US womens-goalkeeper arrested for domestic violence

JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
Forum Member
✭✭
Police said the 32-year-old Olympic gold medallist appeared intoxicated and upset when they responded to reports of a disturbance at her home in Kirkland, where she was reportedly hosting a party.

Her sister and 17-year-old nephew were visibly injured, officers added.

Solo is being held in a local prison on two charges of domestic violence, according to the jail's registry.

http://www.itv.com/news/search/?q=Hope+solo

Comments

• O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Not looking good for her then... wonder what her fans will think.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's quite high profile in the States so there will be a lot of interest

if she has any previous , it's quite likely a custodial sentence will happen
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is Wayne Rooney getting the blame for it?
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,082
    Forum Member
    Shame, she looks like a keeper!

I'll grab my coat..
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame, she looks like a keeper!

I'll grab my coat..

Yes she's a bit of a... catch! Seems she's a bit...handy! Maybe she should play up front if she's such a good...striker!

(Can you get my coat as well please?)
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is probably the most high profile player in American soccer at the moment, and almost known as much as Marta, so this is a bit of a shock really.

I hope that she gets everything sorted, as she is a very good player.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her level of quality as a player should have no bearing on any legal issue.

Should Lee Hughes and Marlon King have been leniently treated because they were pretty good at football?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is Wayne Rooney getting the blame for it?

Probablly
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Should Lee Hughes and Marlon King have been leniently treated because they were pretty good at football?

Of course not, I was just wishing her well in getting her life back on track, as it might be tough if she is found guilty, whilst also just saying that she is a very good player, legal issues and playing ability don't mix.

Hughes, King, Edmundo, etc etc, all had their troubles with the law, and came back to a degree, so there is still hope for her, if she is found guilty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is probably the most high profile player in American soccer at the moment, and almost known as much as Marta, so this is a bit of a shock really.

It dosent matter how high profile she is, if she has done this and is found guilty she deserves to do some time.

It doesn't matter if she is high profile or Joe Bloggs from down the road.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course not, I was just wishing her well in getting her life back on track, as it might be tough if she is found guilty, whilst also just saying that she is a very good player, legal issues and playing ability don't mix.

Hughes, King, Edmundo, etc etc, all had their troubles with the law, and came back to a degree, so there is still hope for her, if she is found guilty.

Do you wish Stuart Hall well, in getting his life back on track?

After all, he's a very well known broadcaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who's Marta :confused:
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's Marta :confused:

I suspect that you're not taking the pee and geuinely don't know who Marta is.

Which made me laugh even harder at the irony of batdude's comment.

Marta is a Brazilian lady and probably the best female football player ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marta_%28footballer%29

She's better than Fred and Tom cleverely, that's for sure ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that you're not taking the pee and geuinely don't know who Marta is.

Which made me laugh even harder at the irony of batdude's comment.

Marta is a Brazilian lady and probably the best female football player ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marta_%28footballer%29

She's better than Fred and Tom cleverely, that's for sure ;-)

Thanks MP, I genuinely had no idea, I don't follow womens football whatsoever, so didn't know who this Marta was.

I thought Batdude had made a spelling mistake and was talking about Juan Mata.
    Thanks.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member

Shocking usage of words, her playing ability is completely irrelevant to this situation. You hope she gets everything sorted because she's a very good player:confused:

It could just be me, but I'm finding it hard getting my head around your reasoning, if she weren't in your opinion a good footballer would you still wish she eventually got everything sorted in the event that she was found guilty, or is it purely because of who she is?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    davethecue wrote: »
    She's quite high profile in the States so there will be a lot of interest

if she has any previous , it's quite likely a custodial sentence will happen
    She has a lot of previous. I recall that the police are regular visitors to her home. She's pretty wild!
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really. I used to post on a football site with a large American contingent and many feared she was going off the rails when I was on there. That was a good 2 years back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

Alex Morgan is also very high profile too,
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member

To be fair, they weren't really that good, but the answer is no - she should not be treated any differently because she is high profile (ish). Assault is assault no matter who is involved.

I wouldn't bring Stuart Hall into the discussion though.