Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scarlet's hang dog look is doing my head in. She is too sweet to be wholesome. I wish she would stop with the Ellie Mae act and just be a kick ass bitch for a while!!

Rayna has become a passive victim type, waiting for her Daddy or a bunch of investors to save her. Maybe Luke the sleaze will give her some money, he seems to be loaded if his house is anything to go by.

I love Juliette's fight, she goes after what she wants, rightly or wrongly.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else find the closing scenes at the Bluebird between Rayna, Deacon and Maddie to be quite stomach churning? All three of them sat round the table looning over each other. I dont think I can stand this new Deacon, whilst I dont want him to be a drunk, where has his spark gone? Lennon Stella whilst she can sing cannot act for toffee and is drawing Deacon into her version of fatherhood, where he looks increasingly uncomfortable. Get out of there Deacon before they suffocate you, grow your beard and get back on the road!:kitty:
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlet's hang dog look is doing my head in. She is too sweet to be wholesome. I wish she would stop with the Ellie Mae act and just be a kick ass bitch for a while!!.

While I don't condone physical violence Scarlett needs a serious kick up the arse or a good slap she's so wet & whiny all the time :D it's like if you don't like being in the spotlight then stop it no ones forcing you to be a singer >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else find the closing scenes at the Bluebird between Rayna, Deacon and Maddie to be quite stomach churning? All three of them sat round the table looning over each other. I dont think I can stand this new Deacon, whilst I dont want him to be a drunk, where has his spark gone? Lennon Stella whilst she can sing cannot act for toffee and is drawing Deacon into her version of fatherhood, where he looks increasingly uncomfortable. Get out of there Deacon before they suffocate you, grow your beard and get back on the road!:kitty:

I'm torn on this one. I did find the scene a bit cringy, mostly because Maddie was more or less drooling over Deacon, which was ugh. You are right, the girl can sing but acting not so much, and Maddie is a spoilt brat anyway.

I love Deacon, he is my favourite character. And I would like him to have a good relationship with Maddie - but right now she is trying to substitute him for Teddy, which is not good. I would like Deacon and Rayna to end up together - but only if she gets her spark back and they probably won't do it till the show is ending, if at all.

Yeah, I want Deacon to get over his guilt, go back on the road and be a huge success again. There's plenty of time to play happy families in the future.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    While I don't condone physical violence Scarlett needs a serious kick up the arse or a good slap she's so wet & whiny all the time :D it's like if you don't like being in the spotlight then stop it no ones forcing you to be a singer >:(
    Scarlett is a Pain...always.:(
    Well well well, Olivia - that took me by surprise! (Probably not as surprised as Juliette was, of course!)
    From last week when Olivia saw them, I was expect violence.:o...but does Juliette respond positively.;-);-);-)

Is it the case - only people on TV Drama's, put empty milk cartons back in fridges....:)
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm torn on this one. I did find the scene a bit cringy, mostly because Maddie was more or less drooling over Deacon, which was ugh. You are right, the girl can sing but acting not so much, and Maddie is a spoilt brat anyway.

I love Deacon, he is my favourite character. And I would like him to have a good relationship with Maddie - but right now she is trying to substitute him for Teddy, which is not good. I would like Deacon and Rayna to end up together - but only if she gets her spark back and they probably won't do it till the show is ending, if at all.

Yeah, I want Deacon to get over his guilt, go back on the road and be a huge success again. There's plenty of time to play happy families in the future.

Yeah, pretty much this. And Maddie's daddy issues are only going to get worse once she finds out Peggy's *pregnant*, which may only put more pressure on Deacon to become Teddy Mark II probably.:(
  • Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never understood how he & Scarlett got together in the first place. It's like she just fell out of a Disney film and should have little cartoon bluebirds tweeting round her head all of the time.

:D:D:D

Lol, this really made me laugh!

I find Scarlett too depressing tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still don't like or trust Luke Wheeler - think Deacon has his number too. Did the fact that Deacon left the concert so abruptly during Luke and Rayna's duet mean he realised they are together now??

That was a great song Scarlett sang when opening the concert. As much as she annoys me, I love her voice.

Is Juliette falling for Avery?? Looks that way to me. I think they would be good together. Stay way from Charlie boy, Juliette!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still don't like or trust Luke Wheeler - think Deacon has his number too. Did the fact that Deacon left the concert so abruptly during Luke and Rayna's duet mean he realised they are together now??

