General Humax questions

cybrookcybrook Posts: 1,706
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1.....Is there a website that lists out all the new instructions for the new 9002T firmware. Im sure Im not using all the new features because I dont know they are there to use.

i.e......Ive noticed the different colours within the program listings..Ive read about the darker blue denoting 'series'..
I have no idea what the purple colour listing means.

3......Freestat box...I have an old existing sky dish that has not been in use for over a year now (since the wonderful Hummy surpassed it).... I believe I can utilise this. I think I have to purchase some new leads for it?
What is a fair approx. price for these leads and the fitting of same. I dont want to be ripped off.

Any help appreciated.:D.....Cybrook.

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    cybrook wrote: »
    1.....Is there a website that lists out all the new instructions for the new 9002T firmware. Im sure Im not using all the new features because I dont know they are there to use.

i.e......Ive noticed the different colours within the program listings..Ive read about the darker blue denoting 'series'..
    I have no idea what the purple colour listing means.

3......Freestat box...I have an old existing sky dish that has not been in use for over a year now (since the wonderful Hummy surpassed it).... I believe I can utilise this. I think I have to purchase some new leads for it?
    What is a fair approx. price for these leads and the fitting of same. I dont want to be ripped off.

Any help appreciated.:D.....Cybrook.
    Visit Humax Digital (and register) to download the Manual updates/addendum.
    The purple denotes split events which are not also series (those are still coloured dark blue - series), and are typically films with news breaks. Since Five have just started sending Freeview Playback data, you'll see lots of those on their EPG.

Freesat;- If the previous (Sky digital) receiver was just disconnected, and the co-ax left in place, a Freesat receiver can simply be connected in it's place.
    If the coax to the LNB has been removed, it just needs replacing, two "F-connectors" (max £1/pair), and satellite grade (double-screened) coax at <60p/metre, suitable weatherproofing for the LNB connection (rubber boot).
    If the dish was used for Sky analogue, it will need to be re-aligned from 19.2E to 28E (anti-clockwise 9 degrees and down slightly) and the LNB too may need replacing with a "universal" to receive all frequencies in conjunction with a modern digital receiver.
  • cybrookcybrook Posts: 1,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    Visit Humax Digital (and register) to download the Manual updates/addendum.
    The purple denotes split events which are not also series (those are still coloured dark blue - series), and are typically films with news breaks. Since Five have just started sending Freeview Playback data, you'll see lots of those on their EPG.

Freesat;- If the previous (Sky digital) receiver was just disconnected, and the co-ax left in place, a Freesat receiver can simply be connected in it's place.
    If the coax to the LNB has been removed, it just needs replacing, two "F-connectors" (max £1/pair), and satellite grade (double-screened) coax at <60p/metre, suitable weatherproofing for the LNB connection (rubber boot).
    If the dish was used for Sky analogue, it will need to be re-aligned from 19.2E to 28E (anti-clockwise 9 degrees and down slightly) and the LNB too may need replacing with a "universal" to receive all frequencies in conjunction with a modern digital receiver.

Thank you so much ...Ive now downloaded from your link.
    I will enjoy going through the attributes of the new download.

As for the info about the coax etc...it sounds very cheap but I bet I get charged masses for a person to come out and do it for me. Its all far too 'scarey high' out there and up there for me to be perched on a ladder pondering..:D

Valuable info from you...many thanks.