Options

Edinburgh forums

SplotSplot Posts: 600
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there,

I have just moved to Edinburgh and wondered if anyone knows of any good online forums used by people around here? Just trying to get more of a feel for the place.

Comments

• Options
    deekisbluedeekisblue Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Get oot fi behind your pc and go for a walk aboot - it's a lovely day and Fair Edina looks braw - even more so than usual
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deekisblue wrote: »
    Get oot fi behind your pc and go for a walk aboot - it's a lovely day and Fair Edina looks braw - even more so than usual

Thanks for the advice! It's like a different country here today! Unfortunatley I'm not mobile at the moment so am spending a lot of time stuck in the house...just trying to cheer myself up by spending time of cyberspace and if there's a chance to make online friends with people locally I would rather do that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splot wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! It's like a different country here today! Unfortunatley I'm not mobile at the moment so am spending a lot of time stuck in the house...just trying to cheer myself up by spending time of cyberspace and if there's a chance to make online friends with people locally I would rather do that.

Just google Edinburgh forums and join a few. You can always deregister if you don't like them.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did Google for Edinburgh forums but I didn't find anything that looked interesting. Some of them seemed to be pretty dead too, with very few recent posts. I don't even know of a good general Scottish forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I did Google for Edinburgh forums but I didn't find anything that looked interesting. Some of them seemed to be pretty dead too, with very few recent posts. I don't even know of a good general Scottish forum.

Yeah that's what I found. Maybe we should start our own, lol.
  • Options
    _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    deekisblue wrote: »

Indeed. After work I went for a stroll along the shore to Cramond, very pleasant.
    Splot wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I found. Maybe we should start our own, lol.

Not a bad idea.