Options

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Mrs. T. is big on the food utensil references. In fact, last night in a rewatch of S3 E5, when she talked to Louisa about Carrie Wilson, she said (from memory, so it may not be an exact quote, but it's close), "All men are alike. If it's put out there on a plate, they grab a knife and fork."

Favorite line? There are so many, but here's one of the best of the best: "Osteoporosis and sex on kitchen tables don't mix."

I so agree, Biff, with the best of the best of that line. But, just to slightly emend what DM said: "Osteoporosis and sexual intercourse on kitchen tables don't mix."

A doctor would naturally use the full proper term to his patient. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Mrs. T. is big on the food utensil references. In fact, last night in a rewatch of S3 E5, when she talked to Louisa about Carrie Wilson, she said (from memory, so it may not be an exact quote, but it's close), "All men are alike. If it's put out there on a plate, they grab a knife and fork."

Favorite line? There are so many, but here's one of the best of the best: "Osteoporosis and sex on kitchen tables don't mix."

Biff - I think the delivery of that line is what really nails it. This is one of my favorites also.
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How wonderful would that have been! Of course, in my fevered brain, she did set up a tiny spy camera, and the images are rolling right now.

Bulgarian internet masterminds. Uh huh. ;)

Biffpup, well said. I think we've all got it rolling. Ahhhh, thank heaven for our imaginations!:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    How wonderful would that have been! Of course, in my fevered brain, she did set up a tiny spy camera, and the images are rolling right now.

Bulgarian internet masterminds. Uh huh. ;)

Sorry - my mind went immediately to the the shower scene in Dirty Tricks - OH YEAH

One of my favorite Martin Clunes lines -
    JG - I'll scream
    MC - I hope so!!!!

I would!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    ReneeBird wrote: »

For those of you who haven't seen this yet, I recommend it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    You MUST get to see William & Mary...

Thanks, Blue-Eyes. I'll make a point of finding it.
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Blue-Eyes. I'll make a point of finding it.

William and Mary is sooooo nice. You will like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    William and Mary is sooooo nice. You will like it.

Thank you, Mofromco. I just found a way to watch and clicked on the first few minutes, but will save it for later when I have more time. I already love it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six interesting new spoiler-ish photos of filming are at the FB spoilers page. Each link contains three photos so use the next or previous button at upper right.

Thank you, Connie.

We don't know exactly what's happening, but still, better safe than sorry:
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree with your assessment of the two women.

Isn't the realization that it would be unfair of her to marry ME with the desire or intention of changing him the stated reason (by CC) that LG did not go through with the S3 wedding?

And I do remember hearing or reading that MC said about S6 something to the effect that they had learned to be a bit more tolerant of each other and it made sense to try again (to get them together).

So I don't put Louisa in the same league as Edith in these stakes. But also, I don't dislike Edith at all -- I think if MC had not found LG and really fallen in love, he might have been quite comfortable in a renewed relationship with Edith.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    Isn't the realization that it would be unfair of her to marry ME with the desire or intention of changing him the stated reason (by CC) that LG did not go through with the S3 wedding?

And I do remember hearing or reading that MC said about S6 something to the effect that they had learned to be a bit more tolerant of each other and it made sense to try again (to get them together).

So I don't put Louisa in the same league as Edith in these stakes. But also, I don't dislike Edith at all -- I think if MC had not found LG and really fallen in love, he might have been quite comfortable in a renewed relationship with Edith.

A fresh approach to Edith--this is intriguing...I would venture to say that while he may have been comfortable in a renewed relationship/marriage with Edith, in the long run he would not be fulfilled or content. Martin and Edith would forever remain a brittle, unemotional, bloodless (?) couple with brilliant careers and little else. It is his dissimilarity to Lousia that is causing the excrutiating tension that we enjoy so much. (Not saying anything new; this seems to be an ongoing theme here.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone, I found this on instagram
    Beware it does contain a spoiler...

http://statigr.am/p/498985096788574223_13664863

So I know Louisa gets a bruised cheek and also hurts her arm, this might be the doc seeing her off in the morning with JH? Telling her not to work that day maybe? I do like seeing the Doc holding JH :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I found this on instagram
    Beware it does contain a spoiler...

http://statigr.am/p/498985096788574223_13664863

So I know Louisa gets a bruised cheek and also hurts her arm, this might be the doc seeing her off in the morning with JH? Telling her not to work that day maybe? I do like seeing the Doc holding JH :D
    YAY, thanks for that! I figured eventually we'd see some more photos of Louisa with bruise and arm in sling and might be better able to figure it out. Wow, JH looks BIG in Doc's arms! A growing boy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some more photos just posted at the FB fan page.
    There's one of CC/LG with the bruised cheek. The person who posted the photos said it was make-up. There also are some of Doc in new tie. He looks so nice! Several photos, so use "next" button.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151727804545804&set=gm.10151784547931660&type=1&theater
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »

I find it fascinating how there is a spectrum of opinion regarding Edith. I don't necessarily hate her either. I do, however, find her pathetic and as "emotionally stunted" as ME is/was. Being in a relationship with her may have been fine 20 years ago may have been fine as she manipulated him. When in Med School reality is skewed.

As we watch the series go on, however, our Doc is evolving, his Haemophobia being the first catalyst...totally independent of Port Wenn, Louisa or anyone. Much to his chagrin, he doesn't understand it and is angry at it. I would postulate that it is the start of new perceptions and a search for the meaning of love and relationship vis a vis his miserable childhood .

Life with Edith might go on but there would be no emotional progress. Edith is cold, self centered and predatory....angular in her appearance and demeanor. Louisa is warm, kind, and nurturing. That is the person that ME seeks. Almost the opposite of how he appears to be...though we know there are some incidents which prove that he does actually have a tender side.

