Options

Any new millionaires in?

dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I did £10 on euro millions last night, didn't even get 1 number, nor did I come close in the millionaire raffle results, which is why I only do the lottery once in a blue moon.

Comments

• Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly wasn't me, didn't come close either.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave81uk wrote: »
    So I did £10 on euro millions last night, didn't even get 1 number, nor did I come close in the millionaire raffle results, which is why I only do the lottery once in a blue moon.

Well I suppose you have to be in it to win it!

I was planning on getting a lucky dip all week but forgot all about it.

Not sure if it was a million pound lost or £2 gained!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody somewhere must know someone that's won...lets see how long this thread lasts :rolleyes:

And if they can afford hand out £100 million just for the UK alone what about France, Belgium etc. Do they have 100 millionaires per country too? Answers on a postcard please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    Somebody somewhere must know someone that's won...lets see how long this thread lasts :rolleyes:

And if they can afford hand out £100 million just for the UK alone what about France, Belgium etc. Do they have 100 millionaires per country too? Answers on a postcard please.

Although the Euromillions draw is across several European countries, the Millionaire Raffle part is only in the UK.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnt wrote: »

I thought that aswell, £100 million just to the UK is abit steep I'm sure the most they have done before is 25 winner raffles in one week...can anybody confirm this?

With regards to the raffle as a whole it was introduced to the UK when the price went from £1.50 to £2 I think it was there as a levy against euro/pound fluctuations. I have done the Euromillions in Greece about 4 years ago but I cannot remember how much it was but the price here in £ and Euro price stay the same regardless of exchange rate so one week we might be technically paying more against a euro player but others we might pay less, the new £2 charge and raffle was done to make it fairer I suppose
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the first time it's happened, I got two numbers......but no prize as I got the two lucky stars without any main numbers.......:D
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    Yipeee £2.70 :) . Only £6.30 down :(

I won £2.80 on Tuesday's draw - but I didn't let it change me ;)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't me, Even if It was me I wouldn't tell anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Not me but I did get £8.80 for matching 3 numbers and the lucky star.
  • Options
    aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me but I did get £8.80 for matching 3 numbers and the lucky star.

That's the same as my dad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you guys woke up from your dream.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Statistically a registered DS forum user did win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, But I was think that money would only be enough to buy a house, kit it out, buy a car, pay for uni for your kids and live of the rest for a while.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not me im afraid. would you still post on ds if you were a millionare?
  • Options
    dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely do the lotto, may be 3-4 times per year, doing 5 lines I thought I might of even got 1 number, got damn all. I'll never be a gambler.