Harry Styles and Taylor Swift split ?

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like the showbiz blind that about the 'romance' being set up purely for show and wouldn't last long into the New Year was true after all.

I'm surprised Gomez and Bieber 'lasted' as long as they did! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he even started shaving yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock HORROR! lol...

I guess its not a love story.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good lord .How stupid do they think people are? Break up on the day there new video comes out ? Do me a favour .

It's insulting in the extreme but their target audience won't know any better than to take this stuff at face value. There are no lows to which PR won't stoop. :mad:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's insulting in the extreme but their target audience won't know any better than to take this stuff at face value. There are no lows to which PR won't stoop. :mad:

But it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that two rich successful single young people meet thro work and hook up but of course distance and personality is going to be a huge minus plus they both probably have big egos which goes with their territory. I love a good blind or conspiracy but sometimes the truth can be more real. I mean do this band and Taylor need any more PR?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    I guess relationships of convenience are as old as human history but they've never been as phony and cynical as they are today...although thinking about what people were like back in time, they probably have been! :D
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Has he even started shaving yet?

Maybe not but Selena certainly has 😉
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    He changes is girlfriends as often as his underpants! :)

Suggestion: his PR team changes his girlfriends more often than he changes his undies.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't need blind items to tell me this relationship was a PR stunt. I have eyes and a brain. Stop insulting our intelligence. Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and Simon Cowell just give it a rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    But it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that two rich successful single young people meet thro work and hook up but of course distance and personality is going to be a huge minus plus they both probably have big egos which goes with their territory. I love a good blind or conspiracy but sometimes the truth can be more real. I mean do this band and Taylor need any more PR?

Of course it isn't...however, I'm surprised even such a hardcore fan like yourself is so keen to defend this. You must know the lengths PR will stoop to? I know you think butter wouldn't melt when it comes to 1D but they are hardly above cheap PR stunts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I guess relationships of convenience are as old as human history but they've never been as phony and cynical as they are today...although thinking about what people were like back in time, they probably have been! :D

Obviously showbiz has always been full of scandals, fake relationships and bearding. I'm in no way suggesting there is such a thing as "the good old days" there...but there is just something so damn tacky about how PR is presented today don't you think?
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I definitely think it's a PR stunt. Two famous rich people can genuinely be together but this had fake written all over it.
    As for them needing it...Taylor is massive in the US. Bigger than One Direction, so Harry dating her would give the band even more US attention (yes I know they're doing very well but the more attention the better as far as they're concerned). And since One Direction are pretty well known in the UK it's helped Taylor Swift become more well known. I've seen her on the front page of newspapers 4 times alone this month, she's never had so much UK press in her whole career until now!
  • Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Is Taylor Swift's dad going to murder him now?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been this shocked and upset since Katie Price split with Leandro Penna.

There's something very, very 'off' about Taylor Swift IMHO - she's very odd.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Both beards removed then?
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Harry can find a nice "girl" to settle down with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I like Taylor but the only relationships that I don't think were PR stunts are Joe Jonas and John Mayer as there were several songs written about them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    Hopefully Harry can find a nice "girl" to settle down with.

Settle down with?! He's only 18 :eek:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Suggestion: his PR team changes his girlfriends more often than he changes his undies.

You could be right:D

I'm surprised that this showmance lasted as long as it did!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it isn't...however, I'm surprised even such a hardcore fan like yourself is so keen to defend this. You must know the lengths PR will stoop to? I know you think butter wouldn't melt when it comes to 1D but they are hardly above cheap PR stunts.

LOL I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan..too old for all that nonsense but I still stick with my viewpoint that it isn't a PR stunt. Of course I could be wrong and only time will tell. I mean who would want to beard for Harry knowing all the hate they will get. That's just crazy
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    But that blind came out AFTER the event.....

What event? Blind was out in December - split announced yesterday or am I missing something? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What event? Blind was out in December - split announced yesterday or am I missing something? :confused:

Sorry I didn't explain myself the same website had a blind about Niall and Demi on a contract which never happened then along comes Haylor so it was almost like they just switched boyband member with another american singer :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been this shocked and upset since Katie Price split with Leandro Penna.

There's something very, very 'off' about Taylor Swift IMHO - she's very odd.

I like her. I remember her being on Children in Need and making a big donation.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do women find this "thing" attractive? He looks like a frog that no princess could kiss and make him a prince!
  • HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give it 3 years before Harry comes out as gay.