Options

House/flat share websites

HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just got a new job and need to relocate. I've had a look at a couple of the house share website and found the adverts are generally placed by the owners.

Are there any sites in which the adverts are done by the tennants (with info on the sort of housemate they're after)? This would be more beneficial for deciding whether or not I would likely get on with them.

Comments

• Options
    feistyfeisty Posts: 2,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    I've just got a new job and need to relocate. I've had a look at a couple of the house share website and found the adverts are generally placed by the owners.

Are there any sites in which the adverts are done by the tennants (with info on the sort of housemate they're after)? This would be more beneficial for deciding whether or not I would likely get on with them.

This used to be an ok site http://www.spareroom.co.uk/
    avoid gumtree as i have heard not such nice things about it recently....The company yr going to work for don't they have an extranet as that may be useful
  • Options
    the_riddlerthe_riddler Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    always good to see if you can get a copy of the areas local paper, maybe you could ask the company to send you one, dunno bout your area but mine has loads of ads for house shares/rooms to rent etc!

failing that, me cousins, brothers, cats nephew jimbob ownes an estate agent........honest ask feisty!!

sorry m8 ignore the last bit, bit of a joke from an earlier post but rekon the paper idea might be good, you could see if the local newspaper has a website i know the Herald and post round here does.
    good luck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helicase wrote: »

heli sorry just a quick question, i just looked at you location, and you might think i am mad but i was wondering, does chesterford research park ring a bell to you
  • Options
    feistyfeisty Posts: 2,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    honest ask feisty!!

so if boastful isn't enough.. you're also sarcastic and i thot a line had been drawn under the previous....is emotional intelligence not included in your career progression?..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    feisty wrote: »
    honest ask feisty!!

so if boastful isn't enough.. you're also sarcastic and i thot a line had been drawn under the previous....is emotional intelligence not included in your career progression?..

it was a joke mate, intended for you to read and see the funny side. am i gonna have to spend all night apologising(spelling) to you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    feisty wrote: »
    honest ask feisty!!

u got pm
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just type room to rent and loads will come up - i think there is one it might be easy room i can't remember now.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Yep http://uk.easyroommate.com/ is the biggest I have found