Options

Ray Quinn and Emma Stephens

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 439
Forum Member
Apparently Ray Quinn and west end actress fiancee Emma Stephens were married a week ago in the West Indies. Rumour has it they are also expecting an addition to the family this summer. Congratulations to them both if true.

Comments

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add my congrats.:)
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shudders* at the thought of a little Raymond Quinn on the loose
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    he seems a lovely fella - best of luck to them.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    *shudders* at the thought of a little Raymond Quinn on the loose

LOL

I can't believe he was runner up to Leona Lewis.

Amazing how a mentor like Simon Cowell takes you futher than your talent deserves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »

Really? REALLY?

I think he comes across as an arrogant n*bhead!
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was a friend of Dorothy's
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? REALLY?

I'm with you. Still the worst ever person to reach the final of a tv talent contest and that's against such stiff competition as Olly Murs and Cher Lloyd. To me, he's the epitome of stage school brat. All eyes and teeth and jazz hands and an ego so big it needs its own postcode. I still shudder thinking about his fake waterworks singing 'you'll never walk alone' - truly the stuff of nightmares
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    asp746 wrote: »
    Really? REALLY?

I think he seems a complete cheese merchant.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't look old enough to drive never mind get married:o
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Ray and he is a lovely lad, he is a good actor and singer.
  • Options
    bewestbewest Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are really illogical. What does his performance on the XFactor SIX years ago matter? Surely that's nothing to do with his personal life years later? Really don't understand some people's thought processes. Personally I wish them both the best of luck and congratulations. Having met them both, they are a lovely couple, very friendly and down-to-earth and I wish them every happiness for the future.

He probably wasn't suited for the XFactor anyway, and I am pleased he has been so successful in musical theatre and now has such a great career in that field.
  • Options
    KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's so greasy looking, gives me the creeps :o
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    bewest wrote: »
    Some people are really illogical. What does his performance on the XFactor SIX years ago matter? Surely that's nothing to do with his personal life years later? Really don't understand some people's thought processes. Personally I wish them both the best of luck and congratulations. Having met them both, they are a lovely couple, very friendly and down-to-earth and I wish them every happiness for the future.

He probably wasn't suited for the XFactor anyway, and I am pleased he has been so successful in musical theatre and now has such a great career in that field.

I have to say, I liked his appearance on John Bishop's Little Crackers on Sky1 last Christmas.
  • Options
    sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Ray perform the season after he was on the X Factor.

He performed at a rugby match I was at and sang with his back to where I was sitting.

His voice was amazing much better than I gave him credit for on the X Factor.

I can't help thinking that his youthful appearance didn't help him at all. When I watched him on X Factor I really didn't realise how good he was.

Congrats to him and his wife, if the story is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bewest wrote: »

I'm not basing my opinions on his appearances on the X Factor, I didn't even watch that series.

My opinion is based on his time on DOI, a few interviews I have read and tv appearances.

The fact that he cheated on and dumped his childhood sweetheart as soon as he got the chance to hook up with his leading lady didn't exactly endear him to the British public. I remember seeing an interview with him on This Morning where he randomly appeared with Emma Stephens, not long after they got together; I can remember thinking two things:

1) she was clearly as fame hungry as he is because she really didn't need to be there as an interviewee

and;

2) there is no way on this earth she would have looked at him twice if he wasn't the semi famous zeleb he is, they are completely mismatched (in my opinion)

Anyway I've aready spent far too long writing about someone I severely dislike!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not basing my opinions on his appearances on the X Factor, I didn't even watch that series.

My opinion is based on his time on DOI, a few interviews I have read and tv appearances.

The fact that he cheated on and dumped his childhood sweetheart as soon as he got the chance to hook up with his leading lady didn't exactly endear him to the British public. I remember seeing an interview with him on This Morning where he randomly appeared with Emma Stephens, not long after they got together; I can remember thinking two things:

1) she was clearly as fame hungry as he is because she really didn't need to be there as an interviewee

and;

2) there is no way on this earth she would have looked at him twice if he wasn't the semi famous zeleb he is, they are completely mismatched (in my opinion)

What a ridiculous post!

