EE: I have a theory about nick

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
Forum Member
I personally would like nick to return but with DTC's love of surprises and also thinking back to storylines suh as the shock return of Steven Beale (I think DTC was involved in this) it's highly likely that nick is dead and there is some other twist coming.

I have a theory that maybe Charlie actually killed nick, and as he is police he is blackmailing the funeral guy... Also being police he would easily have access to personal info about nick such as his full name, mums address etc.

Don't know if this has been suggested but what do you guys think?

Comments

• radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's hardly blackmailing the undertaker, if he's just handed him a wad of cash.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Nick is really dead, I'll be so dissapointed. The only possibility after the final scenes of tonight's second episode is that he is still alive though. Can't see where else this could go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    He's hardly blackmailing the undertaker, if he's just handed him a wad of cash.

I beg your pardon... BRIBING him with money
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick is alive! I feel it in my bones! Can;t wait to here "Ello Ma" one more time. :p
  • enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll return unexpectedly. DTC knows fans would be guessing about him returning tonight and I think he was right to not have nick show up because it wouldn't be much of a shock return. I think nick will return but when Charlie slips up!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The undertaker appeared in ' Goodnight Sweetheart'. It'll be good too see John Altman return to play Nick. Also there could be a twist which could see Lucy Beale get killed by Nick?
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously Charlie could be involved with the killing of Lucy Beale?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would he be so bothered about Dot seeing the body then?

He was very clear that nobody could look inside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nick's murdered someone. Charlie has helped to cover it up by faking Nick's death and using the victim's body as "Nick".
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Why would he be so bothered about Dot seeing the body then?

He was very clear that nobody could look inside.

Who was in the coffin?
    Forum Member
    I think Nick's murdered someone. Charlie has helped to cover it up by faking Nick's death and using the victim's body as "Nick".

Now I think of it, this seems very plausible
  • enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Who was in the coffin?

Someone nick or Charlie murdered! Why else would Charlie not want dot to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Who was in the coffin?

We don't know yet. I'm guessing Nick's murder victim.

Or someone random dead homeless person.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's got to be something like this. Of course the real villain could be Charlie this time instead of Nick as he was never a clever man. Nick's plots were always childish and badly thought out, this is more elaborate which makes me think that Nick might have been used in this scam and paid off.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    The undertaker appeared in ' Goodnight Sweetheart'. It'll be good too see John Altman return to play Nick. Also there could be a twist which could see Lucy Beale get killed by Nick?

The spoilers said that Lucy
    goes to a flat to meet a potental tenant

and this is somehow involved with her death.
    I wonder if the potential tenant will turn out to be Nick Cotton using an alias, but Lucy recognises him from Dot's photo. He kills her when she threatens to tell her dad (and Dot) that he is still alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick has to be alive, who else would Charlie have called.

Let's just say Nick faked his death. How would that have got past the police, where Charlie works?

If Nick has faked his death, there's no reason for Charlie to now stay. They've succeeded there was no reason to bond with Dot.

is it for money, it looked like Charlie had more money than what he'd get from Dot.

It's strange but intriguing
  • Paul_Palmer89Paul_Palmer89 Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    The spoilers said that Lucy
    goes to a flat to meet a potental tenant

and this is somehow involved with her death.
    I wonder if the potential tenant will turn out to be Nick Cotton using an alias, but Lucy recognises him from Dot's photo. He kills her when she threatens to tell her dad (and Dot) that he is still alive.

Lucy would recognise him anyway as she lived on the same square as him
    Forum Member
    Which is interesting because now I think of it, if nick cotton is revealed to be the killer of Lucy Beale on the 30th anniversary, 30 years after he killed reg cox
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Charlie has used Nick and paid him off to cover something up. Remember Nick was never the brightest and he was always desperate for money.
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're thinking of Christopher Ettridge. The undertaker was played by Roger Sloman. Who played Rocky Wesson The Head Porter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The undertaker is from Bottom too. :D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

Wasn't the undertaker also the one who buried the babies in the baby swap storylines?

ps Roger Sloman was also in revamped Crossroads and in The Young Ones as the TV detector man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Wasn't the undertaker also the one who buried the babies in the baby swap storylines?

Yep. They've used him a few times. He was the one who Michael got to tell Jean that Stacey's dead.
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what Charlie said to the undertaker about not liking the fact he has to lie to Dot, maybe nick is blackmailing charlie into doing it or something
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Charlie isn't even Nicks son. Just some bloke Nick was in prison with. But I still don't get why the undertaker's involved.