DS World Cup Pro

fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
Forum Member
✭✭
Would anyone be interested in taking part in a fantasy football game for the world cup?

The way this works is unlike with most fantasy football games each player can only be in one team so only one person can have Messi, only one person can have Ronaldo etc. Makes the game much more enjoyable I think as we don't all end up with the same team by the end of the season.

The basics of how the game will work is there is an initial auction to pick your teams and then after that if you want to buy a player you have to negotiate a deal with the manager who currently owns him or you can buy a player from the free agent pool. Scoring points works the same as most fantasy football games.

Let me know on here if you're interested. I ran a similar game for Euro 2012 which a lot of you guys took part in and I think went really well. I've set up a league here and you can also have a more detailed look through the site to see how the game works.

Hoping to get a league of about 12-15 teams sorted :)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested!

It isd good to watch a match with something riding on it!
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does the auction work though ? Does everybody need to be around at the same time ?
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will give it a go fab.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give it another go. I enjoyed the Euro 2012 one.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does the auction work though ? Does everybody need to be around at the same time ?

Nope, assuming its the same as usual I will set a deadline for the first round of the auction and everyone just needs to make their bids online before that point. Once the deadline passes then all the players that have been won will be assigned to each team and we then make our 2nd round bids with a new deadline. This continues until everyone has a full squad.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be interested

Sounds good , fab
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like the site only lets you have a maximum of 16 managers per league so I'll fill the spots up on a first come first served basis. So far CTD101, Hutchy, JMTD, Bhavesh and Charlieparr have all PM'ed their interest.

If everyone could apply to join the league on the link I gave that'd be a real help.
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All signed up Fab
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Nope, assuming its the same as usual I will set a deadline for the first round of the auction and everyone just needs to make their bids online before that point. Once the deadline passes then all the players that have been won will be assigned to each team and we then make our 2nd round bids with a new deadline. This continues until everyone has a full squad.

I get it, just read it on the rules, so it is a secret auction that you bid for players in

I am in thanks, never done anything like this before so I think its safe to say I will have last place sewn up :D
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    All signed up Fab

Me too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed up

Cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get it, just read it on the rules, so it is a secret auction that you bid for players in

I am in thanks, never done anything like this before so I think its safe to say I will have last place sewn up :D

You may have competition :)

First time I've entered this type of game as well
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pending:)
  • charlieparrcharlieparr Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in :)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done here. I took part in the Euro 2012 competition and enjoyed it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 more spots left in this league, if there's enough people still interested I might set another one up. You'd need at least 8 or so people in a league for this format to work though.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pending, please let me join! :D:D
  • Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Sounds good Fab. I'm in (if there are places left).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    14 managers in now :).

Unless anyone has any objections I will probably set the first deadline to make our bids for around the 4\5th of June so its after all the squads have been finalised. It will probably take about 4 rounds to compete and I like to give about 2 days between rounds to give everyone chance to get online and make their bids.

Let me know if that time frame won't work for any of you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you decided on the structure yet for our teams ?

Formation/Budget and Max players from each Country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I know roughly what I want to do but I can't make specific plans until I know exactly how many teams will be in the league.

In essence more managers means less players from each country and smaller squads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Nope, I know roughly what I want to do but I can't make specific plans until I know exactly how many teams will be in the league.

In essence more managers means less players from each country and smaller squads.

True:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 more spot left in the league if there are any takers? If not I'll finalise everything and set a date for the first auction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The league is live!

I've set the deadline for the first auction of 2pm on the 5th of June, so plenty of time to get your bids in. For those new to the game let me know if there's anything you're unsure about on the website.

I've never done a league with more than 10 teams before so not sure how this'll go but the basic format I went for was 15 man squads where you can have at most 2 players from any one country. You have an auction budget of £100m (you need to be able to get an entire squad of players with this so don't spend it all on one player!). Anything you don't spend in the auction will be rolled over to the actual game and I've given you an extra £50m to spend on top of that.

The allowed formations are the standard 5-3-2, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Let me know if there's anything else you're unsure about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we actually make a bid ? I have tried, I think, but without success and what does tie order mean please ?