The Widower...Thanks for the Spoiler

eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,791
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So Coronation Street finishes and the bloody annoying announcer tells us "The Widower" is next: "A man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants".
Ok, maybe I am wrong but everything I saw up to now suggested this was a whodunit/thriller type thing.
So I know it's him already!

Comments

• stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    So Coronation Street finishes and the bloody annoying announcer tells us "The Widower" is next: "A man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants".
    Ok, maybe I am wrong but everything I saw up to now suggested this was a whodunit/thriller type thing.

:confused: No, it didn't!
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch Silk then
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »

But its based on a true story. What do you want them to do, change the ending....
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a true story, no whodunnit.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloke playing the lead is a dead ringer for Dexter Koh from Big Brother....it's very distracting :blush:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bad then.
    I didn't know it was based in a well known case where everyone knew who the killer was.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reese shearsmith of league of gentlemen yes I agree he is abit never noticed before now
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    The bloke playing the lead is a dead ringer for Dexter Koh from Big Brother....it's very distracting :blush:

That's Reece Shearsmith - one of the brilliant League of Gentleman and recently a writer and star of "Inside Number 9". This is the first non-comedic role I've seen him play. I was worried I'd keep seeing Judee Levinson! Of course, his comedy roles have all been rather dark so I know he can pull off "creepy" fantastically well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    That's Reece Shearsmith - one of the brilliant League of Gentleman and recently a writer and star of "Inside Number 9". This is the first non-comedic role I've seen him play. I was worried I'd keep seeing Judee Levinson! Of course, his comedy roles have all been rather dark so I know he can pull off "creepy" fantastically well.

He's rather convincing as Judee :o
  • CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never realised this was a true story till he crashed off the road there. remembered it from... was it last year the case was on the news?
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :o The Swine!!!!!!
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Well, I don't know the case, neither here nor there for me.
    Didn't know this was on/coming up either, just spotted on the schedule.

This is quite good, it would probably be better if I wasn't faffing about cooking/eating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else finding the sound on this really quiet?

I'm having to turn up the volume much louder than usual...then of course the ads come blaring on >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

This is quite good, it would probably be better if I wasn't faffing about cooking/eating.

It's good
    Anyone else finding the sound on this really quiet?

I'm having to turn up the volume much louder than usual...then of course the ads come blaring on >:(

I turned it up at the beginning as it seemed really quiet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    I turned it up at the beginning as it seemed really quiet.

Ah good, glad it isn't just my TV!
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You didn't know it was coming up!

There have been endless trailers.

What an evil get he was!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol just typed in the number plate for the car into google and this "came up"

Saw the W as an M, for some reason. :blush:

http://www.universalsemensales.com/node/9940
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth did he get away with telling the first guy there was nobody else in the car whilst being perfectly coherent then changing the story to the passing couple whilst pretending to be dazed presumably just a few minutes later?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ2 wrote: »
    lol just typed in the number plate for the car into google and this "came up"

Saw the W as an M, for some reason. :blush:

http://www.universalsemensales.com/node/9940

What a find! :o:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a find! :o:D:D

She's preggers. :O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How on earth did he get away with telling the first guy there was nobody else in the car whilst being perfectly coherent then changing the story to the passing couple whilst pretending to be dazed presumably just a few minutes later?

I thought that as soon as he said it but at the grave that he visited later after his next marriage he blamed 'confusion' for not knowing what people were asking him just after the crash.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is what I was thinking
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    I thought that as soon as he said it but at the grave that he visited later after his next marriage he blamed 'confusion' for not knowing what people were asking him just after the crash.
    I noted that but he was far too coherent with the first guy for that to be believed, yet it must have been. Unless it's one of the pieces written for the programme. If so it didn't really work.
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is unbelievable that he got away with this for so long. He has just dropped his appeal in the last couple of days, he was still trying to deny everything, evil sod.
  • MarkrenMarkren Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wth???