Options

In the Club, a new drama for the BBC by Kay Mellor

Comments

• Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the one who was with the nice one who told the other to leave her alone ( he is my bet for being the dad) I'm sure he is the one who the teacher spoke to on the way to the flat.
    Yeah, but I thought that having the "protective one" as the father was too obvious, this being a drama by Kay "all men are feckless" Mellor!

K
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Yeah, but I thought that having the "protective one" as the father was too obvious, this being a drama by Kay "all men are feckless" Mellor!

K

See what you mean Kenny, perhaps I'm going soft in my old age!! ;-)
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See what you mean Kenny, perhaps I'm going soft in my old age!! ;-)
    you may yet be right, as there are, at this stage, 3 "possibles", we'll have to see who turns out to be correct!

K
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    you may yet be right, as there are, at this stage, 3 "possibles", we'll have to see who turns out to be correct!

K

I just hope she was pregnant for the right reason and not being used. She needs to be loved and to feel she is wanted for herself not just for a sex object. See going soft and mushy again.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming up soon. Really enjoying this prog.:)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Coming up soon. Really enjoying this prog.:)

About to get the wine & nibbles ready here :D

Not usually a fan of this kind of thing, but I'm really enjoying it too
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im certain Jude is the teen girls dad
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Im certain Jude is the teen girls dad

Yup, I said this last week.

I do like this programme but it's very predictable.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it haha
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else struggling to disassociate Lady Stannis and little Lady Stannis? I keep forgetting they aren't mum and daughter in this!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great hours telly! The only thing I don't think they've got right concerns Jasmine.
    No family visiting? That is just not right for Asian families .... They are very close and love childbirth. There's no way she wouldn't at least have her parents visiting.
  • Options
    etpetp Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is repeated. Sky signal went out due to rain just as Rosie was announcing that Jude was the father. I can't watch on iplayer as I am not in the UK
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling to disassociate Lady Stannis and little Lady Stannis? I keep forgetting they aren't mum and daughter in this!

Sorry maybe being a bit dumb but who are you talking about?
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Great hours telly! The only thing I don't think they've got right concerns Jasmine.
    No family visiting? That is just not right for Asian families .... They are very close and love childbirth. There's no way she wouldn't at least have her parents visiting.

It has a lot wrong factually as regards midwifery practice, but we're still enjoying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has a lot wrong factually as regards midwifery practice, but we're still enjoying it.

I must say the staff come across as being a bit haphazard and don't seem either overworked or rushed like in most NHS hospitals
  • Options
    petertreepetertree Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    etp wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is repeated. Sky signal went out due to rain just as Rosie was announcing that Jude was the father. I can't watch on iplayer as I am not in the UK
    Did a search -sorry only available On Demand.
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how to find out the titles of the songs played in tonight's episode? There were at least three or four really nice ones in the second half, but I was too engrossed in the programme to Shazam them!....and now I'm unable to find any information on the music used. I've looked on the BBC web page for this show, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of the music played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really hoping that it is Dev's baby. Cannot stand Jack the lawyer. He is such a smarmy idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hoping that it is Dev's baby. Cannot stand Jack the lawyer. He is such a smarmy idiot.

I was so cheering when Dev spilled the food over him and smacked him! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »

I know what you mean. I gave a little cheer
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry maybe being a bit dumb but who are you talking about?

Susie and the mother of the twins' daughter are the wife and Daughter of Lord Stannis in a Game of Thrones. I'm watching concurrently so it is throwing me a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Susie and the mother of the twins' daughter are the wife and Daughter of Lord Stannis in a Game of Thrones. I'm watching concurrently so it is throwing me a bit.

Oh didn't realise the daughter was. I knew Susie was. What threw me was IMDB doesn't credit in the club next to the actress who plays stannis's daughter.
  • Options
    SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    etp wrote: »

Where do you live? We're not in the UK either but I use Zattoo as my back up when the sky signal goes. ( as happened last night and is the case frequently these days).

We're in Switzerland but I know there is Zattoo in other countries too. Zattoo France is rubbish though, no UK channels at all.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say the staff come across as being a bit haphazard and don't seem either overworked or rushed like in most NHS hospitals

Yes and hospital midwives don't leave the ward to deliver babies. If you're working on the ward that's where you work and if you're working on the labour suite you stay there. Community midwives do home visits and deliveries.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member

+1

That Jack is a tool. Why did Jasmine sleep with him when Dev is lovely and a handsome man?

Loving this series.