Grumpy Verne

XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would have liked to have seen more of Vern's nomination time in the diary room, he was certainly a bit grumpy with BB when asked to repeat his reasons for nomination. He scowled rolled his eyes 'I've just told you!'
Why was he so annoyed with BB? Will we ever know?
Verne doesn't seem to getting a lot of coverage on the HLs
He is ahead with the bookies I would like see a bit more of him if he is going to be this years winner:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's like that though. He gets annoyed easily I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Verne doesn't like being ordered around by BB. He refused to stand the night they had to vote which of the 3 nominated HMs they'd like to save. BB let him off with sitting to show his voting card.

Go Verne! I really like him - he doesn't often get a word in, but when he does it's usually worth hearing.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparentely he's a lot worse than he has been in here, according to fans of The Surreal Life. If they ever get some alcohol then we'll see the true Verne.
  • si2si2 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    He gets annoyed because he has pain. He's already mentioned that he takes pain killers so its no wonder he sometimes gets a little irritable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do see he is in pain and it can make a person irritable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Verne likes to be independent, despite the obvious difficulties he faces. Just walking to the diary room is a huge effort for him, and when you consider that he's in fairly constant pain, then I think grumpiness is allowed. And to be fair to him, he spends a good lot of his time smiling along with the chat.
    If I have a mild headache I'm as crabbed as a bag of cats!!

Also, if he takes strong pain killers, I wouldn't be suprised if alcohol affects him easily (and I'm not entirely sure that the drunk Verne would be the "true" Verne).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I want to see if Verne is a grumpy prima donna or if he just found himself on the wrong side of Big Brothers' 'US Housemates will jolly well nominate properly policy'. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    Would have liked to have seen more of Vern's nomination time in the diary room, he was certainly a bit grumpy with BB when asked to repeat his reasons for nomination. He scowled rolled his eyes 'I've just told you!'
    Why was he so annoyed with BB? Will we ever know?
    Verne doesn't seem to getting a lot of coverage on the HLs
    He is ahead with the bookies I would like see a bit more of him if he is going to be this years winner:)

My thoughts were that Verne's probably not familiar with the BB nomination process. So when BB talk back, going over things and getting people to clarify their reasons, he could have misconstrued it and thought they were talking down to him; something he'd obviously be sensitive about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Verne getting tetchy with BB was really funny - just beaten slightly by Ulrika nominating Ben for going around the house singing like a girl. :D
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm concerned at his the lack of coverage all round, I am none the wiser to the essence of Verne, seeing as he is popular with the public and likely to win. I think he could do with a bit more exposure.
    Yes perhaps it was his constant pain why he was a bit grumpy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    Apparentely he's a lot worse than he has been in here, according to fans of The Surreal Life. If they ever get some alcohol then we'll see the true Verne.

if The Surreal Life had a voting element, Verne would have won. His antics stole the show. If Verne gets drunk and creates mayhem, the public will enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBKrayzee wrote: »
    if The Surreal Life had a voting element, Verne would have won. His antics stole the show. If Verne gets drunk and creates mayhem, the public will enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure p*ssing on the carpet won't go down a treat tbh. But he'll probably get away with it, even though Tina gets condemned for even mentioning the thought :D
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the real Verne is the quiet and considerate one.

The drunken Verne on the surreal life was the drunk one. Everyone who is drunk acts like a bit of an idiot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Verne getting tetchy with BB was really funny - just beaten slightly by Ulrika nominating Ben for going around the house singing like a girl. :D

I did if I'm honest actually I've never seen anyone roll their eyes before and be like that unless being told off by BB!
    Perhaps he finds the whole process ridiculous and holds BB in contempt that's why I wanted to see more:mad:
    Now I must admit that was good for Ulrika:D
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    I think the real Verne is the quiet and considerate one.

The drunken Verne on the surreal life was the drunk one. Everyone who is drunk acts like a bit of an idiot.

Then why does Verne say "give me some drink and you'll see the real me."

He obviously feels he can't be himself in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure p*ssing on the carpet won't go down a treat tbh. But he'll probably get away with it, even though Tina gets condemned for even mentioning the thought :D

The US viewers thought that was particularly hirrarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube of Verne getting tetchy with production staff;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ0v8mGXZ10
    :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    I'm concerned at his the lack of coverage all round, I am none the wiser to the essence of Verne, seeing as he is popular with the public and likely to win. I think he could do with a bit more exposure.
    Yes perhaps it was his constant pain why he was a bit grumpy.

I've enjoyed glimmers we've seen of Verne's personality - on those rare occasions he can make himself heard above Mrs. Gobby of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBKrayzee wrote: »
    The US viewers thought that was particularly hirrarious.

But if you look at our BB today, which is controlled by OFCOM, I don't think people will be quite as receptive towards it :D
    Course they loved it in America. You can get away with anything on American RTV. Pouring ice tea on people's head, threatening them with violence, burning them with cigarettes. That was just Evel Dick :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I do hope he doesn't in B Block that's hallowed ground!
  • vincentvangogovincentvangogo Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not very p.c, but aren't dwarves reknowned for being irritable? Or is that midgets? I'll get me coat.