amelia lily shut up and give me whatever you got released january 13th

124»

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    No I don't actually but in comparison to everything else in the top 10 right now this is by a mile better. It's an opinion :)

When Misha gets a top five hit then I will try to take your comment seriously. :)

I agree:

1) Get Up - Crappy Club Music
    2) Scream and Sh*t - Cannot be more crap than this
    3) IKYWT - Taylor Swift song complaining about her 15th boyfriend drop :yawn: (nice tune though but really cliched)
    4) Animal - This screams generic sex and club song (chorus is nice though)
    5) Stay - Rihanna attempting a ballad...
    6) Boozing by Calvin Harris
    7) My Life - OVER-BLOODY-PRODUCED!
    10) Clown - by Ms I-cannot-stay-at-home-for-a-day-to-let-my-music-chart-for-weeks

The only ones I like are admittedly James Arthurs and Lily's...am I biased? Nope, simply put, the other songs do not stay in my head! Shut Up is not a work of art (admittedly) but neither were Sweet Child O' Mine, Call Me Maybe and Umbrella. But they were all so successful! Why? Because THEY WERE CATCHY. The top 10 are not memorable. Shut Up is incredibly memorable. I hated it at first (like Carly Rae's and Rihanna's) but then it grew on me. I just can't get it out of my head now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree:

1) Get Up - Crappy Club Music
    2) Scream and Sh*t - Cannot be more crap than this
    3) IKYWT - Taylor Swift song complaining about her 15th boyfriend drop :yawn: (nice tune though but really cliched)
    4) Animal - This screams generic sex and club song (chorus is nice though)
    5) Stay - Rihanna attempting a ballad...
    6) Boozing by Calvin Harris
    7) My Life - OVER-BLOODY-PRODUCED!
    10) Clown - by Ms I-cannot-stay-at-home-for-a-day-to-let-my-music-chart-for-weeks

The only ones I like are admittedly James Arthurs and Lily's...am I biased? Nope, simply put, the other songs do not stay in my head! Shut Up is not a work of art (admittedly) but neither were Sweet Child O' Mine, Call Me Maybe and Umbrella. But they were all so successful! Why? Because THEY WERE CATCHY. The top 10 are not memorable. Shut Up is incredibly memorable. I hated it at first (like Carly Rae's and Rihanna's) but then it grew on me. I just can't get it out of my head now.

Including JA and AL all of this is a bunch of crapness.

If you listen to 80's and 90s music at all, a lot of what was produced then sounds like a classic compared to this lot unfortunately. Perhaps the artists at the moment, despite having so much more technology at their disposal, either cant use it or are just not very good.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »

If you listen to 80's and 90s music at all, a lot of what was produced then sounds like a classic compared to this lot unfortunately. Perhaps the artists at the moment, despite having so much more technology at their disposal, either cant use it or are just not very good.

I disagree - Stay and I Knew You Were Trouble are really excellent pop songs in my own opinion. The rest are pretty abysmal, though. Still can't understand why Amelia has gone down the electronic pop route instead of the pop rock route which seemed such a natural fit for her, although I guess if Xenomania want to work with you, as a brand new act you probably wouldn't say no.
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »

Tbh I disagree with you on the 80s and 90s music thing.

Early to mid 2000s were spectacular. You had all of this quirky music topping the charts. I remember stuff like 'My Hump', 'Beep' and 'Smile' (Lily Allen), Justin Timberlake's stuff, it was all so quirky yet catchy. Music was so good BEFORE they introduced the club music thing to songs. Now they seem like generic rehashes of each other. I blame Rihanna. I miss old 2000s pop.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I like the song
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Her new song is okay but her first one was so much better! I can still listen to 'you bring me joy' happily and get into it... But her new one is just grating on me now; I can't listen to it any more, I used to love it.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Well it seems that xenomania aren't too worried about this song failing to chart as high, which is a shame because it deserves too :(

Amelia is off to LA to film her third video
    Amelia Lily ‏@AmeliaLilyOffic
    So excited to announce that I'm flying to LA on Wednesday to shoot my third music video!! Ahhhhhh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelia is appearing on Daybreak in a few hours and performing her new song.

With a bit of luck this performance and any other appearances she does this week will boost her sales.

The Amelia Lily "Like" page is still getting more and more facebook likes. :D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a half hour show making of video on mtvhits at 1230
    Forum Member
    She's now at #11 on iTunes and the Friday chart predictions say she's at #10. But that was probably because from Wednesday to Friday her iTunes position was #13, so she'll be doing a bit better now I think (maybe back to #9? Or even #8?). If she continues with promotion this week then she may get to #6 or even #5 but I don't think she's doing any more performances?
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mtv hits chart update has her charting at 9 hopefully a few places higher by Sunday.

Despite what some on here are saying she is doing fine over a year now since xfactor so she is starting to be an artist on her own right.

Wonder where James will be this time next year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    is it me or has she changed quite a lot since the x factor? i didn't even recognise her until the advertisement said her name.

i thought she was american:o