Jon Venables ID'd....apparently

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soupbowl wrote: »
    Here's your groovy mantra; pinched from an article about Roy Keanes "enthusiastic" punditry style;

1) a view entirely antithetical to the prevailing tide of opinion
    2) a faint whiff of hypocrisy,
    3) a vague antipathy towards a nebulous countervailing force (in this case, human emotion)
    4) a determination to close down all dissenting opinions
    5) the occasional detour into the surreal and/or utterly irrelevant

Seems rather fitting.

2 and 4 I'm a little uncomfortable with but I can subscribe to the rest. Semi-groovy it is then :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Here's your groovy mantra; pinched from an article about Roy Keanes "enthusiastic" punditry style;

1) a view entirely antithetical to the prevailing tide of opinion
    2) a faint whiff of hypocrisy,
    3) a vague antipathy towards a nebulous countervailing force (in this case, human emotion)
    4) a determination to close down all dissenting opinions
    5) the occasional detour into the surreal and/or utterly irrelevant

Seems rather fitting.

Excellent!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you think this thread and the whole ongoing saga with Venables can be explained with a simple metaphor?

It's like a plughole on a sink. Over the years people have just put so much shit down the sink, that it has become blocked, and it's got blocked so badly that even the strongest industrial strength cleaner is not going to shift the vast amounts of shit that have been shoved down the sink.

This is going to go on and on and on until Venables conks it, he's going to be forever there or thereabouts. His obituary will be for Jon Venables aka Bulger Killer aka all the other IDs he's had up to now aka all the ones he get's in the future. He'll get to write a posthumous autobiography talking about his life which can be pretty much summed up as 'I killed a 2 year old child, and loads of people kissed my ass'

In a hundred years from now, people will look at their kingdoms; they'll finally be there to sit on their thrones as the Princes of Bel-Air.
  • SoupbowlSoupbowl Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did.:D And I enjoyed doing it - do you have a problem with that?:confused:

I'm not the only one who's trying on here - there are a few:rolleyes:

No i don't penny. A little light relief is a good thing. I did laugh at the fact that your described your own rap as good though. Surely we are the arbiters of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No input from your revered leader anais today, i think her last contribution was "was he hung like a horse" whilst discussing with the prostitute who has sex with JV. And she had done so much work, for so long to masquerade as credible.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    No input from your revered leader anais today, i think her last contribution was "was he hung like a horse" whilst discussing with the prostitute who has sex with JV. And she had done so much work, for so long to masquerade as credible.

You do take this seriously, don't you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

It's fascinating, isn't it? In a weirdly tragic kind of way.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How this thread is still here i don't know. DS have locked threads for going off topic after 2 or 3 pages so how this is still surviving is a mystery ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How this thread is still here i don't know. DS have locked threads for going off topic after 2 or 3 pages so how this is still surviving is a mystery ..

I do sometimes wonder if the mods are still sleeping off a particularly awesome New Year.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I do sometimes wonder if the mods are still sleeping off a particularly awesome New Year.

Considering it's March, that must have been super awesome :)

Maybe we should start discussing the McCann case ? That'll almost certainly get it locked ..
  • BrambleRambleBrambleRamble Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    It's fascinating, isn't it? In a weirdly tragic kind of way.

His posts reek of desperation. He must think he's posting pithy bon mots worthy of the Algonquin Round Table. He's not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    No i don't penny. A little light relief is a good thing. I did laugh at the fact that your described your own rap as good though. Surely we are the arbiters of that.

You laugh?.

I find that hard to believe. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You laugh?.

I find that hard to believe. ;)

Your a cheeky b*gger when you want to be Captain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's part of the entrance exam for the Groovy Gang™.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    It's part of the entrance exam for the Groovy Gang™.

I still want to know what kind of initiation ritual you have to endure to become a member of said Gang!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still want to know what kind of initiation ritual you have to endure to become a member of said Gang!

Shitting in the sink is involved, as far as I can tell.
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you have to be hung like a horse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    I think you have to be hung like a horse.

That's me out then :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think there is a ritual, just ds punditry akin to keano. I seem to remember you have it off to a tee! Your in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your in[sic]? I thought we were just shitting in the sink. Have we got to piss in it too now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is someone jealous they didn't have the pleasure? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is a ritual, just ds punditry akin to keano. I seem to remember you have it off to a tee! Your in!

I genuinely have no idea what this means. Apart from the last two words. That's "wee-wee", right?
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    CJM91 wrote: »
    Is someone jealous they didn't have the pleasure? :D
    I wonder if that is the issue here and they never get pleasure..... ;)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely have no idea what this means. Apart from the last two words. That's "wee-wee", right?

I'm confused as well.

Although a bit amused reading the thread, I have to say.
This discussion has been closed.