That was a great song Scarlett sang when opening the concert. As much as she annoys me, I love her voice.

Is Juliette falling for Avery?? Looks that way to me. I think they would be good together. Stay way from Charlie boy, Juliette!!

I don't know if Deacon left because of Luke and Rayna, or least it didn't occur to me to think his departure in that way. I thought it was telling what Scarlett said in reply to Deacon regarding him making music and performing and not taking up the opportunities he had. I think the whole Scarlett meltdown, her getting back on stage to fight the fear and Rayna's little talk about toughening up galvanised Deacon to do something for himself and not give up - "I'm not dead and I ain't done". Watching Luke and Rayna up on stage probably reminded him of the good times he had playing on stage with or without her (and of course deep down seeing Luke take Deacon's role probably piqued him a little, but by and large I think it really was about him, his talent and making the most of what he had. It was lovely to see him think of Megan too, which proves that this time round it is all about him sorting himself out good and proper, and not about getting Rayna back). While the chemistry between Rayna and Deacon was off the scale last season, I will be so glad when Deacon sorts himself out music-wise for himself. I would love it if he did the right thing not for Maddie or Rayna's sake but for himself. And I seriously can't wait to see Deacon play a guitar again.

Last night was probably the best episode for me this season mainly because I was seeing a show that went back to its musical roots, and for once the soap/romance stuff (which I don't mind) played second fiddle. I think the soap/romance stuff (whatever it's called) does help to humanise the characters but it is the music that really brings and binds them all together. I could feel that buzz I've been missing but was so prevelant in the pilot series. Please let it continue.

I liked that Scarlett had a bit of fire in her belly after her initial pitfall. But then she went back tweeting with the birds again.:(:p I don't mean the bit where she went back to her room feeling alone and lonely and terrified, but the bits before then where she was so down on herself. There is something missing for her that no amount of encouraging words can fill. It's just something she's going to have to discover for herself:(

Is Juliette taking a shine to Avery? Yeah, I saw a spark in Juliette. Avery just gets better and better in my books. His hubris last season taught him such a massive lesson that it's wonderful to see how he has learnt from it through his relationship with Juliette. I loved how he sees past Juliette's bravado but doesn't push her too much to open up. He just slowly lets her trust him in her own way and in her own time (after all, she's been hurt too many times herself). I also like the fact he doesn't realise that a talented, famous multi-millionairess singer/songwriter like Juliette would find him attractive.

It's also lovely to see Juliette reveal a different side to her nature that we all knew was there so hidden and concealed. I feel that with Avery Juliette doesn't feel the need to feel ashamed of her roots. Avery is the only man, apart from her manager, who has seen where she's come in all its glory. Which makes Charles Wentworth interesting: he doesn't particularly like his acquired wealth, or rather he doesn't enjoy it in any meaningful way. At least with Juliette he feels he can become a lot more grounded and not feel that his wealth is controlling him as opposed to the other way round. He's such a decent guy, but I don't think he "gets" Juliette sadly.

In any rate, Avery/Juliette and Deacon are by far the best stories for me to watch so far.

Gunnar is still trying to find his feet. I have no clue where they are taking him at all. Well, except that I feel he's going to be sucked into whatever it is and made a prize pup by the end of it.:(

As for Luke and Ryana, I don't really feel the chemisty with them (though it was good to see them duetting). But that's probably because of the kind of people they are now. Luke "Fit in With My Brand" Wheeler is a confident man who knows he want and boy, does he show it! He is a generous man, but he is no walkover when it comes to his career in music - he is businessman first and everything else will just have to find its role within that framework. And that part of him he sees in Rayna. Don't know if he sees her as a woman yet. Time will tell.

Rayna, on the other hand, really needs a s/l of her own - or maybe she's going through a career/personal transition and all its emotions, and it's all been played out on-screen. She feels so empty to me and that's probably why I'm just not enjoying her character right now:(. At the moment, she stuck with sharing screentime with Luke and Jeff and Scarlett, she seems to have taken a backseat. I can almost feel and see her personality is being sucked dry in this series, and I can almost see why. I feel so sorry for her.

I loved Juliette's takedown of Mrs Wentworth (sorry, can't remember her name, but then she is only defined by her hubby's wealth so far).

