Stella Series 3

RobRob Posts: 4,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Didn't this start last night? I missed it if so. :(

Comments

• Allan_MorseAllan_Morse Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Excellent as usual,looking forward to the sparks between Stella and the bloke next door.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere to watch it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to watch it?

it's available to watch on Sky Go
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed it, as always.

But I will be gutted if Dai, Paula, Nadine and Karl aren't in it.
  • Evs814Evs814 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I spotted Nadine in the titles so hopefully she will be along later. Probably my favourite character after Daddy.
  • Dixie78Dixie78 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it, as always.

But I will be gutted if Dai, Paula, Nadine and Karl aren't in it.

It has Dai and Paula Kosh as past characters on Wikipedia
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about her Ex who lives in Canada. Has he gone as well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Too many characters out of it this series. If the main characters are missing maybe it would have been finish on a high. I thought last nights episode was disappointing and a bit silly:(
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    strewth wrote: »
    Too many characters out of it this series. If the main characters are missing maybe it would have been finish on a high. I thought last nights episode was disappointing and a bit silly:(

Just caught up with this now and agree with you, would like to see more regulars , and as for the new characters , I do not like
    Auntie Brendas daughter
    pointless if you ask me
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed it
  • Dixie78Dixie78 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    strewth wrote: »

I was looking at the 2 babies playing, and if it was supposed to be 2 years later, they don't really seem to have grown very much?
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine is in this series as there was an article o
    In WalesOnline today
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too much Stella in this series, the way she behaves in the hospital is appalling. Auntie Brenda's daughter must be the worst scripted and acted character in soap history, and Auntie Brenda runs her close.

Stella's sons - boring, who cares if he smokes, and the big lad's storyline is so predictable with his down in the mouth girlfriend. Bobby and Daddy whilst OK in small doses are no longer funny enough without Paula to bounce off. And how long will it be before the salon owner hits on poor Emma.

Steve Speirs cannot carry the lot on his shoulders and poor Patrick Baladi is completely lost in the melee. There are no strong characters such as Dai and Paula Kosh, who along with Karl Morris, Rob Morgan and Rory Girvan have all been written out.

I am so disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Steve Speirs cannot carry the lot on his shoulders and poor Patrick Baladi is completely lost in the melee. There are no strong characters such as Dai and Paula Kosh, who along with Karl Morris, Rob Morgan and Rory Girvan have all been written out.

I am so disappointed.

For Rory Girvan read Sunil. Sorry :kitty:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still watching and laughing, but I can't help missing a lot of the 'past' characters.
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I'm not laughing much anymore. Stella herself is really beginning to irritate me. Would anyone really employ someone as irresponsible as her as a nurse? If they did, then the NHS really is in trouble.

All her children are no-hopers, small in ambition and seeming to lack any drive or energy. What stops the eldest lad from going further afield for a job, or training for one? As for his hangdog girlfriend :o Even the youngest, who last series seemed to have a spark is going to the bad.

If you are bright and/or an achiever - you are not a nice person in this series. Which is patently rubbish.
    I think we are supposed to laugh with the antics of the sorely oppressed, but as most of this oppression is self inflicted I don't find it particularly funny.
    I'm not really into the celebration of idiocy, so I think I shall be giving this a miss from now on.
  • djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its certainly lost 'something' still no major storylines occuring yet and now two episodes in Id rather have an idea where things are going. But can surely guess Stella and the posh next door neighbour (or are they leading us up the garden path and she ends up with the big fat chap?) not bothered about Lennie coming out of prison, funeral stuff is just boring and hospital stuff has already served its purpose!

I'll stick with it but I wonder if the scriptwriters were under pressure to rush out this third season? It doesn't seem to be the 'must see' watch it once was!
  • RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it still. The whole point of the show is an exaggeration of valleys' life and the characters within it, that's how sitcoms work. Nothing's changed in that regard in my opinion. If you don't get that, maybe you wouldn't find it funny.

Aunty Brenda is my favourite character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robboman wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it still. The whole point of the show is an exaggeration of valleys' life and the characters within it, that's how sitcoms work. Nothing's changed in that regard in my opinion. If you don't get that, maybe you wouldn't find it funny.

Aunty Brenda is my favourite character.

Exaggeration? :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know they have really jumped the shark when they bring back the donkey in the house.:kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know they have really jumped the shark when they bring back the donkey in the house.:kitty:

Donkey is new. Horse lived there before.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not enjoying this series as much.
    Some missing characters and the undertakers story is not funny
  • jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the majority - I am from the valleys but this series is becoming hard to watch - have considered switching off. Sorry Ruth, the humour is few and far between - the cast are all great actors but the scripts are letting this down.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure on the new series to start with, as others have said, a lot of the main characters have left, however it has grown on me, I really enjoyed last week episode, although the teacher/nurse is very annoying.

Really liking Big Alan and his new lady friend.

I was quite pleased to hear it's getting a 4th series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Why has Stella gone back to blonde hair when everyone said (and she did) how lovely she looked as a brunette?