Michelle Keegan following Helen Flanagan's Path

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Left Corrie and going the socialite/model route. Shame.

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't got the acting chops for much else to be fair, at least she recognises her limitations.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Michelle seems to be interested in fashion, and just seems to have got her own clothing line out there. Good on her.

We will see what she will do next, but she seems to be quite popular, and is quite talented actress, at least as Corrie was her first acting job.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's a socialite? I saw this labelled on Peaches Geldof. s it was called a ligger in my day?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    A ligger? :confused:
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she can lag my pipe any day
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this to my husband yesterday (freaky). I think she is an OK actress and she is a good looking girl. She could easily get more acting work and maybe she will. But she does seem to be seen constantly on the arm of her brain dead fiancé grinning inanely at the nearest pap wearing the latest fashions and either going on holiday or turning up to parties. I really hope she doesn't become the latest socialite, and instead sticks with acting. The trouble is, keep away from acting for a few years and appear daily in the Mail online and people forget that you are an actress (like Helen *blow up doll* Flanagan)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she doesn't turn out to be as ditsy as Helen is. Michelle does seem quite calm and intelligent when being interviewed.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I hope she doesn't turn out to be as ditsy as Helen is. Michelle does seem quite calm and intelligent when being interviewed.

I agree. She is quite charming and quick witted too. I'm actually curious to see what she will do next. She might get a few guest spots here and there, and show what she has yo offer as an actress away from Corrie directors and writers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She seems more intelligent than Helen Flanagan to be fair to her. She might be decent if she went into presenting or something.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I really hope she goes the way of Suranne Jones or Katherine Kelly who have both done loads of really interesting stuff since Corrie. Tina's turned into quite a tedious predictable character.

It's been reported that Michelle has returned to acting training & accent coaching for refreshment as she's been playing the same character for 7 years. Good luck to her!
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Oh, I really hope she goes the way of Suranne Jones or Katherine Kelly who have both done loads of really interesting stuff since Corrie. Tina's turned into quite a tedious predictable character.

It's been reported that Michelle has returned to acting training & accent coaching for refreshment as she's been playing the same character for 7 years. Good luck to her!

She wishes she could touch her acting chops with a twelve foot bargepole.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »

That's good to hear :) I like it when actors continue to train and learn instead of going straight into auditioning or glamour modelling like Helen Flannagan.
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    She wishes she could touch her acting chops with a twelve foot bargepole.

And the difference in their acting jobs and experience is huge. Michelle just finished her first ever acting role, 7 years in that role, while Suranne has 20+ years of acting experience.

I'm glad to hear Michelle has went back to training, nice to hear of people who want to learn more of their craft.

Wikipedia stated, that Michelle will be acting in the role of Tinkerbell, touring Europe from Summer 2014 until 2015. Don't know how reliable that is though.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    She gonna get the norks out and a bit-part premier league footballer boyfriend then?*

* dont tell me, she already has a crap footballer boyfriend?
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    She gonna get the norks out and a bit-part premier league footballer boyfriend then?*

* dont tell me, she already has a crap footballer boyfriend?

Worse, a TOWIE reject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Keegan is a gorgeous girl and FAR more likeable than Helen Flanagan. If she's doing what makes her happy, I wish her luck.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the difference in their acting jobs and experience is huge. Michelle just finished her first ever acting role, 7 years in that role, while Suranne has 20+ years of acting experience.

I'm glad to hear Michelle has went back to training, nice to hear of people who want to learn more of their craft.

Wikipedia stated, that Michelle will be acting in the role of Tinkerbell, touring Europe from Summer 2014 until 2015. Don't know how reliable that is though.

I am talking about natural acting ability not experience and Suranne has it where as Michelle doesn't.
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully if she does modelling she will get her top off. :(
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Left Corrie and going the socialite/model route. Shame.

Has she?

She only recently left Corrie (and in fact her last on-screen appearance is tonight) so I think it's a bit premature to be stating what she is and isn't doing.

Despite the fact that she is engaged to lobotomised ex TOWIE numpty and charisma vacuum Mark Wright, she does seem to have a brain and a nice, pleasant disposition. She is very pretty so could easily dop modelling/fashion work. She does (or did have) a column in Now magazine that was mostly a lot of hot air, but to be fair, I think most of those columns are 'written' by ghost writers.

Nothing that she has said or done would suggest that she is anywhere near the levels of idiocy that Helen Flanagan displays on a regular basis.
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I am talking about natural acting ability not experience and Suranne has it where as Michelle doesn't.

And I highly doubt any of us here have the knowledge or talent to spot natural acting talent, with the material we have been provided to judge it with. It's just an easy "insult" to throw around these days, calling someone not talented.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she?

She only recently left Corrie (and in fact her last on-screen appearance is tonight) so I think it's a bit premature to be stating what she is and isn't doing.

Despite the fact that she is engaged to lobotomised ex TOWIE numpty and charisma vacuum Mark Wright, she does seem to have a brain and a nice, pleasant disposition. She is very pretty so could easily dop modelling/fashion work. She does (or did have) a column in Now magazine that was mostly a lot of hot air, but to be fair, I think most of those columns are 'written' by ghost writers.

Nothing that she has said or done would suggest that she is anywhere near the levels of idiocy that Helen Flanagan displays on a regular basis.

I think that's a more accurate review of the situation.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I hope she doesn't turn out to be as ditsy as Helen is.

That would take some doing...
  • CeeCee87CeeCee87 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think Daily Mail have put up a story saying she wants to take some acting lessons so maybe she wants to go for different types of roles, dramas etc
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Certainly seems to be heading that way. I get the impression her and that smug boyfriend are trying to market themselves as a bit of a celeb power couple. Surely they must be tipping off the press about their whereabouts to get the coverage they do lately. Michelle eats pasty, Michelle smokes shisha etc, etc. I assume it is all heading for the inevitable 'Ok wedding'.