Firstly he and Emma Stephens got together as a couple some two months after splitting with his "childhood sweetheart" And she wasn't his leading lady at the time, they both had supporting roles.

Secondly I doubt whether the British Public could care less when it was anyway.

Thirdly the interview you are referring to was about going into the leading roles in Grease as a couple so why on earth would she not be there? And they invited her.

Fourthly why wouldnt she look at him twice and why are they mismatched? Because they both work in the same field, have the same interests and ambitions? Far more than with his ex btw! Quite the reverse! And seeing as they have been together for over three years it obviously works!

And why on earth bother to post such meanspirited posts about someone you allegedly dislike so much or even read about him? Why on earth bother?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous post!

Firstly he and Emma Stephens got together as a couple some two months after splitting with his "childhood sweetheart" And she wasn't his leading lady at the time, they both had supporting roles.

Thirdly the interview you are referring to was about going into the leading roles in Grease as a couple so why on earth would she not be there? And they invited her.

Fourthly why wouldnt she look at him twice and why are they mismatched? Because they both work in the same field, have the same interests and ambitions? Far more than with his ex btw! Quite the reverse! And seeing as they have been together for over three years it obviously works!

And why on earth bother to post such meanspirited posts about someone you allegedly dislike so much or even read about him? Why on earth bother?[/QUOTE]

Erm...forgive me, I didn't realise I had strayed onto a Ray Quinn fansite...!! This is a forum, maybe you should look into the definition of a forum to familiarise yourself with the theory behind it?

I love your use of the inverted commas on "childhood sweetheart", it's almost like you know different? If you do, spill! If you don't let's assume you read the same articles and watch the same tv interviews that we all do. In which case it clearly states he was with his childhood sweetheart for five years before ditching her for Emma Stephens. I know he wasn't the lead at the time, by the way - as I recall he was Kenickie? But the season after he started playing Danny Zuko and she Sandy.

Secondly, yeah, you're on the Showbiz forum so I'm going to take a guess that people do care (for want of a better word) that someone in showbiz has been a bit of a love rat when they're trying to push an image of "butter wouldn't melt".

Thirdly, I have yet to see (before or after the Quinn/Stephens interview) an interview with any other unknown who has taken the lead role in a West End show on primetime telly. You really think La Stephens would be invited if she wasn't n*bbing some no-mark zeleb?

And fourthly, yep! I do think they're mismatched - but hey, that's my opinion and at this point I'll direct you back to my initial point about this being a forum.

I am genuinely shocked that Raymond Quinn actually has fans because I really think he has a bad rep, but you know, all power to you. I don't like him. That's my opinion and I'll post that wherever I want.

• Options
    Forum Member
    What a surprise The-Phoo! Haha! Didnt take you long to post again after deciding not to did it?

Actually Ray was Doody at the time, so you don't recall correctly! But pleased you like my punctuation, which was used in the usual way to quote from your post, not because I knew differently. That is usual English usage!

This started as a simple thread congratulating a couple on their marriage and forthcoming baby nothing more, until the usual suspects crept out of the wood work to use it to vilify and post abuse hidden behind internet pseudonyms!

Interesting you think Emma Stephens was "fame hungry". The reality is that some six months after splitting when his profile was high on DOI, his ex charmingly chose to pose semi-naked and sell some tacky story to the News of the World for financial gain. Now THAT is fame-hungry! And in my view despicable.

Strikes me there are lots of fairly unknown artists (to the general public at least) who appear on This Morning and I see no need for your crude rather sordid turn of phrase for their relationship. However we all have a different command of English I guess.

Do feel free to continue to post, it will keep the thread at the top!

Btw. wonder if you posted under another name at the time. The posts seem identical!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and;

There is nothing whatsoever 'ridiculous' about your post and whilst I don't necessarily agree with it all, I'll defend your right to post it without being pounced on.:)

What a ridiculous post!

And why on earth bother to post such meanspirited posts about someone you allegedly dislike so much or even read about him? Why on earth bother?

