if you could have any doctor back who would it be?

jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
if you could have any doctor back in a multi dr special who would it be and why ? also which drs would you like to interact and in which scenarios would you like them to meet?

it can be any scenario and any dr :) there are no limits.

Comments

• sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    if you could have any doctor back who would it be and why ? also which drs would you like to interact and in which scenarios would you like them to meet?

I honestly would never want that to happen.

However, I would like to have a televised version of Eight's adventures.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul mcgann. Such a good actor, so much potential, so little screen time.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    I honestly would never want that to happen.

However, I would like to have a televised version of Eight's adventures.

Sorry :) i meant if you could have any of them in multi dr story :)
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Sorry :) i meant if you could have any of them in multi dr story :)

Ah! Well, in that case I would definitely want Eight back. Contraversially, I'd want 7 too (my Doctor from my youth...). And 4 and 11 to have more time together, and properly!

I think they'd all be different enough to create real friction and a great story...
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A series of a few 5 minute webisodes featuring Paul McGann leading up to NotD would be brilliant. I'd say maybe 10 webisodes?..... Realistically though maybe 5.... Pessimistic realistically it probably won't happen :cry:
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Eight - with no hesitation.

McGann is such a good actor, he is a pleasure to watch whatever he is in, and I'd love the chance to see some of the eighth Doctor's audio adventures televised.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised no-one's mentioned Christopher Eccleston. :o That's who I wouId have back if I could. He was only in one series, and IMO that's not enough. He should have done another series.

Maybe have CE back as the Doctor for one more series, but have it set just after The War Doctor has changed into CE. Then end that series with CE's Doctor's Tardis arriving in London, just prior to meeting Rose for the first time. It would be so great to watch.

Ooh, I do hope that CE gives in and does this! :D

Also, I would very much like to see Paul McGann back as the Eighth Doctor, with some of his BF Audios turned into TV stories. The Lucie Miller ones would be great to see. :cool: I have a crush on Sheridan Smith. I have done, ever since I first saw her In Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, nearly 14 years ago. :)

Lastly, the Doctors I would like to see in a multi-Doctor story are the Eighth Doctor and Ninth Doctor. Paul and Chris would be 'fantastic' to see together on-screen. :D
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    More Tenth. Always more Tenth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McGann, without a second thought as much as I liked Tom Baker I do believe McGann deserves his own special at the very least.

It would be fantastic to see him properly in action as the doctor, besides he deserves it too.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul McGann, I'd love another series of Christopher Eccleston and one more of Matt Smith.

While love the classic Doctors I feel most of them got a decent run at things - yes one more series of Sylvester might have had potential I don't feel that his run was cut very short.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McGann for a spin-off series: The Time War.

Tom Baker for a few specials. (I love him, but he is getting old.)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it were practically possible, I'd have the First and Second Doctors back, especially the First to cast a stern eye on all his successors.

I'd also have the 4th just to see how he interacts with other Doctor's. The 5th because's my fave and the 6th just to prove a point that he isn't as bad as people think he is.

On a realistic level, definitely have the Eighth Doctor back. Listening to the Audios, he really could have been an awesome Doctor onscreen full time.

:)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I guess the 8th Doctor is the most obvious - a chance to expand Paul's position in the Whoniverse, especially if they included Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.

I personally think the 'War Doctor' is done - I think it would hurt his very specific role in the Doctor's life if they started to bring him into mainstream continuity.

I personally would also love to see Colin Baker return - perhaps not even as the Doctor, but as another duplicate (Commander Maxil, Princess Astra, Caecilius/John Frobisher etc).

And there would be something very interesting about having Tom reappear every now and again, just at crucial moments, as the curator.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a multi-Doctor story I'd love to see McGann Davison and Tennant they're my favorites for different reasons.

The idea of McGann doing a few webisodes is interesting but I don't think it can really be done now as it would take away from any impact the new Doctor has.
    It's a shame we didn't see more of him though as I personally think he's the best actor we've had in the role even better than Hurt for me.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see Colin Baker back. He deserves a second chance to play the Doctor. I know he's only just left but I'd love to see Eleven back. I think his run was wasted.

I would like to see more of Eight's adventures, I think the audios are fantastic.

I would happily never see Four or Ten again.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Gemma Corwyn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you could have any doctor back in a multi dr special who would it be and why ? also which drs would you like to interact and in which scenarios would you like them to meet?

it can be any scenario and any dr :) there are no limits.

Colin Baker and give him his real second series like it should have been! I would bring back from the dead kate O Mara & Anthony Ainsley as well!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantasy: William Hartnell. Just because he sadly didn't really have a proper return, unlike Patrick, who had three post Sixties stories. Billy boy was brilliant.

Reality: McGann, because he had so little screen time, and is a fine actor. David and the estimable Mr Smith obviously welcome any time....but not for a while, eh. It's all about Capaldi for the foreseeable. Excited and relatively spoiler free for 23rd August...

Edit. I liked Chris too, btw. But his return is probably going to fall into the 'fantasy' bracket!
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First and foremost, Paul McGann, but I'd really like to see all of the living Classic Doctors return.

Eccleston and Hurt are tricky, since neither seem in a great hurry to return. Like the Doctor, they just move on.

I actually wouldn't mind a younger actor taking on the mantle of the War Doctor, as long as they could do a convincing emulation of a young John Hurt.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like i said earlier David and Matt are givens for future returns :)

David is a whovian and adores the show and without his time on who i don't think we would be getting the roles he is now so goes for Matt (No offense to either of them btw) i think as along as schedules permit they would do it without a doubt :) and Chris has said he would return for the 100th (why he didn't just do the 50th is beyond me but i respect him for his decision regardless)

so i think a 9?,10,11,12 Story is a given for the future as well if the BBC decide to give it us in a few yrs time :) even for the revival anniversary or even the 60th.

even though the Revival anniversary (if it does happen) is a bit short considering that David and Matt have both return and left respectively but im sure if the story is right and they would do it :)

i can just see (Spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the scripts that have leaked)
    11 making a comment on the Blackboards that 12 has set up in the TARDIS to do his equation and such on :D "ooh you have Blackboards in the TARDIS I think ill enjoy being you :D