It's all about the money with Lauren

Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've spoken about this before on another thread. Many dismissed it.

Just there on live feed she said her family has really struggled financially and they're hoping this will lead to magazine deals etc.

It really is all about the money with the Harries family and they will go to any lengths to get it. If that means being deceitful then so be it. Lauren has been trained from a very early age to lie and deceive.

I believe the game plan is for Lauren to get people to feel sorry for her, win the sympathy vote. She also has to come across as sweet and caring.

Those who have watched Lauren on BBBOTS will know just how nasty she is. For the most part she's managed to hide that side of her. It's all an act though.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'They' aren't hoping for magazine deals. Lauren is so she can help her family out. What's wrong with that?
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may very well be right, but you do realise that Lauren has gotten her fee now so all she has to do to keep it is to ride it out until she is actually voted out. Winning does not bring in any more money on CBB.

Personally, whatever about her family, I think winning means far more to Lauren than just money, but then, who am I to say? It's just my personal opinion.
  • Jacs75Jacs75 Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing admitting you need the money and your doing BB to earn money for her family, at least she is honest about it. If her and family haven't got much money then it is going to be important to her. She also said she wants to do the show so she can get her books published, most hm's do BB for a reason, if not money it can be to enhance there career. I don't see a problem with it.
  • JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »
    I've spoken about this before on another thread. Many dismissed it.

Just there on live feed she said her family has really struggled financially and they're hoping this will lead to magazine deals etc.

It really is all about the money with the Harries family and they will go to any lengths to get it. If that means being deceitful then so be it. Lauren has been trained from a very early age to lie and deceive.

I believe the game plan is for Lauren to get people to feel sorry for her, win the sympathy vote. She also has to come across as sweet and caring.

Those who have watched Lauren on BBBOTS will know just how nasty she is. For the most part she's managed to hide that side of her. It's all an act though.

Her father was sent to prison for burning down his own shop, her mother father, brothers, and Lauren herself have all faked what qualifications they have, the uni they went to was there own house.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren's parents have put everything into making her famous so they can cash in ... Sadly they are fake and fakes get found out ...

Lauren believes fame is her right..for that I blame her vile parents
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OneK wrote: »
    'They' aren't hoping for magazine deals. Lauren is so she can help her family out. What's wrong with that?

Daddy is very much still pulling the strings. He's the organ grinder and always has been. Lauren is his creation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was only in the house a matter of days and she was already accusing someone of being transphobic. Oh, she knows exactly what she is doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    Her father was sent to prison for burning down his own shop, her mother father, brothers, and Lauren herself have all faked what qualifications they have, the uni they went to was there own house.

A bunch of con artists who view Lauren as a cash cow. They see this as their last big chance to cash in.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't they all in it for the money and the exposure? the only difference is that Lauren openly admits it - why does that make her worse than anyone else in there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't they all in it for the money and the exposure? the only difference is that Lauren openly admits it - why does that make her worse than anyone else in there?

Have you watched the documentary about her family?

Maybe you should and it will all become clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was only in the house a matter of days and she was already accusing someone of being transphobic. Oh, she knows exactly what she is doing.

Totally agree...I bet her dad has told her exactly how to play it ..
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    Oh great, a professional train wreck. That's no way to raise your daughter, if true.

I'm not watching LF, but i wonder, did Lauren sound excited by the idea, or was it more a plea for help? :o
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The others already have careers, even though they might be on the wane. Has Lauren ever had a job? Why is she a celebrity? What is she celebrated for?
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I agree Lauren's parents will go to any lengths to gain exposure, 95% of those who agree to appear on CBB only do it for money and/or exposure so what's the big deal in this case?
  • omerta138omerta138 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Didn't she sound off in the DR about how she hated the term "transgender" and now it seems to come out of her mouth every 5 minutes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adwalton wrote: »
    The others already have careers, even though they might be on the wane. Has Lauren ever had a job? Why is she a celebrity? What is she celebrated for?

Her parents thrust her into tv as a young boy of 8 on Antiques shows, the Wogan Show and many others, I think she (or he as she was back then) even did Oprah. I'm a little fed up of Lauren being blamed for all sorts when it's obviously been her parents pulling her strings and using her as a cash cow from a very young age, then isolating her from any sort of real life when all the tv shows dried up. What with the transgender thing, her Scoliosis medication and her Dyspraxia, and parents like that, it's no wonder the poor woman doesn't know if she's coming or going half the time !
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OneK wrote: »

She said the plan is to write an autobiography, and her father told her appearing on BB would raise her profile and sell more books

She is in her mid thirties and is still clearly controlled by the parents who have used her as a meal ticket since she was a little boy :(
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Her parents thrust her into tv as a young boy of 8 on Antiques shows, the Wogan Show and many others, I think she (or he as she was back then) even did Oprah. I'm a little fed up of Lauren being blamed for all sorts when it's obviously been her parents pulling her strings and using her as a cash cow from a very young age, then isolating her from any sort of real life when all the tv shows dried up. What with the transgender thing, her Scoliosis medication and her Dyspraxia, and parents like that, it's no wonder the poor woman doesn't know if she's coming or going half the time !

I know it a dam shame.
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    was that the alleged fraudulent insurance scam ? And Lauren said on LF to Mario that she wants a book deal to write her story out of BB - and for her brother who doesn't get her, to see her to try understand her more by watching the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adwalton wrote: »

She's famous for pretending to be an antiques expert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member

Is it ok to "accuse!" someone of having a phobia?

Do we barrate people for a fear of flying, or a fear of enclosed spaces etc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Lauren has been a good housemate to watch, She was homesick but has not moaned about wanting to leave nor has she cheered when the other housemates have nominated her.
    She also tried to address the criticisms made by other the housemates about her untidiness and not helping around the house.
    I never liked Lauren before especially when she and Pete Burns were really critical and horrible on BBBOTS a couple of seasons ago especially to the winner Aaron.
    Changed my mind about her now because she appears to have changed. In this CBB house she has come across as really quite a sweet and gentle person.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omerta138 wrote: »
    Didn't she sound off in the DR about how she hated the term "transgender" and now it seems to come out of her mouth every 5 minutes?

Really!! I think I have heard Lauren mention it twice. I don't watch Live Feed though.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren's parents have put everything into making her famous so they can cash in ... Sadly they are fake and fakes get found out ...

Lauren believes fame is her right..for that I blame her vile parents

I agree with this. She does seem to believe that she is entitled to fame and fortune. According to that extract from her book she believes she has talent that needs to be showcased in order for her to get her big break, with no indication of what these said talents are. All of this completley encouraged by her mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Lauren has been a good housemate to watch, She was homesick but has not moaned about wanting to leave nor has she cheered when the other housemates have nominated her.
    She also tried to address the criticisms made by other the housemates about her untidiness and not helping around the house.
    I never liked Lauren before especially when she and Pete Burns were really critical and horrible on BBBOTS a couple of seasons ago especially to the winner Aaron.
    Changed my mind about her now because she appears to have changed. In this CBB house she has come across as really quite a sweet and gentle person.

If the above posts are right about BB being her way of getting her face out there to enable promotion of a book she is claiming to write...she can't afford to walk out or moan about her experience