Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but I spent part of my lunch break reading comments on the channel & I was a little shocked by some of them.
    I'm presuming the majority are from teenagers who are in "lurve" with their idol & nothing wrong with that, most of us had crushes on pop stars when we were growing up.

What alarmed me (and I'm trying to think of a polite way to put this) was the general lack of intelligence amongst them.

It would be wrong of me to class all teenagers the same, therefore I can't help but wonder if Pete attracts fans who have a lower than average IQ.

I appreciate this could come across as offensive but I certainly don't intend it to be, it was merely an observation.

Well It's my opinion too, BEL, based on what I've read.

He does seem to attract a certain type of fanage. I find some of the comments pretty disturbing. Whether they're a reflection of his fanbase or not, I don't know, but he seems quite happy to appeal to the lowest common denominator so....
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

He does seem to attract a certain type of fanage. I find some of the comments pretty disturbing. Whether they're a reflection of his fanbase or not, I don't know, but he seems quite happy to appeal to the lowest common denominator so....

The comments seem to sway mostly towards the silly "I love you, your my hero, please phone me" etc but I have read a few where the posters definitely appear to have serious problems & they sadly think PA can help them, when in fact a visit to their GP would be far more beneficial.

If I was a teenager & my favourite pop star had a set up like this going, the most I would have posted would have been, I love your new album or something along those lines but their does seem to be a distinct lack of "normal" comments, which does lead me to the conclusion, it is indeed a reflection of his fanbase.:confused:
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about us, we'll still get plenty of use out of our plastic, also I'm thinking if PA no longer feels the need to prance about in his ridiculous costumes, that leaves a gap in the market.
    Hmmm I wonder if CP would consider adding Mr BEL to her client list.

Slightly off topic but I spent part of my lunch break reading comments on the channel & I was a little shocked by some of them.
    I'm presuming the majority are from teenagers who are in "lurve" with their idol & nothing wrong with that, most of us had crushes on pop stars when we were growing up.

What alarmed me (and I'm trying to think of a polite way to put this) was the general lack of intelligence amongst them.

It would be wrong of me to class all teenagers the same, therefore I can't help but wonder if Pete attracts fans who have a lower than average IQ.

I appreciate this could come across as offensive but I certainly don't intend it to be, it was merely an observation.
    lexi22 wrote: »

It is rather odd isn't it?
    I know it would be easy to make a fatuous comment about how someone would have to be stupid to like PA in the first place, but the posters on BBCAndre do make me wonder.
    Surely not ALL the people who like PA can be as dim and incoherent as they seem to be.
    The only FM I can think of who OPENLY admitted to liking PA was momma - and she was neither unintelligent nor illiterate.
    There certainly do seem to be plenty of teenagers who appear to lurve PA, but there are also plenty of grown women.:confused:
    There's nothing inherently wrong with having a soppy crush on someone (and I've had a crush on the same person for 20-odd years, so I'm hardly in a position to mock anyone) but the nature of many of the comments are quite worrying.
    The infantile bilge in itself is probably reasonably harmless, but when it leads to people posting questions of a genuinely worrying nature, it's just not funny any more.

@BEL - if you carry on with your Pezza obsession for much longer I think I may be forced to apply for some kind of protective order for poor Mr BEL.
    Dressing him up in hilarious outfits is all well and good, but you can't possibly inflict CP on the poor bloke.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is rather odd isn't it?
    I know it would be easy to make a fatuous comment about how someone would have to be stupid to like PA in the first place, but the posters on BBCAndre do make me wonder.
    Surely not ALL the people who like PA can be as dim and incoherent as they seem to be.
    The only FM I can think of who OPENLY admitted to liking PA was momma - and she was neither unintelligent nor illiterate.
    There certainly do seem to be plenty of teenagers who appear to lurve PA, but there are also plenty of grown women.:confused:
    There's nothing inherently wrong with having a soppy crush on someone (and I've had a crush on the same person for 20-odd years, so I'm hardly in a position to mock anyone) but the nature of many of the comments are quite worrying.
    The infantile bilge in itself is probably reasonably harmless, but when it leads to people posting questions of a genuinely worrying nature, it's just not funny any more.

@BEL - if you carry on with your Pezza obsession for much longer I think I may be forced to apply for some kind of protective order for poor Mr BEL.
    Dressing him up in hilarious outfits is all well and good, but you can't possibly inflict CP on the poor bloke.:(

Agree! (BIB)

Listen if it pays our mortgage off quicker, he'll get in that plastic suit, get on that stage & strut his stuff with CP glaring from the sidelines.

Jeez if Mr BEL saw what I was saying about him he'd be like "WTF":eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree! (BIB)

Listen if it pays our mortgage off quicker, he'll get in that plastic suit, get on that stage & strut his stuff with CP glaring from the sidelines.

