Options

jermaine jackson - smile for apple.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
Forum Member
✭✭
looks like he will be cashing in.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/04/jermaine-jackson-smile-apple-ipod-michael-jackson-i-tunes/

give it a few weeks jermaine will have a whole album out.

maybe this is why katherine wants to be the third excutor of the will to stop things like this happening.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me as though it would benefit the whole estate, not solely Jermaine. which would be good.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dory22 wrote: »
    looks like he will be cashing in.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/04/jermaine-jackson-smile-apple-ipod-michael-jackson-i-tunes/

give it a few weeks jermaine will have a whole album out.

maybe this is why katherine wants to be the third excutor of the will to stop things like this happening.

What's wrong with MJ's estate 'cashing in'? No-one is being forced to buy the song, but if there is genuine demand for it, then MJ's estate is surely the right beneficiery of any income generated!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    They should just release michael's version:confused:
  • Options
    TsuraTsura Posts: 2,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    They should just release michael's version:confused:

I agree.

It's a beautiful version of the song.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Jermaine's version was emotive, and appropriate for the occasion. He should be careful though because if it's not handled correctly people may (rightly or wrongly) see it as cashing in on his brother's death.

Michael's was good. The only thing I really liked about the Bashir interview was when MJ was walking out of the shopping mall with his kids singing Smile.

However, NAT's version is STILL the definitive version that IMHO has never been equalled, let alone bettered. :)