Now that's a lot of psychobabble and I'm a Pediatrician and not a Psychiatrist. DM is just so thought provoking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very clever and--Cute!
    For those of you who haven't seen this yet, I recommend it!

You are too kind, Last Romantic! I had already done one, but I kept thinking of different things to add. I still do, if I just had my daughters stethoscope. :rolleyes:
    Can you find the one thing that really doesn't belong? I couldn't help it, I just had to include one! :p
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Sorry - my mind went immediately to the the shower scene in Dirty Tricks - OH YEAH

One of my favorite Martin Clunes lines -
    JG - I'll scream
    MC - I hope so!!!!

I would!!!

Oh yeah! Loved that line - almost seemed like something MC would ad-lib. I absolutely LOVED his performance in that movie. He just played such a cheeky character. You knew he was really a very bad boy, but he would just look a that camera and attempt to look so angelic. He WAS pretty naughty, but he was also a victim of circumstances for most of the story. A really fun one to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DM to LG: "Louisa, you're looking.... right thru me."

DM to LG: "Louisa, you look.... busy."

LG to DM (in his dream): "Martin... (she licks his nose) I need you."

DM to the villagers (any villager): "What is it with you people???"

LG to DM, while she is in labor: "Martin, ah, ah, come... here!"

DM to LG: "Louisa, I was wrong about you, about London, about everything!"

DM to LG and Mrs. T: "And I do hate Portwenn; the people with their pinched faces and their odd accents, and the way they spread contagion for a five mile radius like a bushfire! But none of that matters for you're here and it's where I want to be!" and to LG alone: "And I do love you."
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fresh approach to Edith--this is intriguing...I would venture to say that while he may have been comfortable in a renewed relationship/marriage with Edith, in the long run he would not be fulfilled or content. Martin and Edith would forever remain a brittle, unemotional, bloodless (?) couple with brilliant careers and little else. It is his dissimilarity to Lousia that is causing the excrutiating tension that we enjoy so much. (Not saying anything new; this seems to be an ongoing theme here.)

I do agree -- Louisa is the growth option, or as some would say (have said) offers the chance for "redemption."
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some more photos just posted at the FB fan page.
    There's one of CC/LG with the bruised cheek. The person who posted the photos said it was make-up. There also are some of Doc in new tie. He looks so nice! Several photos, so use "next" button.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151727804545804&set=gm.10151784547931660&type=1&theater

There is another group taken today I think. I had noticed on the posting that they would be filming for three full days at Bert's Restaurant and the steps leading down to the beach.
    I thought that seemed like a lot of filming in one spot, but it looks like a big party stretching from the restaurant, down the steps and on the beach. Almost looks like a wedding reception - we still haven't figured out who is involved in that 2nd wedding.

I wonder if this will be the final scenes for S6? Wonder how they could end this series in a nice way? Maybe Doc and Louisa canoodling on the dance floor so we all know everything will be good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I trust you have all seen Louisa with her arm in a sling and a cut on her face. I remember seeing on FB that someone saw DM speeding off in his car and hits a van. then he jumps over the bonnet and yells "i haven't got time for this!".
    Do you think this has something to do with Louisa being hurt? Or perhaps she was hurt during the school sports day or just a normal day at school. I like the thought I Martin being protective of her and looking after her arm.
    How Louisa got the arm thing?
    a) Surfing accident
    b) Took a spill leaving the castle
    c) Lost a fight with Martin's mother
    d) Tripped over Dodger
    e) Knocked over like a bowling pin by Bert
    f) Sexual high jinks with the Doc
    g) Beat Edith at arm wrestling, but it wasn't easy
    I like the thought of Doc looking after Louisa also. And, this will mean Doc's going to have to hold JH and do more with him (not that he doesn't already, but more won't hurt! Statesidefan, these are all so funny. I like the next to last one, it's my favorite!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    I like the thought of Doc looking after Louisa also. And, this will mean Doc's going to have to hold JH and do more with him (not that he doesn't already, but more won't hurt! Statesidefan, these are all so funny. I like the next to last one, it's my favorite!
    I don't have any idea what happened to Louisa but I can say that the sling she has on is pretty rubbish...more likely done by a first aid provider, not by the Doc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Interesting you should refer to them as a "bloodless" couple. Blood comes into this in several ways. The Doc essentially got his blood up to have a longterm sexual relationship with Edith. And, with his hemophobia, am I right that blood and emotions/caring/feelings were related? So when he vomited it was a reaction to the sight or smell of blood - and blood represented caring about people? Consequently I'm curious: if he's conquered his blood phobia, what does that mean about his ability to acknowledge and process his feelings?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Alleviating his blood phobia so that he could return to surgery could be done with a course of cognitive therapy. In my opinion, he needs psychoanalysis to address his emotional issues. I think one reason for his dark nature in Season 5 was that he was overwhelmed by the emotional changes in his life caused by the baby. It will be interesting to see how he bears up under the emotional strains of the changes we who read the spoilers know are coming in season 6.
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    DM to LG: "Louisa, you're looking.... right thru me."

DM to LG: "Louisa, you look.... busy."

LG to DM (in his dream): "Martin... (she licks his nose) I need you."

DM to the villagers (any villager): "What is it with you people???"

LG to DM, while she is in labor: "Martin, ah, ah, come... here!"

DM to LG: "Louisa, I was wrong about you, about London, about everything!"

DM to LG and Mrs. T: "And I do hate Portwenn; the people with their pinched faces and their odd accents, and the way they spread contagion for a five mile radius like a bushfire! But none of that matters for you're here and it's where I want to be!" and to LG alone: "And I do love you."

Rob, you've definitely hit on some of my faves, too.
This discussion has been closed.