• Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Is Michael White related to Jimmy?
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracker between Day and Woollaston...the 4th Crucible debutant achieved in a decider....

I was quite surprised he hasn't qualified before, seems like he's been around a while, good luck to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn your mic up Clive.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ominous signs here for Jimmy....Milkins 2-0 compiling two frame winning breaks with the black out of commission.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wins the third on the black though....think he's going to need some help from his opponent missing like in that frame to compete tbh.....

Edit: 2-2 at the MSI. Rather unpleasant cue bang by Milkins in that frame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Jimmy, getting back on level terms there. I think he does have a chance given Milkins's turbulent personality. And I think I'm right in saying Milkins has failed to qualify for the Crucible since 2006, so he has some mental baggage to overcome himself. Could be a close match this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 2005 in fact which is very surprising and a bit of an anomaly in as much as he's the only player to have made a 147 in World Qualifying, something he's done twice.

It's only worth one frame and all that.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Referee warns both players to keep their tempers as its Jimmy's turn to bang his cue in frustration when Milkins flukes (?) a cross double, leading to 4-2...

On the other tables, love to see Baird and Maflin make the Crucible...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the beginning of the end....White had two great chances in the eighth to score heavily but converted neither....6-2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, sadly have to agree TC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, 3-6 end of session....guess there's still a glimmer....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope springs and so forth.

And there's a chance Ebbo will make it by the looks of things. Could get a few decent sleeps in a week or so, thanks to the Narcoleptic Warrior.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why do I get a feeling we won't see jimmy white playing in the crucible again (world championship anyway)
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Why do I get a feeling we won't see jimmy white playing in the crucible again (world championship anyway)

Cos the White magic has long gone... :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angles looking good for a first Crucible appearance since 2006, 8-5 up over Tom Ford. Be a bit of a surprise if he won, notwithstanding his good recent form...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cos the White magic has long gone... :cry:

He has shown glimpses this qualifying campaign to be fair, notably the 130 total clearance. However he's got to start scoring tonight to have any chance, not sure he even managed a 40 this morning, and he's still far better than that.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angles looking good for a first Crucible appearance since 2006, 8-5 up over Tom Ford. Be a bit of a surprise if he won, notwithstanding his good recent form...

Didn't realise it had been that long since McManus had played at the Crucible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't realise it had been that long since McManus had played at the Crucible.
    Time flies eh Jim? Looks like he'll be the oldest player there most probably.*

Mark Davis safely through, he'll be very near the top of the 'players the top 16 seeds want to avoid' list. I'd put Fu and possibly Lisowski in that bracket too thus far.

*Edit: Actually Ebbo is slightly older, should he get there. (I'm discounting a Jimmy comeback in the age thing obviously).
  • Options
    simonl87simonl87 Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time flies eh Jim? Looks like he'll be the oldest player there most probably.

Mark Davis safely through, he'll be very near the top of the 'players the top 16 seeds want to avoid' list. I'd put Fu and possibly Lisowski in that bracket too thus far.

Yeah Fu is the man to avoid for me. Noticed he's scored 44 centuries this season which is amazing for a man out of the top 16. I also see BBC are showing the morning session of Saturdays play live on BBC2. I don't think this is normal. Must be the Ronnie factor.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time flies eh Jim? Looks like he'll be the oldest player there most probably.*

*Edit: Actually Ebbo is slightly older, should he get there. (I'm discounting a Jimmy comeback in the age thing obviously).

It certainly does fly TC. That actually makes me feel old. :eek::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken hanging on from 4-9 to just 7-9 now barring a snooker on the pink....
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken hanging on from 4-9 to just 7-9 now barring a snooker on the pink....

It's because I'm not there! He never wins when I'm there to watch.

Matt Selt was playing really well yesterday, but I would love Ken to get through.

I'm really pleased Holty's through, and McManus. Shame Wenbo didn't get through, he's so much fun to watch, but it is right that Mark Davis is there, it's Ronnie's fault he's having to qualify at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yeah, how dare he win the World Championship :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome clearance by Ken for 8-9. Super Crystalites of steel.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many tables do they have ? Because the Gould V Lawler game is going to be some time yet
This discussion has been closed.