Teddy and Peggy: Nice paint job, Peggy. Not sure if I feel sorry for Teddy because I'm not sure that there is any point to this relationship or why we have to watch it. It's so out of place with the rest of the show I feel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought so ~ when Luke & Rayna were singing so close to one another, he looked a bit piqued. Though that might not necessarily be jealousy, it might be concern that she's getting involved with Luke, who Deacon certainly seems to have a slightly strained relationship with. Hope some juicy past feud comes to light there :D

Oooh, maybe Luke 'stole' one of Deacon's songs? Just like he was about to try and do with Gunnar, until Rayna called him on it. Yep, definitely a snake, that Luke chap.

Scarlett is grating on my very last nerve right now ~ for crying out loud, woman, no one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to be a country singer! If you hate it so much then go back to writing songs in your living room and working at the Bluebird. Just stop having the exact same nervous breakdown every single episode! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »

Teddy and Peggy: Nice paint job, Peggy. Not sure if I feel sorry for Teddy because I'm not sure that there is any point to this relationship or why we have to watch it. It's so out of place with the rest of the show I feel.

The 'political' aspects always seemed to have been shoe-horned in for no good reason, don't they? Don't know why, there's enough 'politics' in the music business if they want to include that type of element.

Never liked Peggy much ~ and after last night's stunt, I despise her.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great post Nihonga - it's so good to know that there are people who enjoy the show so much. I don't know how the viewing figures have been, but I really enjoy the show as long as there are songs to listen to (I was pleased that the political saga has gone on the backburner for now).

Delighted that Scarlett and Gunnar are singing together again. Whether Gunnar really gets a showcase (whatever that is) and whether he succeeds with it remains to be seen. Surely a good career can be made out of song-writing as long as you get the credit for it and collect the royalties. The stars always want to take some of the credit for writing songs as they know that is where the money is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I think it's a case of Deacon getting on with his life (and that includes Megan) but maybe just not wanting to see Rayna so close with Luke, both because a part of him will always love her and also because he doesn't fully trust Luke.

I bet Luke did steal a Deacon song, or something like that - he sure was ready to take some credit for Gunnar's till Rayna said what she did.

And I too hope that Deacon really gets back on track, career wise. His voice is better than Lukes imo. I loved the "I'm not dead and I ain't done" line.

I agree that Rayna is lacking spark this series, even though they are trying with the Jeff/war of the lables sl. I actually like her scenes with Tandy best - she is at her most natural in these.
  • cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Liam and Rayna had a genuine chemistry, even if it was just on a physical level - i'm hoping he come back into it (nobody tell me if he is or not, I don't like spoilers! :D). I think he made her more feisty so it could be just what she needs to get Highway 65 sorted.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the gig audiences are peeved that they pay all that money for a ticket and the artist just mimes to a recording! :p That's how I knew that Scarlett was going to mess up her song at first, because the vocals were live!
    Forum Member
    Not happy Charlie is still around - but the Wife thing was just messing with Juliette...it would have been fun.;-)

And Ted is boring me even more now - and Scarlett's stage 'riot' did get very corny with Rayna helping out...and what's with the Pillow.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching UK and US pace because I was over there when they started airing S2 in September. I'm just kind of lurking on this thread in case I accidentally bring up something that hasn't happened yet :p

On a separate note, I'm an extra on next week's episode, in a scene when Charlie and Juliette are talking (standing behind Charlie talking to someone). Look out for me :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Maddie and Deacon duet - not so sure about Juliette and Will. I really wanted Scarlett and Gunnar to keep singing, but she is so depressing at the moment.

Reyna was lucky that her comments in court did not result in her Dad being released - he would do whatever he wanted, and if that involved fleeing he would.

It's a shame that Teddy can't accept that Maddie can love two fathers. Yes, he has brought her up, but surely he should have realised that eventually the truth would come out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On a separate note, I'm an extra on next week's episode, in a scene when Charlie and Juliette are talking (standing behind Charlie talking to someone). Look out for me :cool: :D

Oooh, how exciting! What colour hair do you have? Any insider info from the set?
    DJW13 wrote: »

It's a shame that Teddy can't accept that Maddie can love two fathers. Yes, he has brought her up, but surely he should have realised that eventually the truth would come out?

