• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That made me grimace

It gave me a mental image that I now need to shake :o
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How will some people cope if we have a drought ?
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    That made me grimace

As long as you wash the bum, arm pits and groinal areas with wet wipes between showers it's absolutely fine. Life's too short for the palaver of a shower every day! Plus I get dry skin like some of the others, especially on the face.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Twice a week. Any more and my skin would simply flake and fly away.

My dermatologist is adamantly against 'over-washing' and I agree with him. It's simply not necessary to bathe or shower every day unless you do heavy manual labour.

I totally agree.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    2-3 times a week.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum said in the 70's people only got the bath a few times a week, is this true?
    We moved into a new build council house in '74 when I was a toddler, and from then on, us kids always had a bath 3 nights a week - Sun, Tues & Fri. Every morning, we'd wash our face & hands at the bathroom sink (we never had flannels in our house), and every Sun night we'd get our weekly hair wash at the kitchen sink.

As for now, I shower daily, first thing in the morning. I very occasionally have to shower for a second time if I've got particularly sweaty during the day, as my skin is very sensitive and prone to fungal infections.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Never

I have a bath every other night, much prefer it
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Never

I have a bath every other night, much prefer it

How much is your annual water bill out of interest ? :)
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I shower daily, sometimes twice daily. I cant believe there are people who don't.
  • bleuh111bleuh111 Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, every 48 hours, mostly because my hair gets horribly greasy if I don't shower at least that often. If it weren't for that I could probably go as little as twice a week without stinking, because my job involves sitting down in front of a computer all day and I don't tend to sweat much.

This thread has been done a few times before though and be aware that you'll get the OCD-type answers along the lines of "Oh, I shower three times a day, I don't understand how anyone can shower less than that, it's so disgusting! I just can't bear the thought of those nasty bits of skin cells on my, you know, skin..." :o
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It boggles my mind that there are people here who simply "can't" understand why some people choose not to shower everyday, it's their choice, I mean, why would you shower everyday if you do no hard physical work, nor do you sweat, nor do you do anything exerting.
    You'd have no dirt on you so what would be the point in wasting the water?
    The fact is everyone has a different body, what makes one person sweat buckets may not make another person sweat at all.
    I usually shower every other day, I don't feel grimy or disgusting on the days that I don't because I know that I'm not dirty, why waste my time showering if I don't need to?
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    How much is your annual water bill out of interest ? :)

Not much tbh between three of us we cut corners in other ways ;)

We did have a shower head fixed into the wall but it was shit. I feel cleaner after a bath than I do with a shower
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I have a sensitive nose but I can smell when someone hasn't had a shower that day. Even if they have sink-washed their bits and sprayed on the perfume/aftershave. I don't judge or think any less of them, it's their choice and they'll have their reasons. It's just something I'm aware of, and nothing more than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Daily in the summer. Every other day in Winter as the cold weather dries my skin out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Daily

2-3 times a week.
    Boyard wrote: »
    2 or 3 times a week. I use wet wipes on the smelly bits on the other days and it works absolutely fine!
    Once a week with the odd scrub here and there.

That's really gross tbh.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/lifestyle-videos/weird-thoughts-shower-223126394.html

According to this it should be once every 2-3 days.

I have to shower every morning before I leave my house.

Never - I haven't got a shower! I have a bath every other night.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,200
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Maybe I have a sensitive nose but I can smell when someone hasn't had a shower that day. Even if they have sink-washed their bits and sprayed on the perfume/aftershave. I don't judge or think any less of them, it's their choice and they'll have their reasons. It's just something I'm aware of, and nothing more than that.

Same for me. I just end up thinking they have low hygiene standards. Then, I back away from them as far as possible and reach for fresh air somewhere.

I shower and shave everyday and I've had 'you smell fresh' comments in public before which makes my day.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyday usually, more if it's hot.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Strange question tbh. Shower before work and get dressed into work clothes. Bath after work and slip into PJ's for dossing round the house. Why would someone put dirty clothes back on?

So you'd never wear the same trousers for work 2 days running?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you'd never wear the same trousers for work 2 days running?
    Well I dont own a pair of trousers but, no, I wouldn't wear the same clothes twice without washing inbetween. I would wear jeans twice but no more than that
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most mornings unless I'm running late, and every night! If I feel really grimy when I get home from work I'll have a bath in Dettol.
  • tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity (I.e. I'm a nosy b*gger). For those who shower daily/twice daily. If you developed a skin condition would you find it hard moving to every other day showering? I have to admit when I was first told it took me a while to adjust as it was part of my night time routine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I'd say daily but it depends. I shower before going to university or meeting up with my friends but if I'm having one of my lazy days off, I don't see the point. Why would I shower just to sit around in my pjamas all day? Or shower to take the dog for a walk? I'll just fester in my filth :blush:
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum said in the 70's people only got the bath a few times a week, is this true?

Like a lot of kids in the 60's/70's I use to have a bath every Sunday night in front of a roaring open fire. When I started Secondary School I had a shower twice a week after PE.

Some families would go and use a public 'slipper' baths where people could take a proper bath at a time when few houses had their own bathrooms.

[http://www.bathsandwashhouses.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/slipperbath-e1326174263803.jpg

http://www.theoldhometown.com/cleveland/picture/number1428.asp
  • bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had a bath every night when we were kids in the 70's. Nowadays, I have a shower and wash my hair every day, without fail. I had to go for a period of 5 days without washing my hair when I had my brain tumour op 6 years ago, and it drove me up the wall.