Options

When will i be famous?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
Forum Member
A study has found found that a desire for fame solely for the sake of being famous was the most popular future goal among a group of 10-12 year olds, overshadowing hopes for financial success, achievement, and a sense of community.

Which raises the question: Why do people want to be famous? And what would you like to be famous for?

Comments

• Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no desire to be famous, but I'd imagine it's for the wealth and lifestyle that generally accompanies fame.

If I had to become famous,I'd like to think it would be for writing a best-selling book, and not for getting my norks out on Big Brother. Neither situation is likely to happen.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I can't answer, I can't answer that."
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A study has found found that a desire for fame solely for the sake of being famous was the most popular future goal among a group of 10-12 year olds, overshadowing hopes for financial success, achievement, and a sense of community.

Which raises the question: Why do people want to be famous? And what would you like to be famous for?

And they will likely be disappointed because the majority of people who do become famous, either in the celebrity sense or the professional sense, do so because they have achieved something.

Also, at 10-12 years old, they probably don't really know what they want to be so their views will mostly likely change drastically by the time it matters.

I think the reason some people crave celebrity is any combination of wanting to be popular, money, lifestyle or professional validation/achievement (i.e. a serious actor being involved in serious films or TV shows).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I would never want to be famous, how would you live a normal life. I would like to be in a well known position, but not so known that you can't go down the shop. Maybe an MP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I would like the security and comfort that the money would bring but I would hate to have the public in my face all the time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like the money side and VIP queue jumping also the private planes but I don't think it would be worth having my private life invaded and having to read lies about me every day.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nargoth wrote: »
    Wasn't it great back when pop artists wrote their own songs with middle eights and proper song structure and performed them live? :p

World to teenagers: "I owe you nothing" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Wasn't it great back when pop artists wrote their own songs with middle eights and proper song structure and performed them live? :p

World to teenagers: "I owe you nothing" :D

Yeah they were. Pop music is rubbish these days.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's obviously a price to pay in becoming famous. What you gain in attention you lose in privacy and other things. I don't think I could put up with it, while the money would be nice, I'd hate not being able to do anything like a normal person.

No wonder most celebrities end up on drugs or dead. Imagine going to the park and having to deal with something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwQrUL8vys
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people become famous because of luck, not because they go searching for it. Those kids will become the Kind of people we see on reality tv shows like geordie shore etc.
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand people like that. They rarely up end famous, instead they sleep with celebs to gain a little 15 mins of fame.

Looking at actors as an example; they go into acting because they love acting, not because they want to be famous. Their fame just comes because they are pursuing what they love.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    Can't stand people like that. They rarely up end famous, instead they sleep with celebs to gain a little 15 mins of fame.

Looking at actors as an example; they go into acting because they love acting, not because they want to be famous. Their fame just comes because they are pursuing what they love.

Couldn't agree more with the latter part. The first part, they are kids so their views will likely change.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    "I can't answer, I can't answer that."

When will I see my picture in the paper?
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fame is sold as the ultimate by our culture... X factor, BGT, all those reality shows where fat Geordies become "famous" for peeing the bed.... It is hard to combat that idea that fame, in itself, is a "goal".