Jeez if Mr BEL saw what I was saying about him he'd be like "WTF":eek::D

That poor, poor man.:(
    (Having said that, could you at least send me a signed copy of the Mr BEL calendar 2014 - I can't seem to get the image of him in his finery out of my head:o).
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting patiently for the new fragrance:

Blue Eyed Lady (fragrance for her)
    Blue Eyed Laddie (fragrance for him)

Come on BEL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (Having said that, could you at least send me a signed copy of the Mr BEL calendar 2014 - I can't seem to get the image of him in his finery out of my head:o).

Not a problem Azura.;)
    I must hunt down 11 more outfits, he can't wear the plastic for each month.

You do realise the background will more than likely be Blackpool, CP is unlikely to cough up for an all expenses paid trip to Dubai, not this year anyway.........
  • Options
    Forum Member

Come on BEL!

Patience please;)

I don't want Mr BEL turning into an egomaniac, concerts & calendars is all he'll be doing for the forseeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on BEL!

:D
    Nice.
    Is it too much to hope for Bezza doll?
    Not a problem Azura.;)
    I must hunt down 11 more outfits, he can't wear the plastic for each month.

You do realise the background will more than likely be Blackpool, CP is unlikely to cough up for an all expenses paid trip to Dubai, not this year anyway.........

I'm not fussed about the background tbh.:o
    You will make sure there is at least one month where Mr BEL re-enacts the famous "getting out of a swimming pool" pose.
    (I'm sure you can improvise with a paddling pool until Mr BEL becomes a global sensation).
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How about a sneaky peak at Misters Jan through May?

http://gimps-n-pimps.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/gimps.jpg

Try and stay calm ladies ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D
    Nice.
    Is it too much to hope for Bezza doll?

I'm not fussed about the background tbh.:o
    You will make sure there is at least one month where Mr BEL re-enacts the famous "getting out of a swimming pool" pose.
    (I'm sure you can improvise with a paddling pool until Mr BEL becomes a global sensation).

Yes!! In fact no, I quite fancy retiring early & becoming a lady who lunches:D

:D:D
    I'm sure we have an old paddling pool in the garage, rehearsals will commence shortly:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    How about a sneaky peak at Misters Jan through May?

http://gimps-n-pimps.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/gimps.jpg

Try and stay calm ladies ;)

It's a fat Pete in the middle:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a fat Pete in the middle:eek:

It could be a meeting of the ex Mr Prices in about 2035

From L to R - Leo, Alex, Pete, Kev, Bowers :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be a meeting of the ex Mr Prices in about 2035

From L to R - Leo, Alex, Pete, Kev, Bowers :p

:D:D Sometimes I really love this thread!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura's star
    Do you think all those posts are genuine on Andres site? And what qualifications does he have to be giving advice to people
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could be his twin ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jeez Blondie - I hope your laptop never breaks down.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you have to try to explain your search history to some techy at PC World.
    Azura's star
    Do you think all those posts are genuine on Andres site? And what qualifications does he have to be giving advice to people

1.Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling they are genuine.
    2.Bugger all.
    ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jesus lord god almighty. It's like a Mystic Sal glimpse into the future.

Judge me all you like but that's a Pete I could like. :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez Blondie - I hope your laptop never breaks down.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you have to try to explain your search history to some techy at PC World.
    '
    What, you mean 'fat gimp Peter Andre lookslike in mankini' isn't something everyone types into google? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

That man must be found:eek:

I bet he's totally oblivious to the fact he is PA's fat twin! Tissues at the ready for when they reunite on Long Lost Families:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura's star

C'mon Betty. Lighten up. He has no qualifications for anything as you well know. Why pretend you're shocked, why not just read and laugh (or weep, whichever?) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bet he's totally oblivious to the fact he is PA's fat twin! Tissues at the ready for when they reunite on Long Lost Families:cry:

I'd love them to meet. Pete would be all like 'mate, that's so great' and pretending to laugh but really thinking 'you utter b*stards, how could you do this to DOTY?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    '
    What, you mean 'fat gimp Peter Andre lookslike in mankini' isn't something everyone types into google? :confused:

Not since the restraining order kicked in, no.:o

Well he's hardly going to be difficult to spot in that outfit.
    How about making this Mr BEL's July ensemble?
    Could be his twin ;)

More like triplets BB.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love them to meet. Pete would be all like 'mate, that's so great' and pretending to laugh but really thinking 'you utter b*stards, how could you do this to DOTY?'

Oh yes I've seen him do the fake smile through gritted teeth many a time, it won't be a problem for him when "fat twin" makes his surprise appearance;)
    Not since the restraining order kicked in, no.:o

Well he's hardly going to be difficult to spot in that outfit.
    How about making this Mr BEL's July ensemble?

More like triplets BB.;)

But that's his holiday gear Azura so it's going to be slightly trickier to find him in his day to day clothes:confused:

We did discuss the illuminous green but we've settled on a pink, sequenced mankini, try & reach out to his gay fans.
This discussion has been closed.