Should they be able to get out of their contracts if ....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
Forum Member
✭✭
it can be proven that they are booted off through tactical voting or spite ... I know I would be mightly miffed if I had to wait till January to be released from the contract, if the reasons for being booted off where less than honourable!

In the case of Laura, think the solicitors would have a good case for getting her out of the contract.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you prove spite?
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    luvnlight wrote: »
    In the case of Laura, think the solicitors would have a good case for getting her out of the contract.

Why should Laura be any different? She signed the contract.

I am so sick of this whole Laura thing. She was voted out. End of. Other far better singers have been voted out too early in the past and one of them in this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - get over it. She lost because she actually didn't sing very well.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    There's no evidence of anyone being booted off through tactical voting or spite, so it's kind of academic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im so fed up of hearing about how unfair it was that laura got voted out
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    How can you prove spite?
    just look at Louies face:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 people in my team, 1 likes JLS, 1 Laura and 2 Diana - you can't like everyone, get over it, irrespective of tactical voting, she was still in the bottom two meaning that many people prefered others to her - the hoo ha going on this weekend has been bloody ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*suddenly wishes he had a link to that picture louis pulled when daniel got through the other week...PRICELESS!*
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    If all you have to go on is alleged "spite" then you can forget it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    im pretty sure the only people who will be getting out of their contracts are GirlBand because they have split
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

He looked more emotional to me - he doesn't like voting off someone who he thinks shouldn't leave and that was true of both contestants. However, he felt Ruth gave a more passionate and better performance in the sing off and based his decision on that. And I agree with him there.
  • beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    luvnlight wrote: »
    it can be proven that they are booted off through tactical voting or spite ... I know I would be mightly miffed if I had to wait till January to be released from the contract, if the reasons for being booted off where less than honourable!

Its April! its too long imo
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beast1982 wrote: »
    Its April! its too long imo

I think that's generous. If you get a record deal 4 weeks after appearing on the show (or even 3 months) then you are most likely getting it because you have been on that show. In which case, Syco/Sony are entitled to some kind of compensation for handing you that opportunity. As that isn't possible, then contestants can't sign to anyone else.

If there were no binding contracts, people could just quit the competition the week before the final, leave it a few months and then sign up to another major label under excellent terms.

AI is even tougher from what I've been reading. If it was up to me, I'd have them prevented from signing for a major until the live shows of the next series.

Maybe I'm just mean!