iPhone App Recommendations

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had mine for a week or so now and very happy. Got these so far ..

AppGratis
CityMapper
LiveScore (Had this on my old 3G)
AgentLocator (Locating Paypoint outlets - something i'm always trying to do..)
0800 Wizard
TVCatchup

Also bought the Pro version of Endomondo again, since I had it on Android and used it all the time.

Games wise, I'd bought some games when I had my 3G, so I got them again ..

Angry Birds
Amateur Surgeon
Fishing Kings
Cut The Rope

Also bought Monopoly yesterday and also got ..

Temple Run 1 & 2
Candy Crush
Tiny Tower (which i have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!)
Cubles

So .. any more ?

Comments

• DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently completely addicted to Banana Kong
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tetris
    Cluedo
    The sims 3
    Echo the dolphin
    Streets of rage
    Trivial pursuits
    Mortal combat
    Sonic 1
    Street fighter 4
    Fruit ninja
    battleships
    Cracking sands
    4OD
    ITV player
    Netflix
    BBC iplayer
    Demand 5
    Sky go
    Flipboard
    Spotify
    Audible
    National rail app
    Sky news
    Flixster
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice there's a standalone version of my all time favourite ZX Spectrum game "Chaos" on the app market, but the reviews all suggest it keeps crashing which is a shame as i'd certainly buy it.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky news- absolutely fantastic news app, use it every day to get an update on the news, always updates with the big head lines quickly.

Speedtest- check the speed of your data/wifi connections.

Tvguide

Shazam- checking what song is playing.

Jasmine- YouTube app which is better than the official one and you can watch HD quality on 3G connection( can't on official one)

My car check- check basic car info using reg number (free) pay to view ALOT more info on a car

Free music- free app that let's you download ANY (well everything I've searched) song for free, add the site mp3skull into the inbuilt web browser.

Cinema times- just that

HD wall papers- very good as ALL the wall papers are HD quality.

Itorch- torch

games

Ronnie o sullivans snooker(best snooker app out there).

High noon

Angry birds

GTA 3

Into the dead

Doodle jump

Street fighter 2 collection, £2.50 but well worth it if you used to play street fighter on the old Super Nintendo, exact port of this version, plays really well aswell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping because this thread is a bit anemic :)
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the Sunday Times app then download the Best Iphone Apps supplement. Its brilliant

Oh and the best of all is the Radio App TuneIn
  • SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flipboard, Sky Go, Sky sports results, speediest net
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the Sunday Times app then download the Best Iphone Apps supplement. Its brilliant

Might check that out, cheers.

I've got genius turned on in the app store so i'm going in to that every now and again to see if i can fine tune it to recommend some good things as well.
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you've included Rooted/None rooted for Android do you also want Jailbreak apps?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Nav free sat nav.Ebay,darts night,facebook,whatsapp are dome i like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incase you do want Jailbreak apps...........(Multitasking included ;) )

http://www.gizmag.com/best-cydia-apps/26065/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    As you've included Rooted/None rooted for Android do you also want Jailbreak apps?

Fair point actually - I didn't include that as I didn't (and probably still don't..) plan on Jailbreaking my phone.

But have at it .. I did jailbreak my original 3G and got a good ZX Spectrum emulator going on it.

You might convince me to Jailbreak if there's anything good - the number blacklist one is very tempting. It's the one feature i do miss from Android.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair point actually - I didn't include that as I didn't (and probably still don't..) plan on Jailbreaking my phone.

But have at it .. I did jailbreak my original 3G and got a good ZX Spectrum emulator going on it.

You might convince me to Jailbreak if there's anything good - the number blacklist one is very tempting. It's the one feature i do miss from Android.

I've put link to jailbreak apps above.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got fed up within a day of jailbreaking my 4S on 6.1, the things like vshare and app cake(like installous) would either not download or if it did download then it wouldnt work. Had no problems on ios 5xxx, nothing works on this jailbreak apart from cydia(which is the main thing) but dont expect to get everything you had on a ios 5 jailbreak because chances are you wont be able to, or not yet anyway as i found out

P.s i know its not new but i download CSR racing the other day and its fantastic especially for free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you use IGN they give away a free app a month, this months free app is Need for speed most wanted. Get it from the link no need to register just get it

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/needforspeed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    I've put link to jailbreak apps above.

There's definitely some good apps out there, but I still don't really want to at the moment. Not saying I never will, but I spent years flashing different roms onto android phones and I suppose I wanted a break from messing around.

The main thing that would probably make me jailbreak is getting some proper ad-blocking going while surfing, followed by a ZX Spectrum emulator I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    The apps I have are
    Tube map
    My fitness pal
    Nearest bus
    Argos
    Cineworld
    Imdb
    Torch
    Natwest app
    eBay
    Whatsapp
    Google maps
    Which I think are all useful my kids always download lots of games but I'm not really interested. I prefer practical apps