Forum Member
    bart4858 wrote: »
    Was it mentioned on-air?
    Sadly, no. :D
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    biggeral wrote: »
    The Boxing Day strike is being called by ASLEF, nothing to do with Bob Crow who is with RMT.

I think the drivers get a very good deal and when you think that my partner will be working on Christmas Day and will not even get time and a half. In my previous job, I worked New Year Day for nothing, not even a day off in lieu as I was a management grade, yet my staff got treble time and were trying to negotiate for more.

In neither mine or my wife's cases would strike action be possible as if either of us joined it would make no difference because you need 50% of the workers to be in a trade union to have the right to strike anyway.
    I'm sure you are correct, but that said, i'd bet Dollars to Do-Nuts he's had a finger in this particular pie somewhere along the line. :cool:
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,059
    Forum Member
    TomGrant wrote: »
    I bet he's still sat in his mansion on £84,000 a year rubbing his fat little hands together with glee.

Bob Crowe in fact earns over £100k a year and lives in a housing association house, subsidised by the taxpayer. He is immoral.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,059
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Remembering they do come out with soot over there faces and under ground a lot of the time. They also don't have contact with passengers, but do drive a train with 1000's of people on broad day and day out. It is a big responability - although bus drivers get spate at, and have contact with the public and don't get that amount

The argument that they get paid well as their job isn't much fun isn't a valid one. Lots of minimum wage jobs are also not much fun.
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    We do get a decent wage but the greedy union knobs are always stirring up the membership, luckily i'm away from work on hols so i'm not striking.

Crow is a cancerous danger to mankind.:mad:

Crow seems to think it's still 1973. He is a strange yet dangerous man. I wish the workers would get a clue though and realise how much they've turned the public against them with their strikes, constant threats of action, and further throwing their toys out of the pram even after they've been given yet more money each time.

Nurses, police, firefights and teachers aren't demanding more than £50k a year so why do tube drivers think they are so special?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Bob Crowe in fact earns over £100k a year and lives in a housing association house, subsidised by the taxpayer. He is immoral.

:mad:

He sounds like one of the greediest and generally most disgusting people ever. What an absolute pig.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:

He sounds like one of the greediest and generally most disgusting people ever. What an absolute pig.

He is one thing that genuinely makes my blood boil when I think about it for too long. Horrible pikey ****.
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

is that so he appears to be one of the people even though there is a long waiting list for housing?

i cant believe he is still renting lol
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crow seems to think it's still 1973. He is a strange yet dangerous man. I wish the workers would get a clue though and realise how much they've turned the public against them with their strikes, constant threats of action, and further throwing their toys out of the pram even after they've been given yet more money each time.

Nurses, police, firefights and teachers aren't demanding more than £50k a year so why do tube drivers think they are so special?

they have to push the stop and go buttons and hope they dont get lost ..... on the tracks

time for driverless trains, it would be a lot cheaper
  • Options
    LincsDan32LincsDan32 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The RMT aren't just frightening people with threats of strikes...

According to the latest issue of Rail magazine, they are extending their national education centre as part of 'a programme designed to educate and tool up hundreds of militant reps every year to take on the industrial and political battles ahead', according to general secretary Bob Crow.

Until people move away from these entrenched 'us and them' attitudes, the railways will always be up sh1t creek and end up going the same way as most other British industries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    time for driverless trains

Didn't think I'd ever really agree with this but must admit I'm starting to warm towards the idea. Anything that gives selfish and greedy buffoons like these strikers a dose of reality.