Danny Cohen, I want my money back

penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
Forum Member
✭✭
Your show is absolute, total parc. Worse than ever. Judges who are posturing and preening and building their careers on my time. They scarcely notice there is a contestant there. Rubbish, total rubbish. No tension, no talent. Get it off.

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that valuable opinion.

I bet he'll be really interested to hear what you think about his show.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Why is it full of trailers for the show... In the show?

Why is it full of contestant stories?

Why is it padded out with crap now?

Just like xfactor ect
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No probs.

Thanks your interest.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »

Just like xfactor ect

same crap. same false promises, same bullshit judges, same sob stories, same people watch it..

IMO worse than the first series..
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I remember you from last series! Why are you watching again if you hated it so much? I'm not a mad fan but I think it's ok Saturday night viewing. I can't imagine my life ever being so boring that I forced myself to watch a programme I hate and then post threads about it.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    same crap. same false promises, same bullshit judges, same sob stories, same people watch it..

including yourself?

suggest you switch off immediately.

Amazed you lasted all of series 1?

How different was it ever going to be?
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    As above. :confused:

Since you named this as a programme you hate why on earth would you give up a Saturday night to watch it? Do you not have a life? Or is it a case of you watch just so you can moan?

The quote
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it is completely terrible, isn't it? I honestly thought they would have got it better this second year. Actually, it's quite charming in a weirdly funny sort of way. I love the way the judges are taking themselves so seriously but I suppose you can't blame them when there's nothing else they can show any interest in.

I would laugh, but then I remember how many decent shows haven't been made because of this show hoovering up the dosh.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    more sob stories this week than in the whole of x factor last year.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    more sob stories this week than in the whole of x factor last year.

And yet this one episode has been more entertaining than the entire last series of X Factor.
  • lindaja122lindaja122 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I remember you from last series! Why are you watching again if you hated it so much? I'm not a mad fan but I think it's ok Saturday night viewing. I can't imagine my life ever being so boring that I forced myself to watch a programme I hate and then post threads about it.

Well said!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet this one episode has been more entertaining than the entire last series of X Factor.

I'm with you there. We have been laughing all the way through.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    You gotta laugh at people watching shows they can't stand just so they can start a new thread about it. How sad lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    You gotta laugh at people watching shows they can't stand just so they can start a new thread about it. How sad lol.

... before the first episode had even finished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »

Just like xfactor ect

Because when it didn't have that stuff you all complained!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Because when it didn't have that stuff you all complained!!!

really?
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your show is absolute, total parc. Worse than ever. Judges who are posturing and preening and building their careers on my time. They scarcely notice there is a contestant there. Rubbish, total rubbish. No tension, no talent. Get it off.

Seeing as you were saying exactly the same last year and consistently criticised the show at every twist and turn (like a Daily Mail writer does to the BBC) it begs the old 1970s kids TV programme question "Why Don't You Just Switch Off (Over) Your Television Set And Go And Do (Watch) Something Less Boring Instead?"

Personally I thought that was far better than any episode of Series 1 of The Voice; not least as it had a lot of humour that was virtually absent from the first series; whilst a couple of the singers were superior to the winner of the last series of X-Factor (mind you I suppose that is damning with faint praise).
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Bore off, you didn't like the show last year.

Why watch it again this year?

Troll attempt. 1/10
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it be better to send a message to Danny Cohen to the place he works at?
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You said exactly the same last year, over and over again, yet you watched it all through and found time to continually post on here to say how much you hated it. WHY on earth are you watching it again if you think it's rubbish and WHY do you waste so much time posting endless times about a show you hate? Have you got nothing better to do?
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't disagree more OP! It's still entertaining, with less, pre-scripted BS from the judges, and there's an honesty to the show, most noticeably their opinions, but done in a way that respects the artists, who are not made to feel like crap if they don't get through. The nature of the beast is that we naturally want to hear their back story, but it's exactly that, rather than coming over as a false or oversentimental "journey."
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually disagree with some sentiments on this forum. I thought that for those contestants who struggled through to the end of their song looking at the backs of chairs was awful. And no positive comments can make up for that. Far better to face Cowell's eyebrows!

OK - I watched tonight - but after half an hour was also on here and also play on line games, seriously bored. Last year - I genuinely enjoyed the first few weeks until it got to the sing offs. This time, I found the judges' antics OTT and very irritating. And before anyone asks - no - I won't watch the rest. Tried it this week, but now doing the sensible thing and voting with my remote control.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I remember you from last Series.

You moaned about it constantly from day one, but continued to watch right up to the final.
    I generally find that if I don't like something, I won't watch it again, let alone waste my time commenting on it.

Maybe try that?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a bizarre response. It seems to be the immature go-to response for people who can't handle criticism of something they like.

I assume you think a positive opinion is more valid than a negative?
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, if i don`t like a programme i generally turn it off. What is the point in telling people who do like a programme, that you don`t like the programme that they like?

It seems like an exercise in utter futility.

Personally, i thought it was fantastic. The best light entertainment show on tv.
This discussion has been closed.