Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've overdosed on sugar tonight
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not back till the Autumn. What will I do to fill the void ?
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This must have been like doing the Xmas specials in July!!!

Oops, who was Polly Coupland?
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    This must have been like doing the Xmas specials in July!!!

Oops, who was Polly Coupland?

ITV Production manager died in January according to google. can't get into the link as it's being slow. I guess loads of people googled to see who she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not back till the Autumn. What will I do to fill the void ?

That answers the question about a Father's Day special.... Sexist programme ;-);-)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Admittedly the last 'surprise' made me emotional too, but that aspect of surprise was missing tonight. The person would have come to the show not knowing that the lost relative wasn't found, let alone going to meet them that night. Perhaps they did it that way due to her age, but the same thing was done to the previous two so-called surprises too.

Have to agree with BG, the tasks and experiences mentioned that warranted the TV appearance were sort-of average tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Admittedly the last 'surprise' made me emotional too, but that aspect of surprise was missing tonight. The person would have come to the show not knowing that the lost relative wasn't found, let alone going to meet them that night. Perhaps they did it that way due to her age, but the same thing was done to the previous two so-called surprises too.

Have to agree with BG, the tasks and experiences mentioned that warranted the TV appearance were sort-of average tbh.

myss, she was only 74, not 94. I hope she doesn't have a terminal illness which they weren't allowed to say....
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »

The mother wrote to the two sons so they knew about her and agreed to meet her. My question was why they had to wait and do it on a tv show. Surely they could have done it at their own homes. But I spose it made good tele....

I think I'm getting far too cynical in my old age :blush:
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    She's only 74? Big time smoker, methinks...

I honestly thought she was my Mums age ... Which is nearly 90. Her daughter is very wrinkly and also,one of the twins ...... Must run in the family.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she held herself together very well. I guess she did all her crying when she had to give up her babies. Poor lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I honestly thought she was my Mums age ... Which is nearly 90. Her daughter is very wrinkly and also,one of the twins ...... Must run in the family.

That's what smoking does.... :o
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    So happy for Barry and Paul to finally meet old mother Chuckle.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How young does Holly's mum look.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I thought mark wright did well. He was genuine and sincere with that lady and I think he genuinely helped her. He doesn't get enough credit or work IMO :)
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it although some of the surprises could have been better but if it suited them...then who are we to complain :p

I loved the story of the first Mum though who made those baby grows for premature babies :)
  • SoapQueenieSoapQueenie Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    That last story really touched me.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    I thought mark wright did well. He was genuine and sincere with that lady and I think he genuinely helped her. He doesn't get enough credit or work IMO :)

Work? He's doing great because he's very pretty. :p:p