On the basis of the Peggy situation, I've come to the conclusion that Teddy is so woefully stupid that it's a miracle he can breathe unassisted ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the basis of the Peggy situation, I've come to the conclusion that Teddy is so woefully stupid that it's a miracle he can breathe unassisted ;-)

People (certainly in TV land) believe what they want to believe and seldom doubt the word of their partner in matters of pregnancy (if you watched Glee you will seen another example of a wife pretending to be pregnant for months).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, how exciting! What colour hair do you have? Any insider info from the set?

It's meant to be red but it's more like a reddish brown. My back is to the camera anyway but at least you'll know it's me :p

I got in there at about 7.30ish and they got me to sign a release form thing and took a photo of my outfit (I literally came in off the street having met some of the crew a few nights before- long story). I was there for 2 hours while they filmed the 2 minute scene. A crew member briefed me on what I was doing which was basically pretending to talk to a server then go to the sofa and sit down. It was really interesting to see them do the various different takes from each angle. So many crew members on set too!
    Here's an interesting story, at one point there were noises/chatting coming from downstairs and they had to figure out what/who it was, Hayden Panettiere helped out by shouting downstairs to try and get them to shut up :p

Really amazing experience on the set, wish I could do it all again!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    I'm very behind but I just wanted to pop in and say that I love this show. I'm a massive music fan and I'm listening to a lot of country lately so this is perfect for me. I managed to see some of it online but it was removed before I got to episode 8 of the first season. I bought the first season on DVD the other day and I haven't been able to stop watching.

I've seen a couple of spoilers from season 2 on TV and I've deleted it from my Facebook page for now to avoid seeing others before I've caught up.

It has a brilliant soundtrack too.
    Forum Member
    Scarlett is really getting on my nerves now, with her depressing look all the time.

Thank heavens for Juliette, and her Battle with Layla. "Come on, she started it" :D

Ted was a relief too, with the Deacon situation - "Don't pull that DNA crap with me".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's meant to be red but it's more like a reddish brown. My back is to the camera anyway but at least you'll know it's me :p

I got in there at about 7.30ish and they got me to sign a release form thing and took a photo of my outfit (I literally came in off the street having met some of the crew a few nights before- long story). I was there for 2 hours while they filmed the 2 minute scene. A crew member briefed me on what I was doing which was basically pretending to talk to a server then go to the sofa and sit down. It was really interesting to see them do the various different takes from each angle. So many crew members on set too!
    Here's an interesting story, at one point there were noises/chatting coming from downstairs and they had to figure out what/who it was, Hayden Panettiere helped out by shouting downstairs to try and get them to shut up :p

Really amazing experience on the set, wish I could do it all again!

Arrgh!!!! Just realised that I forgot to look out for you! I've recorded it, so I'll scan through it again to see if I can spot you.

I do love this show, I really do, but sometimes the plotting is a bit heavy-handed:

'Wow, y'all seem really happy. Like the happiest married people anyone ever saw, ever.'
    'We are. We really, really, really couldn't be happier. Happiest people on the planet. Our lives are literally perfect and .... oh, she's been shot.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree that the Teddy/Peggy/attempted assassination was very random. I really do think the showrunners came up with that plot to defend Teddy and Peggy's increasing irrelevance to the show. What is going to happen now? Either Peggy ends up paralysed or can no longer have kids or both?

I must admit I didn't like Peggy's intervention over Maddie seeing Deacon. Although I tend to cringe at the rudeness of it in real life, I was glad Maddie told Peggy what was what. To compound the issue by implying Maddie's family was rather dysfunctional, Peggy had no right to tell Maddie she couldn't see Deacon on top of it.

Scarlett: I get that you are hurt that Gunner/Zoey wnet behind your back; I would be and Zoey knew how you would react anyway. But jeez, girl, you go on about it like a impetulant five-year-old. I swear I'm coming so close to wishing that those birds that tweet around you would just peck at you Hitchcock-The Birds stylee like :mad:. I'm also feeling sorry for Avery being lumped with you now, and I disliked him so much last season :blush:

Avery, dude man, you kill me:D You really do. Rescuing Juliette when she needed it, fantastic. Poor Juliette :(

No way is Will going to die. He can't:( And as for Layla, pleased that Jeff has his eye on her, although I would say, "I will terminate your contract forthwith if I ever got a whiff that you were behind the rumours, and everyone - and I mean, everyone in this industry will know it was you!" None of this polite "We will have to re-consider your contract with us" malarky. Probably the reason why I never made it as a music exec, lol!

Continuing to love seeing the drama developing round the music and not the other way round.:)