Doctor Who at The Proms 2013

2»

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just read i put pricing twice there in my post when i actually meant....

"Interestingly the pricing seems to be (very) different even though the programme is the same!"

*face palm* it's been a longggg day! :o
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    IIRC it's on The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe vanilla dvd.

Oh no, it bl**dy would be. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, it bl**dy would be. :(

lol, i thought you might say that :p
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can people find fault in this? Doctor Who has some of the best music out there! Murray's compositions are better than what you'd hear in a lot of movies!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any set list yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get 2 tickets for the saturday showing, but it wasn't easy! Took me 12 minutes to even get in to the virtual queue! And then around an hours wait there after.

I suspect the sunday proms has sold out, as i had submitted plans for both saturday and sunday to increase me odds, and sunday tickets didn't show up as available. Quite possibly saturday will be sold out any time now if not already.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I suspect the sunday proms has sold out, as i had submitted plans for both saturday and sunday to increase me odds, and sunday tickets didn't show up as available. Quite possibly saturday will be sold out any time now if not already.....

Confirmed now: both dates have sold out.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get 3 tickets :D Joined the queue at about 9.05am at 760 and managed to buy them around 9.30am. So stressful but worth every second!
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, both Doctor Who proms sold out quickly (though I don't think the non-Who proms have...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, both Doctor Who proms sold out quickly (though I don't think the non-Who proms have...

yes, i think there is an argument that they should have sold the doctor who dates on a different date to try to minimise the bottleneck that formed of people just trying to get in the queue.

the problem is, people that were trying and failing to get in the queue at 9am ended up having no advantage over those that were trying 30 minutes, an hour, or even more, later.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    Managed to get 3 tickets :D Joined the queue at about 9.05am at 760 and managed to buy them around 9.30am. So stressful but worth every second!

You're lucky. I tried for half an hour to get on and was 5580th in the queue! They sold out when I was about 250th. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    You're lucky. I tried for half an hour to get on and was 5580th in the queue! They sold out when I was about 250th. :(

wow, thats really bad luck :(

eta: worth remembering they will issue some Proms tickets on the day, though you would need to be committed to queueing REALLY early or even overnight.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »

How frustrating, I think I was really lucky. I was trying from about 8.55 and I was surprised when I wasn't let onto the queue straight away at 9am considering I'd been refreshing like crazy. In fact I nearly missed the fact that I was in the queue because I'd got into the habit!
    There might have been some benefit to getting on the website early but I'm amazed by the number of people on twitter who say they never reached the queue and were trying from 9am.

Don't give up though, I bought my tickets for the 2010 prom only a few weeks before, I happened to be on the website and there were tickets available really near the front. I think they must have been returns. I'd say there were at least 10 tickets available then which all sold out that day but then just to be nosey I looked the next day and there were another 6 or so that weren't there yesterday. It's a pain but if you keep checking there will definitely be returns at some point. Good luck :)
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    How frustrating, I think I was really lucky. I was trying from about 8.55 and I was surprised when I wasn't let onto the queue straight away at 9am considering I'd been refreshing like crazy. In fact I nearly missed the fact that I was in the queue because I'd got into the habit!
    There might have been some benefit to getting on the website early but I'm amazed by the number of people on twitter who say they never reached the queue and were trying from 9am.

Don't give up though, I bought my tickets for the 2010 prom only a few weeks before, I happened to be on the website and there were tickets available really near the front. I think they must have been returns. I'd say there were at least 10 tickets available then which all sold out that day but then just to be nosey I looked the next day and there were another 6 or so that weren't there yesterday. It's a pain but if you keep checking there will definitely be returns at some point. Good luck :)

Thanks, I'll definitely try that. Can't be so unlucky twice, can I? :)