:eek::eek:..............the_phoo merely posted an opinion.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DiamondDoll, surely if you defend one persons right to post what they want, that would go for everyone else too! I did not 'pounce' on anyone. I started an innocuous thread of congratulation which has been turned around by rather bitterl people into some kind of attack. What is defensible about that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiamondDoll, surely if you defend one persons right to post what they want, that would go for everyone else too! I did not 'pounce' on anyone. I started an innocuous thread of congratulation which has been turned around by rather bitterl people into some kind of attack. What is defensible about that?

You cannot dictate how others post and I really felt you were unneccessarily aggressive.
    If you weren't (although I thought you were), I apologise.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise The-Phoo! Haha! Didnt take you long to post again after deciding not to did it?

Aww bless you! I love to make people smile :) it's Sunday, the shops aren't open and of course I'm going to post when somebody pounces on me for having an opinion that doesn't quite agree with theirs! And I never decided not to post?! In my first post didn't I say something along the lines of "I've spoken enough about somebody I don't even like..."? Maybe I should have put a disclaimer on the bottom of my post to help you understand it only related to that post or unless somebody ripped my posts apart from differing to theirs :confused:
    Actually Ray was Doody at the time, so you don't recall correctly! But pleased you like my punctuation, which was used in the usual way to quote from your post, not because I knew differently. That is usual English usage!

Well I'm pleased you're pleased wee fat grill, can we be friends? And I'm sorry I thought Ray was Kenickie, I should have known better :cry:
    This started as a simple thread congratulating a couple on their marriage and forthcoming baby nothing more, until the usual suspects crept out of the wood work to use it to vilify and post abuse hidden behind internet pseudonyms

Unless you are actually called wee fat grill (which would seem rather unfortunate), aren't we all posting under "hidden internet pseudonyms" :confused: ?
    Strikes me there are lots of fairly unknown artists (to the general public at least) who appear on This Morning and I see no need for your crude rather sordid turn of phrase for their relationship. However we all have a different command of English I guess.

Yowzers! Hit me where it hurts, my command of the English language! I actually thought I articulated my point quite well to be honest, I've never had any problems prior to this in getting my point across. And again, I do feel you're side stepping the point. When have they interviewed an unknown because she had been "promoted" to the lead from supporting cast? Hmm. Oh yes. Just once. And that was Emma Stephens :rolleyes:

Btw. wonder if you posted under another name at the time. The posts seem identical!

At what time? I wish I knew what you were talking about, because it sounds really interesting and sinister and exactly like something I could be interested in, but I actually don't have a clue what you're talking about :confused: I know I am simple and crude and don't have the same command of the English language as you, but please could you explain? And also, text language? Really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? I'm not bitter! I made one small comment?

I think I might start a new thread...

"Is Ray Quinn the new Peter Andre?"

because you seem very tetchy, like I said earlier - if you like him, that's great! But I don't. End of story from my point of view, but seriously, if you pounce on someone they are going to retaliate.

EDIT : Just checked and the only reason I returned to this thread in the first place is because a number of other people agreed and then we all got slated for hating him "because of X Factor" and I just wanted to state the reason I didn't like him. Seems reasonable to me to be honest!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

because you seem very tetchy, like I said earlier - if you like him, that's great! But I don't. End of story from my point of view, but seriously, if you pounce on someone they are going to retaliate.

EDIT : Just checked and the only reason I returned to this thread in the first place is because a number of other people agreed and then we all got slated for hating him "because of X Factor" and I just wanted to state the reason I didn't like him. Seems reasonable to me to be honest!

Don't you dare.:p

At least Ray Quinn gets up off his backside, works hard and earns a living.
    Don't think he is a media-**** in the same vein as the Abomination that is Andre at all..............so there.:D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was one who agreed with you and I dared *gasp* :eek: ro mentioned the X word as it didn't realise it wasn't allowed - naughty me. :o

However, I can say that I didn't like anything about him on XF and have seen nothing in the years that have followed that have changed my mind. I find him arrogant, bigheaded and up himself - all my opinion and mine alone.

As DD has said, he has got up and made a career for himself so fair play but that doesn't make him anymore likeable in my eyes or outside of criticism.

However, lets not make Ray Quinn the new Andre - the padlock men won't be able to keep up ;)