfie and thanks to you the other little one might live. You are a wonderful person and have NOTHING to reproach yourself for. How can anyone do anything SO wicked. Back later. Please keep us updated. Off to have a cry and cuddle my two babies.
  • summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How disgusting some people are.... Those poor little mites...

Alfie is clealy a very special cat who's lucky he found you.. he had the courage to break-out and go for help, and he's found help for his small sibling. Comfort yourself with the knowledge that whatever happens they're both warm and comfortable now and thats because of you..

I don't think I'd have had the cop-on to go looking for others if a stray turned up on my doorstep..

I too am heading home to cuddle my girls... I'll be thinking of alfie & his sibling ... hope all goes well..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    oh my god lottie, that is just so sad. I can well understand your grief. How horrible some people are. Makes me so angry. I am so sad that 2 have already gone. Bless the other one. I am praying that they will be fine.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Beyond disgust that two little kitties have - well - you know.

It's sickening and fills me with cold dread.

Just imagine being a tiny puddy, left in a box with no way to fend for yourself in this weather.

It's the worst of nightmares.

AT LEAST you have saved two kitties from the cold, wet and uncaring world.

And that's something :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiz Net wrote: »
    Oh Lottie - how awful. BUT you have saved Alfie and thanks to you the other little one might live. You are a wonderful person and have NOTHING to reproach yourself for. How can anyone do anything SO wicked. Back later. Please keep us updated. Off to have a cry and cuddle my two babies.
    How disgusting some people are.... Those poor little mites...

Alfie is clealy a very special cat who's lucky he found you.. he had the courage to break-out and go for help, and he's found help for his small sibling. Comfort yourself with the knowledge that whatever happens they're both warm and comfortable now and thats because of you..

I don't think I'd have had the cop-on to go looking for others if a stray turned up on my doorstep..

I too am heading home to cuddle my girls... I'll be thinking of alfie & his sibling ... hope all goes well..

Ditto - my little one is currently 'helping' her Daddy paint our flat and being very naughty by all accounts but she'll be getting scopped up for the biggest 'Mummy hug' when I get in!!!

You have done a very good thing here and I am sure Alfie and the new bubba will be thankful ;)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    My last reply just wasn't enough.

I really pray there's karma and that it comes back to bite the foolish and selfish person who did this hideous act and allowed two defenseless kittens to perish in the cold.
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The depths to which the human race can sink utterly sickens me. How anybody could do that to defenceless little kittens I just cannot fathom.

Lottie, you sound like such a kind, caring person, you have already done so much so these poor animals, you could not have done any more. I hope Alfie and his sibling will fine.
  • louiselplouiselp Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Lottie

{{hug}}

It's hard to type this.... you definitely did the right thing -
    and now you can officially get attached to Alfie and his sibling knowing that they are definitely yours. The cruel person that abandoned them was a coward - but luckily Alfie found you and you found his little family.

Please be proud that you took them in - it is heartbreaking you could not save them all - but you saved 2 of them! - that is the really thick shiny silver lining in this sad case.

Give Alfie a big hug from us all! - and hopefully his little brother/sister will recover too! - keep us posted and how's Megs coping?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. I thought little Alfie had been dumped when I first read your thread. I didn`t say anything as everyone seemed to know he had just got away from his Mum. I feel terrible I didn`t post my thoughts straight away.
    Hugs to you and those little kittens.
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    My last reply just wasn't enough.

I really pray there's karma and that it comes back to bite the foolish and selfish person who did this hideous act and allowed two defenseless kittens to perish in the cold.

I agree with Karis, my last reply wasn't enough either.

I just wanted to say again Lottie what a truly wonderful thing you have done for Alfie and his sibling, you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about over the other 2 poor little souls, by finding Alfie, he has led you to find his brother or sister, and I truly am very proud of what you have done, as are we all on this lovely pet forum.

This is the best forum that I have ever been on.

Three cheers for Lottie

hip hip horray,
    hip hip horray,
    hip hip horray!

:p
    Forum Member
    Lottie

have you got a hot water bottle? with a fluffy cover? that may help with the tiny one, keep the tiny one as warm and as dry as possible and keep offering fluids - Alfie will also help keeping him warm too - lots of love and warmth and affection will help pull him through
    Forum Member
    These replies have had me in tears.

Thank you so so much for all the love and support! means so much to me.

I have tried the little one with a bottle i picked up yesterday with some kitten milk in, and he did take some which is good. little one on my lap at the moment and meg seems to have taken well to them both as she is sat next to me puring away with alfie next to her!!

can you help me think of a unisex name for the little one, feel bad for him not having a name at the mo :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have tried the little one with a bottle i picked up yesterday with some kitten milk in, and he did take some which is good. little one on my lap at the moment and meg seems to have taken well to them both as she is sat next to me puring away with alfie next to her!!

can you help me think of a unisex name for the little one, feel bad for him not having a name at the mo :(

How about Lexi, or Sam?

How is the kitten taking the milk Lottie? I was thinking you could ask the vet for a syringe,or they may even have a proper kitten/pup bottle there.I have also heard that bio yoghurt is good for very young animals stomachs, but ask your vet first.
    Forum Member
    fluffy?

does he/she have any characteristics? Spot/stripe/colour?
    Forum Member
    How about Billie if turns out to be a girl, or billy if little one turns out to be a boy!
    Forum Member
    Alfie and Andy (change to Andi she's a little girl??)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think for the time being little one should be known as "Lucky" as he/she is indeed lucky lottie - lucky you came along!!

I will check on here first thing tomorrow to see how your little one's are doing ;)
    Forum Member
    MsWalker wrote: »
    How about Lexi, or Sam?

How is the kitten taking the milk Lottie? I was thinking you could ask the vet for a syringe,or they may even have a proper kitten/pup bottle there.I have also heard that bio yoghurt is good for very young animals stomachs, but ask your vet first.

Sam i like, Alfie and Sam sounds cute!!

my milk is kind of dripping into his mouth at the min, very slow process but its somethin for now, dont want to push sam to much :)
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Billy would be good - Alfie and Billy sounds lovely!

Hope they are both doing well!

Where do you live Lottie? Just if you post your town someone may know of a vet you could go to...

EDIT - Just saw your post Alfie and Sam sounds just as good!!
This discussion has been closed.