Numbers in bottom corner of screen?

TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching the Liverpool - Newcastle game on Virgin Media, Sky Sports 1. Theres a long 10 or so digit number in the bottom left corner... whats that about?

Similar thing to the pint glass being on there in commercially licensed Sky pubs??

Edit: It's gone now!

Comments

• SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    Just watching the Liverpool - Newcastle game on Virgin Media, Sky Sports 1. Theres a long 10 or so digit number in the bottom left corner... whats that about?

Similar thing to the pint glass being on there in commercially licensed Sky pubs??

Edit: It's gone now!

It may have something to do with tracking down illegal streams of the matches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    It's back on : 113901****
  • c3pod4qpc3pod4qp Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching on Sky, nine digits have just disappeared from the top right of the screen, having been there for a few minutes. They were just above the Sky Sports 1 HD DOG.

More information is available here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    that is your sky viewing card number
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is your sky viewing card number

That was what I believed too but the number thats been appearing on my screen lately is totally different to my viewing card number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind so much if it was top right above the Sky HD bug, but this is bottom left and overlaps with the on screen graphics - it's quite intrusive - and the game just got interesting !

regards

Brian
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Its not your viewing card number.
    Its a reference number to your account so that if you are streaming the game online, they can find who the uploader is and cut you off and so on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very clever. Can't whoever's streaming just cut off that part of the screen though?
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you change channel and then back again - it goes.
  • TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    If you change channel and then back again - it goes.

Yes, but then it will suddenly re-appear again randomly. I agree, it is very clever.