Options

So the Beale family are gonna protect Bobby and let him get away with murder? WTF

Comments

• Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    You just don't get it do you ? He is a child, a childs mind doesn't work the same way an adults mind does.

Every child's different, no?
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    You just don't get it do you ? He is a child, a childs mind doesn't work the same way an adults mind does.

A| child can still kill. He knows he's a killer. He knows he's not being punished for it, so he could easily kill again.

I'm trying to decide whether Bobby is Venables of Thompson.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loco_loca wrote: »
    Jane is the new Dot, and Bobby is the new Nick.

I felt sorry for Peter, the only person with sense and the only person with decency. Jane went down in my esteem big time; dumping Lucy's body in the woods like a piece of garbage, allowing her body to be desecrated in death, and covering for a killer because "He is only 11."

The incident needs to hurt him. Shielding him from responsibility and human emotions will only make him a sociopath.

What makes things worse is other people being accused of the crime. She would have been prepared to ruin innocent people's lives, to shield a violent thug from the consequences of his actions.

Exactly what I said yesterday. It is obvious they were drawing a parallel between the two mother-son relationships; as Dot and Nick's dysfunctional relationship ended, Jane and Bobby's is just beginning. As DTC has said, Lucy's murder is really just the start of changing the Beales forever.

Dot is like a foreshadowing of Jane - what starts as, 'he's only a little boy', will eventually become, 'you were such a good boy'.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    So the Beale family are gonna protect Bobby and let him get away with murder? WTF that doesnt make sense Ian was crying his eyes out when Lucy was killed and now hes knows Bobby did it hes not gonna do anything that is just wrong. Im so glad Peter stuck up for Lucy thats a true twin brother. The truth always comes out in the end and Bobby will get his

So Ian's lost one child and you expect him to hand Bobby in so he loses another?
    He did what I think most parents would do. It would be a extremely hard decision to make and Ian would be in turmoil over his decision.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    A| child can still kill. He knows he's a killer. He knows he's not being punished for it, so he could easily kill again.

Would that be like Vennegoor of Hesselink?
  • Options
    SunnydayzSunnydayz Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The saddest thing is that if he does think he killed her, he is not aware that Max, Jake, Abi and Denise all contributed. Sad for Jane too. That has to come out sometime
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you really have to bring that up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can understand protecting Bobby. But how can Ian forgive Jane?

How can he kiss the woman who put his daughter into the boot of her car and dumped her body in the woods? It's sick. :( >:(

(And also, if Jane was intending to take Lucy to hospital, why was she in the boot of her car?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hope he doesn't team up with Denny :/ There are a lot of babies on that square!!
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And apart from all this; would being hit by a music box really have killed Lucy if she hadn't had the fight with Denise, been hit by Jake, albeit accidentally, and had that blow to the head in the car lot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnydayz wrote: »
    The saddest thing is that if he does think he killed her, he is not aware that Max, Jake, Abi and Denise all contributed. Sad for Jane too. That has to come out sometime

Surely if these other blows had contributed Lucy's post mortem would have said she died of multiple head injuries. I thought she died of a single blow.
  • Options
    ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused about Bobby not knowing.
    Didn't we see that policewoman telephoning someone and saying "i know it was you who killed Lucy".?
    If she was talking to Bobby then he knows he killed Lucy.
    If she was not talking to Bobby then SHE didn't know the truth after all.
    And if she didn't really know it was Bobby then how did Lauren know who done it? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »

How can he kiss the woman who put his daughter into the boot of her car and dumped her body in the woods? It's sick. :( >:(

(And also, if Jane was intending to take Lucy to hospital, why was she in the boot of her car?)

I can see him paying Rainie another visit soon, as he might not want to be that intimate with Jane. Very much a case of staying together for the kids.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing is I thought Jake punched Lucy in the mouth causing her nosebleed rather than hitting her over the head?

I agree about the others though.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnydayz wrote: »

Except it doesn't, and it won't. None of them have any reason to give up their encounters with Lucy that day to anyone outside [or within their own family - even Lauren doesn't know about Max, Abi and the Car Lot].

All any of them will ever know is their own POV [as Lucy cannot tell the whole story]. It's tragic, but that's what it was always meant to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see him paying Rainie another visit soon, as he might not want to be that intimate with Jane. Very much a case of staying together for the kids.

Why did he even visit Rainie in the first place. I didn't get that to be honest. Has Ian done that before or something :confused:
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artymags wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about Bobby not knowing.
    Didn't we see that policewoman telephoning someone and saying "i know it was you who killed Lucy".?
    If she was talking to Bobby then he knows he killed Lucy.
    If she was not talking to Bobby then SHE didn't know the truth after all.
    And if she didn't really know it was Bobby then how did Lauren know who done it? :confused::confused::confused:

Emma was talking to Jane not Bobby. Ian too thought Jane was guilty at first.

I have no idea how Lauren knew Lucy was killed at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

VERY GOOD POINT !
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he even visit Rainie in the first place. I didn't get that to be honest. Has Ian done that before or something :confused:

It's a running thing for Ian, though he hasn't in a while. He used to "use" Janine a lot in her prostitute days.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a lawyer but I don't think it is murder but the intention was to hurt Lucy not to kill her. She has had several knocks to the head: car lot, Jake, Abi and Denise but the blow by Bobby was the one did it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing is I thought Jake punched Lucy in the mouth causing her nosebleed rather than hitting her over the head?

I agree about the others though.

Abi's slap was there to explain why both her and Max had been shifty for the past 10 months, I guess.

I'm not so sure about Denise. Perhaps she feels guilty that the last encounter she had with Lucy was wrestling with her on the floor. She didn't hate Lucy, so probably didn't want to say goodbye on such a sour note. That would explain why she's been drinking heavily and not looking after Patrick properly.
  • Options
    KrustyliciousKrustylicious Posts: 17,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter may or may not go to the police but its this issue will cause him to leave because of bobby.

Children can do nasty things including killing other children and rarely adults. But its very rare
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

cos she knew she was dead, and they would be asking questions etc...It had to be in the boot cos people would have seen her in the car, back seat too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's nonsense. There is no comparison. Those two planned a killing just for the sake of killing. They had no grievance against their victim - he was just picked at random. They intended to kill a small child for the fun of it and they tortured him first. They were psychopaths.

Bobby hit Lucy in exasperation and anger - he didn't cold-bloodedly plan to kill her. It's just not in the same league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow, good spot! I totally missed that. Total lie there then-can't see her turning up to the hospital and opening the boot :/